IGNORED

Cardiff City Annual Choking Party....

Robbie_Turner

so the rumours have spread...?

One of the most bizarre things ever posted on the Cardiff City boards earlier.

I don't believe it personally.

I personally think you will now struggle next season. You've had chances after chances but have bottled every opportunity. Whittingham, mason and cowie will go on to bigger clubs and that will leave you to a mid table finish next season.

I personally think you will now struggle next season. You've had chances after chances but have bottled every opportunity. Whittingham, mason and cowie will go on to bigger clubs and that will leave you to a mid table finish next season.

Same thing is said every year about us really. What you say may be true or we may strengthen, if Whittingham goes it isn't going to be cheaply. Personally I think we will do alright, Malky built a good base of the team last summer, add a few and we will be there or thereabouts again.

Wouldn't say we bottled anything this year, haven't played well since January really and West Ham were just much much stronger.

Wouldn't say we bottled anything this year, haven't played well since January really and West Ham were just much much stronger.

Than you, evidently. Of course, the hoofball cockernees failed to beat us home or away.

Same thing is said every year about us really. What you say may be true or we may strengthen, if Whittingham goes it isn't going to be cheaply. Personally I think we will do alright, Malky built a good base of the team last summer, add a few and we will be there or thereabouts again.

Maybe, but wasn't this your third attempt? Whittingham has been around for a few years now so he might feel it's about time he prem football. Mason and cowie are good talents who may attract a low prem side.

This.

Plus I'd add, even if you do lose Mason, Cowie and Whittingham, I'd still fancy Malky to pluck some gems from obscurity, he's done it at Watford, he did it Cardiff last season and he'll do it again.

I think Cardiff will be top 10 at least next season, as rivals all we can really do is hope that it goes tits up but I sincerely doubt it.

Maybe, but wasn't this your third attempt? Whittingham has been around for a few years now so he might feel it's about time he prem football. Mason and cowie are good talents who may attract a low prem side.

I wouldn't begrudge Whitts the chance, having signed a new contract recently though we would get a decent fee which I think would be used on other players. Mason may well do because of his age, although likewise just last month signed a new longer term deal, doesn't mean he will stay but shouldn't be going for spare change either. Think we will keep most of the team we want to and build upon it, looking forward to the summer, the amusing rumours have already started.

This.

Plus I'd add, even if you do lose Mason, Cowie and Whittingham, I'd still fancy Malky to pluck some gems from obscurity, he's done it at Watford, he did it Cardiff last season and he'll do it again.

I think Cardiff will be top 10 at least next season, as rivals all we can really do is hope that it goes tits up but I sincerely doubt it.

He found a few decent ones this season, hopefully he will find more.

You must be confident of doing more this year yourselves though, the manager will have his first summer transfer window to get in the players he wants, will be an important couple of months.

• Admin

You must be confident of doing more this year yourselves though, the manager will have his first summer transfer window to get in the players he wants, will be an important couple of months.

I'd actually like to see City & Cardiff both competing at the top end of the table as it will increase the "edge" in our meetings. Those sorts of games are the ones that live in the memory banks.

Its great to get rid of some dead wood. Hopefully this will give Del a bit more flexibility in the transfer market will fees and wages.

A fresh start next season. Should hopefully be a rise towards mid table for the first time in a few years.

To be fair it couldn't get a lot worse than last season.

I think most (realistic) City fans will settle for a season of stability, mid table and a young side with promise that look capable of progressing in future seasons.

The one change I'd desperately like to see is a change in our scouting network, for years now we have been hopeless in this department, SORT IT OUT!

I'd actually like to see City & Cardiff both competing at the top end of the table as it will increase the "edge" in our meetings. Those sorts of games are the ones that live in the memory banks.

Too true - that game at Ninian in our play off season when Brooker's goal was chalked off for offside was simply an electric atmosphere. It's been a bit quiet when the two clubs have met since then.

The one change I'd desperately like to see is a change in our scouting network, for years now we have been hopeless in this department, SORT IT OUT!

Agreed. The least you'd want from a stable, smaller club is to be supporting itself by finding hidden talent and maybe making a few quid by selling them on to even bigger clubs.

We lose a fortune in the transfer market and, with a few exceptions, turn a modest expensive player into a worthless crap player usually within 2 years. We lose money just about every time. In fact we are barely able to sell a player - their contract always expire.

Too true - that game at Ninian in our play off season when Brooker's goal was chalked off for offside was simply an electric atmosphere. It's been a bit quiet when the two clubs have met since then.

The 1-1 home draw was fun. When Nicky scored and Basso fumbled at the death.

Agreed, not been quite the same meetings for the last couple of seasons, as we didn't play Swansea this season I thought it may have been different but it wasn't. Unfortunately silly restrictions on fans don't help.

To be fair it couldn't get a lot worse than last season.

I think most (realistic) City fans will settle for a season of stability, mid table and a young side with promise that look capable of progressing in future seasons.

Similar to how I felt at the start of the season having lost so many players, most fans would have been happy with top half before the kick off, a good start though brings with it expectation. We didn't strengthen in January and fell away until we found form over the last ten games or so.

One of the improvements this season has been the scouting network, read an interview a while back where Malky said the scouting network was awful and he helped make it a bit more professional this season.

The younger players at lower levels are out there, just finidng the ones who can make the step up isn't easy, been impressed with what Norwich have done though doing just that.

Agreed, not been quite the same meetings for the last couple of seasons, as we didn't play Swansea this season I thought it may have been different but it wasn't. Unfortunately silly restrictions on fans don't help.

careful bluey. That's several sensible posts from you now. You must hold the record for a otib conversation not degenerating into a slanging match.

Are you sure you're a Cardiff fan?

careful bluey. That's several sensible posts from you now. You must hold the record for a otib conversation not degenerating into a slanging match.

Are you sure you're a Cardiff fan?

I am yes, most of us are ok really, honest.

I have no intention of wumming here, bit of football rivalry banter perhaps but nothing to make a farce of your fine forum, we have far too many on ours.

Archived