IGNORED

Worst 11 Updated

Swede

It's that time of year especially with Nicky Hunt on this forum I thought it was about time to post this for a laugh

1 M.Hooper

2 N.Hunt

3 A Hay

4 G Pennyfather

5 G Ceasar

6 Psycho Humphries

7 T Fitzpatrick

8 S Galliers

9 I Baird

10 G Stanley

11 M Flatts

It's that time of year especially with Nicky Hunt on this forum I thought it was about time to post this for a laugh

1 M.Hooper

2 N.Hunt

3 A Hay

4 G Pennyfather

5 G Ceasar

6 Psycho Humphries

7 T Fitzpatrick

8 S Galliers

9 I Baird

10 G Stanley

11 M Flatts

Humphries and Galliers are a little harsh I think!

No to Galliers, he was just what we needed for the first season he signed, a right little terrier, what a total headcase

Psycho Humphries was a near ever-present in the legendary promotion team of 89-90, alongside Biff Newman at Centre Back

Gary Stanley I agree with, he was shocking. I'd actually add Junior Bent, so much pace, so little...anything else...

Anyone remember the mazy 60 yard dribble Humphries done one night at the Gate, think it was against Huddersfield? Head down and he just ran, and ran. Anyone that got in his way were just run over - brilliant!

Never got the Galliers hate, as Sam says, just what we needed at the time

And Sam, Bent will always have a special place in my heart for the winner at Swindon in the early nineties - remember that one?

And Sam, Bent will always have a special place in my heart for the winner at Swindon in the early nineties - remember that one?

I recall him scoring at Swindle, think we won 3-0, it pi$$ed it down all game...Fleck scored for us. Don't remember him scoring there otherwise - but I can't claim to be the most regular attender down the years.

I'd actually add Junior Bent, so much pace, so little...anything else...

I couldn't put Bent into Room 101. He avoids the list for his performance at Leicester in the FA Cup alongside Jackie. And the performance on TV against Derby.

1 M.Hooper

2 N.Hunt

3 A Hay

4 G Pennyfather

5 G Ceasar

6 Psycho Humphries

7 T Fitzpatrick

8 S Galliers

9 I Baird

10 G Stanley

11 M Flatts

Galliers was a great little player, and after a dodgy start Glenn Humphries was a stalwart of our promotion season in 1990. Flatts was only on lone, so hardly qualifies, and Mike Hooper only played one game for us, and subsequently played for both Liverpool and Newcastle.

How can you possibly, POSSIBLY, have a worst ever City team without Henry McKop in it?!

I recall him scoring at Swindle, think we won 3-0, it pi$$ed it down all game...Fleck scored for us. Don't remember him scoring there otherwise - but I can't claim to be the most regular attender down the years.

This was a hot, sunny early season game, ran through from half way and slotted it home - an absolute beauty

May have been last minute too, I'm sure someone will remember for sure

I couldn't put Bent into Room 101. He avoids the list for his performance at Leicester in the FA Cup alongside Jackie. And the performance on TV against Derby.

And the winning goal at Swindon when he ran more than half the length of the field, and all the other great moments he gave us? I can't believe Junior gets mentioned in this context: he was a legend. He took Liverpool to pieces in those cup matches, although I admit his finishing (ahem) left a little to be desired. But seriously, he was a real servant to the club. You don't get to play over 200 games for us if you're cr*p. Shame on whoever suggested him.

And the winning goal at Swindon when he ran more than half the length of the field, and all the other great moments he gave us? I can't believe Junior gets mentioned in this context: he was a legend. He took Liverpool to pieces in those cup matches, although I admit his finishing (ahem) left a little to be desired. But seriously, he was a real servant to the club. You don't get to play over 200 games for us if you're cr*p. Shame on whoever suggested him.

Well said.

This was a hot, sunny early season game, ran through from half way and slotted it home - an absolute beauty

May have been last minute too, I'm sure someone will remember for sure

That's the one. It was in our first season back in the second tier, in 1990/91. Bob Taylor hoofed the ball out of our area while defending a corner in the 89th minutes, and Junior hared down field with it and slotted it past the goalkeeper. We won 1-0. Fantastic goal, up there with the best.

Archived