IGNORED

Worst 11 Updated

Swede

I cannot accept that any side without Gus Caesar can truly claim to be bad.

What made him uniquely dreadful was his enthusiasm. Literally seconds after testing his own keeper, he would blast the ball over the stand at the other end. I recall one wag in the East End calling out "Beware the Ides of March, Caesar!". He probably had to have that one explained to him...

In fifty years watching City he stands out in as being in a class of his own.

Where? All I've seen is the goal at Swindon mentioned. As for your other point he scored against us at Bloomfield Road later in that 97-98 season, a late equaliser in a 2-2 draw if I remember rightly.

H'mm sure I saw it - must be old age creeping on.

Yes, it must have been the away game. I do remember not being surprised.

Mind you Junior's 34 goals in 438 career appearances must be some kind of record for a winger.

The 89/90 team was a vintage. Sinclair, Llewellyn, Bailey, Newman, Humphries, Shelton, Rennie, Gavin, Smith, Turner & Taylor. Anyone mentioning any of those as contenders for the worst XI should get lifetime bans from this forum!

I remember that team. Fantastic. I have just filled my pants.

Nurse!

Well said.

Glenn Humphries was brilliant, never say die attitude and you wouldnt want to mess with him. If my memory serves, didnt we replace him with Mark Aizlewood, who was equally nasty, and prone to the odd headbutt as well. Another you wouldnt want to mess with.

The 89/90 team was a vintage. Sinclair, Llewellyn, Bailey, Newman, Humphries, Shelton, Rennie, Gavin, Smith, Turner & Taylor. Anyone mentioning any of those as contenders for the worst XI should get lifetime bans from this forum!

Still cant believe Lumsden sold God.

Anyway, back to the worst XI. Ian Baird should be in there for his attitude to the fans if nothing else. And a front 3 of Ian Brown, Guy Madjo and Bas Savage would strike fear into any defence!!!

Superjack agrees with SuperDziek.

Bas savage ... Still makes me laugh even now ...

The weird thing was the crowd reaction after. Despite being a near full house, for a good five minutes there was total disbelief, no singing, just the sound of muttering from all 4 sides of the ground. Even Yeovil were dumbstruck.

As for booking him for diving.....I think a straight red would have done everyone a favour.

Bas savage ... Still makes me laugh even now ...

[media=]

An Aston Gate memory that will live long in the memory.

Styvar just has to be in the team. I can't recall seeing a worse centre-forward for anyone, let alone us! It's also hard to describe Dyche's time here as anything other than a disaster.

An Aston Gate memory that will live long in the memory.

Styvar just has to be in the team. I can't recall seeing a worse centre-forward for anyone, let alone us! It's also hard to describe Dyche's time here as anything other than a disaster.

Didn't Dyche come in part way through our promotion and do well. But next season in the champ, the was bought back too early when still injured, then the fans turned on the poor bugger.

Our loss as far as I can remember, when fit for us he did well, when unfit looked like a cart horse. manager and fans to blame for this one, driving the poor bloke out. For years we wanted a dominant central defender, when Taylor got injured, in he came, |I can't but think, if we had stuck by him, he and we could have done a whole lot better than what actually happened.

Didn't Dyche come in part way through our promotion and do well. But next season in the champ, the was bought back too early when still injured, then the fans turned on the poor bugger.

Our loss as far as I can remember, when fit for us he did well, when unfit looked like a cart horse. manager and fans to blame for this one, driving the poor bloke out. For years we wanted a dominant central defender, when Taylor got injured, in he came, |I can't but think, if we had stuck by him, he and we could have done a whole lot better than what actually happened.

It was due to injury and although I don't remember it too well I do recall him getting a lot of stick, perhaps not entirely his fault but a disastrous spell nonetheless!

It was due to injury and although I don't remember it too well I do recall him getting a lot of stick, perhaps not entirely his fault but a disastrous spell nonetheless!

Yep, typical city fans though. Good games in helping get us up. Then a few bad performances and they wanted to lynch the poor bloke.

To to be fair to him took it very well, and never reacted..... unlike Baird

Carl Hutchings?

Exactly....Awful...I have mentioned before I never get on our players backs....However I made an exception for Hutchings. I once yelled at him 'Hutchings you are the worst player ever to pull on a City shirt' and the bloke behind me shouting 'here here'

Galliers, Humphries, Penyfather dont really belong in that league....

Dyche joined prior to our promotion season, but took 2 months to get fit, scored a blinding og on a night game (york or preston, can't remember which), then after 2 months got injured again and missed the rest of the season. He started the following season, but his first half performance against lee hughes sealed his fate, being nutmegged from 30 yards didn't help.

Pennyfather spent most of his time at City on the bench or being a sex pest at the Avon Gorge Hotel. I think he deserves his place in this thread.

what about Alan Hay from the 79,80 season

A full back with the pace of a hearse and charisma to match and the added bonus of not being. able to tackle.

buying cheap scotch never works and always leaves a bad taste in the mouth

When I first started watching football in the 70's we had a player called Danny Bartley, large chap who often came on as a sub. I was a nipper at the time, but I can always remember the blokes around me muttering "here comes the carthorse". Apologies if I've dissed him unfairly, based on the opinions of my elders and betters at the time! :ill:

Upfront you're not even close. That dishonour goes to the 'class' of 82/83: Paul Williams, pride of Ottery St Mary, narrowly cedes the worst of all time award to John 'Donkey' Palmer. Even when bust & going through the trapdoor at a rates of knots did we envisage witnessing such ineptitude.

Archived