IGNORED

Worst 11 Updated

Swede

That's the one. It was in our first season back in the second tier, in 1990/91. Bob Taylor hoofed the ball out of our area while defending a corner in the 89th minutes, and Junior hared down field with it and slotted it past the goalkeeper. We won 1-0. Fantastic goal, up there with the best.

That's the badger - Sunday afternoon I think? Happy days, always hated going to Swindle, that trip was worth it though!

Not too sure many of us thought he would stick it away though!!

That's the one. It was in our first season back in the second tier, in 1990/91. Bob Taylor hoofed the ball out of our area while defending a corner in the 89th minutes, and Junior hared down field with it and slotted it past the goalkeeper. We won 1-0. Fantastic goal, up there with the best.

Wasn't there to watch it. Sounds like a certain Ivan Sproule goal.

Ok sorry. What about Julian Marshall. Last time I saw him he had a carrot in his mouth pulling a cart

...but one of the Ashton Gate Eight, so where would the club be without him?

Bl**dy awful player though.

No mention for the usual suspects fro the glorious days of the Russell Osman regime: Colin Loss, Rodney McAree, Mark Humphries, Ian Brown? World-beaters the lot of them. What about that (ahem) person of diminished stature, Liam Robinson, who formed the dynamic partnership with Ian Baird and, if I remember rightly, scored four goals all season, two in the last match. He always reminded me of the equally vertically-challenged character in Rab C Nesbitt.

Bas Savage-what a hero. Played his heart out but will never forget when he took a tumble from nothing on the edge of the box! Was that against Brighton?

I believe the sniper who took him out was arrested in the colours of green hoops. Yeovil?

This was a hot, sunny early season game, ran through from half way and slotted it home - an absolute beauty

May have been last minute too, I'm sure someone will remember for sure

I'm sure it was a corner to them then Bob Taylor played a wonderful long pass to Junior on the halfway line and he did the rest.

Galliers! No Chance

Humphries! No Chance

Add Gary Marshall, Bo Anderson, Carl Hutchings and Tony Dining and your getting somewhere

Bo Anderson was pretty decent on his day Dinning on loan no dinning signing for us yes

It's that time of year especially with Nicky Hunt on this forum I thought it was about time to post this for a laugh

1 M.Hooper

2 N.Hunt B Maddog Mitchell

3 A Hay Dicky Dryden

4 G Pennyfather

5 G Ceasar

6 Psycho Humphries S Dyche

7 T Fitzpatrick R McAree

8 S Galliers H McKop

9 I Baird

10 G Stanley S. McCarthy

11 M Flatts

A nrevised "team"

I've taken on board all of your suggestions and I've actually found some one worse than Nicky Hunt! gulp!

That's the badger - Sunday afternoon I think? Happy days, always hated going to Swindle, that trip was worth it though!

Not too sure many of us thought he would stick it away though!!

I thought I could remember that game quite well , but obviously not , cause I could have sworn he scored on the stroke of half time !!??

Some of the above mentioned were before my time, but surely they can't be a lot worse than the likes of Steve Jones, Julian Watts and Tommy Black??

Tommy Black was good, from what I remember.

Steve Jopnes was played when injured, his come back the following season, well he did okay, and even got his own song.

Watts.........

Tommy Black was good, from what I remember.

Steve Jopnes was played when injured, his come back the following season, well he did okay, and even got his own song.

Watts.........

To be fair I only saw Black a few times but thought he was awful. Steve Jones on the other hand was terrible!! I have seen oil tankers turn quicker!!

Humphries and Galliers should not be anywhere near that team, shameful selections. Ray Attevald was pretty poor for us and what about the centre half Mark Hughes. Built like the Costa Concordia, turned like the Costa Concordia and brought down as many people as the Costa Concordia.

I thought I could remember that game quite well , but obviously not , cause I could have sworn he scored on the stroke of half time !!??

Looks like no one knows for sure! Sure it was last minute, but was a long time ago and refreshments had been taken before kick off!

Humphries and Galliers should not be anywhere near that team, shameful selections. Ray Attevald was pretty poor for us and what about the centre half Mark Hughes. Built like the Costa Concordia, turned like the Costa Concordia and brought down as many people as the Costa Concordia.

Haha actually just laughed out loud. That's class mate!

No mention for Ian Leigh who we got on loan only played one game awful in goal.

Tony Shepherd also past his time Gary Stanley,Ray Atteveld,Gus Caesar surely

has to get a place in central defence in worst team

The not so good Marvin Harriott,Jamie Hoyland,Ian Baird,Mark Flatts,Mark Humphries,

Colin Loss,Rodney Mcaree,Henry Mckop,Brian MitchellStig Johansen,Sean Dyche,

Neil Heaney,Carl Hutchings,Bo Andersen,Clem Zwijnenberg,Gerard Lavin,Tony Dinning.

Should be enough rubbish players there for "The Loan Players " v " The Permant Players"

with the two managers Osman and Pulis.

Looks like no one knows for sure! Sure it was last minute, but was a long time ago and refreshments had been taken before kick off!

According to this we scored in the 31st minute ! So we all must have taken on too much apple juice that day !!

http://www.swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19910103

Archived