IGNORED

A United Bristol..?

PFree

I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for this but with the massive opportunity that exists in Bristol and the South West, wouldn't it be better to have one football club with one large new stadium that is financially viable rather than two teams who are independently seeking new stadiums whilst trading upon massive year after year losses..?

Imagine having one team who everybody in Bristol and the surrounding areas got behind? External commercial investment would be far easier to obtain? Gates would naturally increase as after all, this is about Bristolians wanting to passionately support a club?

I'm sure I am about to face the wrath of years of hatred and whatever but just imagine the prospect of having one side within a catchment area of millions of people across the South West - surely outside investment, a new stadium and Premier League football would be far more attractive to those who don't necesarily share the existing rivalry?

Some will say it's not possible and here we go again but let's face it, we are hardly in a great position as a club, especially financially, are we..?

A problem, even if fans were in favour, is that league rules state that if two teams merge the resulting entity takes the league position of the lower team. So we'd have to play in league 2 which would sort of make last seasons long struggle against relegation seem like a complete waste of time.

What a good idea, can I direct you to their website where you can sign up:

http://www.bristolunitedfc.co.uk/default.asp

There was some nut running a website specifically for this including transcripts of his letters to Bill Gates seeking backing but it seems to have disappeared. The chap had an unusual name and somebody on here had some IT dealings with him that he came to regret.

I swear this PaulFree bloke is :gasmask: , he posted this crap a few months ago.

Either that or Guy Price in disguise. :)

I wil NEVER set foot in a shared BCFC/ :gasmask: stadium. :redcard::igiveup::grr:

BCAGFC

Imagine the cost of disinfecting and fumigating it every other week after the Blue Few have contaminated it? It would outweigh any economies of scale.

When this old chestnut gets posted the perpetrator assumes this is a City with two equally matched clubs like Sheffield.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

For a very long time there has. only been

ONE TEAM IN BRISTOL

I don't even see them as viable rivals anymore.

I think the other Rovers (Forest Green)would be a better use of a football league space.

The best way forward for them would be to do a Cardiff and change their colour to red and change their name to something nose snazzy and us to date

BRISTOL CITY RESERVES

God hasn't this died the death yet, it must rear it's ugly head every 2 or 3 months, and had done so for years and years and years.

I know the same old questions get regurgitated time and time again, But this one, oh so tiresome, and people always say "I know I am going to get slaughtered for this" So why say it? I just wonder sometimes, if people post this question to make themselves feel good about stirring up a years old debate. if you want an answer look through the archives.

Oh well, like an idiot I have gone and replied to it.

I'm sure I'll get slaughtered for this but with the massive opportunity that exists in Bristol and the South West, wouldn't it be better to have one football club with one large new stadium that is financially viable rather than two teams who are independently seeking new stadiums whilst trading upon massive year after year losses..?

Imagine having one team who everybody in Bristol and the surrounding areas got behind? External commercial investment would be far easier to obtain? Gates would naturally increase as after all, this is about Bristolians wanting to passionately support a club?

I'm sure I am about to face the wrath of years of hatred and whatever but just imagine the prospect of having one side within a catchment area of millions of people across the South West - surely outside investment, a new stadium and Premier League football would be far more attractive to those who don't necesarily share the existing rivalry?

Some will say it's not possible and here we go again but let's face it, we are hardly in a great position as a club, especially financially, are we..?

Nothing personal mate but. **** off will you.

Would you honestly rather sell our history, tradition and sell just to play in the PL in an "arena"? Is that really what football is about to you? We are Bristol City supporters, it doesn't matter if it's financially viable or any other shit it wouldn't be us. We'd be a fake plastic club, in the same bracket as MK Dons.

I swear this PaulFree bloke is :gasmask: , he posted this crap a few months ago.

Either that or Guy Price in disguise. :)

I wil NEVER set foot in a shared BCFC/ :gasmask: stadium. :redcard::igiveup::grr:

BCAGFC

...like usual on here, never expect too much of an educated response - is a forum to discuss footballing topics or simply to slag off any views that don't agree with yours? I'd be interested for you to find the link where I posted this recently, you'll spend a long time looking by the way as I haven't.

I've actually been a season ticket holder for over 10 years at the Gate and supported City for over 20.

Other than the history and passion involved, what commercial negatives are there if this were considered? I am simply generating debate by the way...

...like usual on here, never expect too much of an educated response - is a forum to discuss footballing topics or simply to slag off any views that don't agree with yours? I'd be interested for you to find the link where I posted this recently, you'll spend a long time looking by the way as I haven't.

I've actually been a season ticket holder for over 10 years at the Gate and supported City for over 20.

Other than the history and passion involved, what commercial negatives are there if this were considered? I am simply generating debate by the way...

In which case why post it?

It has been done to death a thousand times, with the same old arguments for and against. There is nothing new to be gotten from the same old tired post mate, You must have known that when you were typing it.

Seemed a pointless post, but you got what you wanted, some kind of reaction.

Archived