IGNORED

A United Bristol..?

PFree

So putting the United Bristol aside....and with our finances continually on the slide, we are all in agreement that a new stadium and the opportunity this provides would help matters but what else could improve our financial position?

Remember that influential people read this board...

Are you confident the board have plans in place to improve our finances given the importance? What ideas have you that would help improve matters? How could we draw new fans to the Gate, how can we improve the entertainment value?

What are you trying to get at PF.....sounds as if you have an agenda....are you friends with NickJ?.

Our losses should be reduced substantially next season as we have got rid of a lot of high earners and it looks like Cisse is on his way as well.......I would hazard a guess that only Stead & Pitman are on huge wages now.

New fans were attracted to AG last season, the last 3 attendances prove that and most seem to be families.

The entertainment value will only improve with better players and a more attacking approach to games.

BCAGFC

OK Paul I take your point , you are City through and through ( the over the bridge thing was tongue in cheek)

So on to your original question "Would a Bristol United be better supported"?

Well, the simple answer is no. Because with the massive defection of both City and Rovers fans, instead of your imaginary 16,000 + 8,000 = 24,000, you would actually get about (at best) half of that, and so end up with less support than City get now on our own.

Even if "Bristol United" could get to the premier league, they would be more like Wigan, in that the only way the Stadium sells out is when there was a massive away following.

Sorry Paul, it ain't gonna happen

Quite true, I remember when the gas had to play at the Gate because one of their sheds got burnt down and they had terrible crowds all because it was the Gate

What are you trying to get at PF.....sounds as if you have an agenda....are you friends with NickJ?.

Our losses should be reduced substantially next season as we have got rid of a lot of high earners and it looks like Cisse is on his way as well.......I would hazard a guess that only Stead & Pitman are on huge wages now.

New fans were attracted to AG last season, the last 3 attendances prove that and most seem to be families.

The entertainment value will only improve with better players and a more attacking approach to games.

BCAGFC

I'm not getting at anything buddy - this forum can add valuable ideas and helps the board and interested parties understand current sentiment but also ideas that can help improve our club. I was just wondering if anybody would come forward with thoughts that could be harnessed in a positive way..?

Interestingly the last three gates were due to the reduction in gate prices but it's good to know the support is there.

Archived