IGNORED

What A Finish To The Premier League...

cityexile

Nothing wrong with it. But don't expect to be liked for it.

Why can't he have the good grace to just say well done Man City, he has to get his sly little dig in, it sums him up perfectly. I thought he would have been bigger than that, the guy is nearly 70, not 20.

He's correct though, he congratulated them and said they deserve it.

He's correct though, he congratulated them and said they deserve it.

So what if he is correct, there was no need to say it. just shows him up for the sad bitter Jock that he is.

True greats don't have to drop to that level. They have a little class, which this bloke is and has always been sadly missing.

So what if he is correct, there was no need to say it. just shows him up for the sad bitter Jock that he is.

True greats don't have to drop to that level. They have a little class, which this bloke is and has always been sadly missing.

You're saying Sir Alex isn't a true great? So what if he has a little dig here and there, If he didn't even congratulate them that would have been bad.

You're saying Sir Alex isn't a true great? So what if he has a little dig here and there, If he didn't even congratulate them that would have been bad.

No, he will be a great. But a classless great.

Interestingly , the Man City starting XI today cost less than the Man Utd XI.

This is true but where would City be had it not been for the money? Four years ago City finished the season losing 8-1 at Middlesbrough with Benjani and Darius Vassell up front.

Fair play to them.

We non-Prem fans, we tend to go all pure and righteous when teams like Fulham, Reading, Wigan, Blackburn et al buy their modern success but if truth be told it's mostly down to frustration and jealously.

This is true but where would City be had it not been for the money? Four years ago City finished the season losing 8-1 at Middlesbrough with Benjani and Darius Vassell up front.

Fair play to them.

We non-Prem fans, we tend to go all pure and righteous when teams like Fulham, Reading, Wigan, Blackburn et al buy their modern success but if truth be told it's mostly down to frustration and jealously.

I agree.

Inspired by Man City's success, I'm going to make sure my kids win Sports Day by buying loads of fast, strong kids from other countries.

Fair play to them.

You can say the same for united

think of how many players they have bought. Pretty much all of them take away Beckham, The Nevilles Scholes, Giggs, Evans Smalling, Fletcher, black dude with the ginger hair at Sunderland, I know i am missing a few, almost all of their players have been bought.

Blackburn bought their title, Arsenal bought their title, but less was spent.

Interestingly , the Man City starting XI today cost less than the Man Utd XI.

When I seen this I was rather shocked so I had to check.

Joe Hart - 600k

Pablo Zabaleta - 6.4m

Vincent Kompany - 6m

Joleon Lescott - 18m

Gael Clichy - 7m

Yaya Toure - 24m

Gareth Barry - 12m

David Silva - 21m

Samir Nasri - 23m

Sergio Aguero - 38m

Carlos Tevez - 32m

=188m

Man Utd:

David De Gea - 17m

Phil Jones - 16.5m

Rio Ferdinand - 30m

Jonny Evans - Youth Product

Patrice Evra - 5.5m

Paul Scholes - Youth Product

Michael Carrick - 16m

Ryan Giggs - Youth Product

Ashley Young - 18m

Antonio Valencia - 16m

Wayne Rooney - 25m

=144m

These figures are all ''reportedly around''

You can say the same for united

think of how many players they have bought. Pretty much all of them take away Beckham, The Nevilles Scholes, Giggs, Evans Smalling, Fletcher, black dude with the ginger hair at Sunderland, I know i am missing a few, almost all of their players have been bought.

Blackburn bought their title, Arsenal bought their title, but less was spent.

They bought Smalling from Fulham!

The fact is every team has to buy the title. Blackburn did in 95 as you say, it's just the finances in the game were not as huge back then.

Even though Blackburn did not spend the kind of money Man City have done today say, back then it was still huge amounts of money.

They bought Smalling from Fulham!

The fact is every team has to buy the title. Blackburn did in 95 as you say, it's just the finances in the game were not as huge back then.

Even though Blackburn did not spend the kind of money Man City have done today say, back then it was still huge amounts of money.

Exactly.

Didn't know Smalling was from Fulham

That said Scholes was taken from Oldham

Looking at the fees spent, you have to say Man City have invested the money better, Not that any player should be wort the money being banded about today

Joe Hart - 600k

Pablo Zabaleta - 6.4m

Vincent Kompany - 6m

Joleon Lescott - 18m

Gael Clichy - 7m

Yaya Toure - 24m

Gareth Barry - 12m

David Silva - 21m

Samir Nasri - 23m

Sergio Aguero - 38m

Carlos Tevez - 32m

=188m

Man Utd:

David De Gea - 17m

Phil Jones - 16.5m

Rio Ferdinand - 30m

Patrice Evra - 5.5m

Michael Carrick - 16m

Ashley Young - 18m

Antonio Valencia - 16m

Wayne Rooney - 25m

=144m

Figures on both sides seem quite out there.

I heard it was City: £161million, United: £169million. That might have included the bench as well though

Joe Hart - 600k

Pablo Zabaleta - 6.4m

Vincent Kompany - 6m

Joleon Lescott - 18m

Gael Clichy - 7m

Yaya Toure - 24m

Gareth Barry - 12m

David Silva - 21m

Samir Nasri - 23m

Sergio Aguero - 38m

Carlos Tevez - 32m

=188m

Man Utd:

David De Gea - 17m

Phil Jones - 16.5m

Rio Ferdinand - 30m

Patrice Evra - 5.5m

Michael Carrick - 16m

Ashley Young - 18m

Antonio Valencia - 16m

Wayne Rooney - 25m

=144m

The difference being manu still have quite a few other 'youth products' who play, Manc = 0 and when you take the squads as a whole the Manc squad cost far more than Manu's.

Exactly.

Didn't know Smalling was from Fulham

That said Scholes was taken from Oldham

Looking at the fees spent, you have to say Man City have invested the money better, Not that any player should be wort the money being banded about today

Not at all. Football will end up killing itself. The money is crazy and at the top level it is no longer the game I remember, its merely a business.

Archived