IGNORED

What A Finish To The Premier League...

cityexile

:rofl2br::D

Great finish although I thought QPR were excellent as far as defending goes.

This will be great for english football at the top level, Manure will realise they have some total garbage on their books (Fabio/Rafael, Evans, Carrick, Anderson etc, etc) and strengthen, Chelski will replace the old guard, Tottenham & Arsenal will improve.

Oh and Liverpool will still be crap. :icecream:

BCAGFC

Carrick should be off of that list, he's been a top player this season

The difference being manu still have quite a few other 'youth products' who play, Manc = 0 and when you take the squads as a whole the Manc squad cost far more than Manu's.

Interestingly though Man City have one the best break through of youth products in the premier league. I read somewhere they have produced more premier league home grown/youth players than anyone.

Obviously not all are at in their squad, but players like Ireland, Onouha have all been sold on making the club profits.

Figures on both sides seem quite out there.

I heard it was City: £161million, United: £169million. That might have included the bench as well though

Whatever the figures, it is a bit rich for Man U fans to acuse City of buying the title. Until fairly recently, and for much of the last 20 years, Man U have had the financial muscle in the premier league and were able to "buy" the title year after year, as their buying power was greater than anyone elses.

In the last few years sugar daddy owners have enabled other clubs to compete in the transfer market and Chelsea and now Man City have shown that this can bring sucess. Steve Landown's wealth pails into insignificance compared to owners at the top end of the game but Pardew's sucess this season shows that a competitive premier league team can be put together without having to break the bank ( in premier league terms, of course). On the other hand, Dalgleish has shown that spending big is no guarantee of sucess either.

The difference being manu still have quite a few other 'youth products' who play, Manc = 0 and when you take the squads as a whole the Manc squad cost far more than Manu's.

Well they have Giggs

Only real product Man City have is Micah Richards.

Well they have Giggs, Evans and Welbeck which are regulars

But Evans wouldn't be playing if there were no injuries.

That leaves Welbeck and Giggs.

So only really 1 home grown talent difference in the starting line up.

Rumours are that Sturridge could be going back to Man City, so that could be their 2nd :)

either way, Man U have stopped producing real top quality talent. Most of theirs are old or bit parts

Just thought I'd point out that one of the cheapest buys was Vincent Company - bargain of the season.... Any season at £6M.

He is one of the main reasons MCFC won the title.

Hard to think of a better centre half in the world at present as well!

Just thought I'd point out that one of the cheapest buys was Vincent Company - bargain of the season.... Any season at £6M.

He is one of the main reasons MCFC won the title.

I agree, imagine him playing alongside Vidic...

Man City's key players in their spine has won them the league.. Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero.

Well they have Giggs

Well they have Giggs, Evans and Welbeck which are regulars

But Evans wouldn't be playing if there were no injuries.

That leaves Welbeck and Giggs.

So only really 1 home grown talent difference in the starting line up.

Rumours are that Sturridge could be going back to Man City, so that could be their 2nd :)

either way, Man U have stopped producing real top quality talent. Most of theirs are old or bit parts

Scholes.. he was part of the class of 92. He's been at United since 1991 and never played for any other side.

And Sturridge thinks he is so much better than he is. He's good but not good enough for Man City imo.

I agree, imagine him playing alongside Vidic...

Man City's key players in their spine has won them the league.. Hart, Kompany, Toure, Silva and Aguero.

Definitely,

I thought Toure was a big outlay, but in terms of A English league midfielder, he really has come into his own this season.

Kompany has always been good, still can't believe they got him for 6 million.

Hart A gamble but not a big one at 600k from Shrewsbury, I will say this is probably their best buy of the lot. A keeper like that can save you enough points in a season to make a difference.

Silva, a luxury that that City can afford to have, brilliant or frustrating.

Aguero, well this guy is a class finisher, paid a lot, but in terms of today's transfer fees, well, what was today's goal worth?

Scholes.. he was part of the class of 92. He's been at United since 1991 and never played for any other side.

And Sturridge thinks he is so much better than he is. He's good but not good enough for Man City imo.

They stole Scholes from Oldham, that is why i didn't include him, not fully home grown, even though he never got in the Oldham first team

Scholes has been at Man Utd since he was 14.. That is home-grown.

He's never been at Oldham, he is only a fan.

He was in Oldham's youth before poached. i remember a interview with Scholes himself

He was in Oldham's youth before poached. i remember a interview with Scholes himself

At age 14, he began training with Manchester United.[8] He then later joined as a trainee upon leaving the Cardinal Langley Roman Catholic High School in Middleton during the summer of 1991.[7] In his final term at school, he was selected to represent Great Britain National Schools in football.

At age 14, he began training with Manchester United.[8] He then later joined as a trainee upon leaving the Cardinal Langley Roman Catholic High School in Middleton during the summer of 1991.[7] In his final term at school, he was selected to represent Great Britain National Schools in football.

Have you been looking at all things wiki

never trust it.

i could of changed that

I know but who would really edit Paul Scholes's youth history?

Who knows doubt they have, but from A interview from the man himself he started out at Oldham, at what age, I dunno.

Fair enough, 14 is pretty much home grown

Who knows doubt they have, but from A interview from the man himself he started out at Oldham, at what age, I dunno.

Fair enough, 14 is pretty much home grown

I do know that he was close to ending his career at Oldham but he said his fitness meant he had to call it a day. Paul Scholes could play in league one with his eyes closed..

I do know that he was close to ending his career at Oldham but he said his fitness meant he had to call it a day. Paul Scholes could play in league one with his eyes closed..

I am surprised he even thought about it.

i would want to finis on a high, especially with his career.

To have been around for as long as he has, with no scandel, no nasty stories, says alot about the guy.

Yep a poor tackler which bought many reds, but a professional many kids should model a career on. Not like some of the primadonas out their today.

I am surprised he even thought about it.

i would want to finis on a high, especially with his career.

To have been around for as long as he has, with no scandel, no nasty stories, says alot about the guy.

Yep a poor tackler which bought many reds, but a professional many kids should model a career on. Not like some of the primadonas out their today.

120 bookings and 10 reds. Such a rubbish tackler but makes every other aspect of the game look so easy.

120 bookings and 10 reds. Such a rubbish tackler but makes every other aspect of the game look so easy.

That is some record. if Barton wasn't such a dick, he'd make Scholes look a saint!

Capello wouldn't pick Barton because of his red card's! Wonder why he picked Rooney :laugh:

Edit, I am watching some wildlife thing with Richard Hammond, they have some monkeys. I am sure Rooney took some photos of them to his hair clinic place

That is some record. if Barton wasn't such a dick, he'd make Scholes look a saint!

Capello wouldn't pick Barton because of his red card's! Wonder why he picked Rooney :laugh:

Edit, I am watching some wildlife thing with Richard Hammond, they have some monkeys. I am sure Rooney took some photos of them to his hair clinic place

:laugh: That Planet Earth Live is very good imo.

Wow someone should look at Real Madrid celebration party at their stadium.

Lights out and all you see is thousands of flashing lights due to everyone taking photo's.

38 games played and the first team in any major european league to end the season on 100 points, scoring 121 goals in those 38 games.

Record breakers!

Wow someone should look at Real Madrid celebration party at their stadium.

Lights out and all you see is thousands of flashing lights due to everyone taking photo's.

38 games played and the first team in any major european league to end the season on 100 points, scoring 121 goals in those 38 games.

Record breakers!

Roy castle, get your trumpet out

Archived