IGNORED

Woolford

Lew-T

So a young kid is giving grief to a footballer on Twitter. People get offended so start a thread on a forum he's not a member of then gang up on him and give him grief on Twitter.

hmmmm

1 - He's 18 not 10

2 - how did anybody know he wasn't a member? (but he heard about it pretty quickly)

3 - They gave him the same treatment he gave to Woolford... and he doesn't give a s***!

So would you rather we do it the old way and send the boys around to 'have a word'? no 'spect no more.

No but how can people get all high and mighty about it then do something worse back.

I guess its just the usual response from this forum.

At no point did I resort to the personal abuse he was dishing out in others directions. He also needed setting straight that he cant "say what he likes on twitter" it could still land him in trouble.

This is the problem with social networks in a free country as long as the comments aren't racist or homophobic then people can sent abuse from the safety off a keyboard. Twitter is a great way of interacting with high(er) profile people and seeing them as normal people but there are some who abuse the media because they'll never be known for how good they are but are desperate to be noticed so resort to notoriety. I would of thought this young man would want to see Martyn Woolford rediscover the form he had when playing for S****horpe. After all if he's that bad then no ones going to be buying him. And to the originator of that tweet, although you are entitled to your opinion and the right to voice that opinion it does cast you as uneducated, ill mannered, attention seeking cretin, which I'm sure you're not really. So maybe an apology and a little more thought with your posts and tweets may go some way towards people actually taking notice of those opinions and not writing you off as a total moron.

Woolford is utter pony though....so lets not get away from Jake Motsons key message in all of this........the way he goes about it is wrong, but cant Woolford just defriend him or something gay like that and then he wont have to see said abuse.

sorry im not on twitter so dont understand, but if i was and a plank was giving me bucketloads, simple case of remove/delete

People have shouted at him being shit all season. Did you round the ground and tell all the naughty boys off, your being just as much as an internet warrior as him. Woolford knows he will get stick on Twitter just as much as he knows he might get it during a matchday.

Hardly the same issue. Im not putting any opinions I have out there in the public domain and being abusive. A chat in the pub with your mates about the merits or not of Woolford is very different to putting it on twitter for all and sundry to see. A very dangerous game being played.

The state of you lot. Stop being so f*cking precious. Woolford is a grown millionaire. He can handle it. Doesn't require a pack to tell the kid off.

Christ. Superfans to the rescue.

Now stop embarrassing yourselves more than he has.

A Millionaire?! What rubbish!

6k x 3 year plus signing on fee?

1. How do you know he is on 6k a week?

2. He's not going to keep that 6k every week and not spend a penny

3. How do you know he had a signing on fee and if so how much?

I do not think he is a millionaire, he's probably on a similar wage to alot of the squad and we aren't a squad full of millionaires.

1. How do you know he is on 6k a week?

2. He's not going to keep that 6k every week and not spend a penny

3. How do you know he had a signing on fee and if so how much?

I do not think he is a millionaire, he's probably on a similar wage to alot of the squad and we aren't a squad full of millionaires.

Wtf is this?

The state of you lot. Stop being so f*cking precious. Woolford is a grown millionaire. He can handle it. Doesn't require a pack to tell the kid off.

Christ. Superfans to the rescue.

Now stop embarrassing yourselves more than he has.

A name like randy marsh is embarrassing in itself..

You called him an idiot a **** and a child. Then pointed him in the direction of the forum where there was a thread about him being a fool.

But hey. I guess you didnt put that on public domain

Again a different issue, and not me abusing a footballer for my personal opinion of him.

I also wasn't the only one telling him to pack it in. Plus he was only too happy to dish the abuse out my way. Give and take, but at no point was I telling anyone they were shit at their job.

The guy is surely on seriously dodgy ground now!!!!!!!!

Old saying that describes a keyboard warrior to a 'T' I think...........

Nerves of Steel........Will of Iron........Knob of Butter.........

no more questions, Your Honour

Pure class - never heard that before :clap:

How is it a different issue.

Woolford was getting abuse, you took offence so you abused them back. Seems logical

The point is, he doesn't deserve the abuse he is getting. He's a city player at the end of the day and there are some fans abusing him which will only drag his confidence down. He was starting to look decent towards the end of the season so this is the last thing he needs. And we didn't abuse him, ( well I never ) we told him what he did was wrong. Surely there is nothing wrong with that?

6k x 3 year plus signing on fee?

Shhh. He mustn't be paying any tax with your calculations.

156 weeks at roughly 3k after tax is £468k take home.

Assuming he has no living costs or other outgoings over the 3 years he'll still need a large signing on fee.

Not sure he was terribly wealthy from Scunny?

Shhh. He mustn't be paying any tax with your calculations.

156 weeks at roughly 3k after tax is £468k take home.

Assuming he has no living costs or other outgoings over the 3 years he'll still need a large signing on fee.

Not sure he was terribly wealthy from Scunny?

I know most football clubs (well a few tbf) negotiate wages as figures after tax. So in my opinion it's highly likely City do the same, so I'd say our players wages are take home figures.

Anyway the initial point remains. People like Dolly need to stop being so precious and accept the fact some people will tell you your shit at something. Just be thankful its in written form not to your face. MW's holiday clearly hasn't been ruined so just let it pass and leave it. MW is big enough and ugly to deal with it by embarrassing the kid with a retweet.

I know most football clubs negotiate wages as figures after tax. So in my opinion it's highly likely City do the same, so I'd say our players wages are take home figures.

Ok, so say he earns £6,000p/w (which I think is more than what he would) for 3 years that's £936,000. Even with a very generous signing on fee of £100,000? that's just over £1 million.

Then he has mortgage, car (maybe x2), bills, insurance, clothing, hobbies, food, holidays, etc to pay for which must cost at least a half of that? Probably more if he has a really nice house.

Obviously he is not short of a few bob and paid very well for what he does, but to make it sound like he has millions lying around in bank accounts and finding £50 notes down the back of his sofa is a bit OTT.

Also, how much he earns does not excuse for anyone to abuse him regardless of how public his profile is.

Ok, so say he earns £6,000p/w (which I think is more than what he would) for 3 years that's £936,000. Even with a very generous signing on fee of £100,000? that's just over £1 million.

Then he has mortgage, car (maybe x2), bills, insurance, clothing, hobbies, food, holidays, etc to pay for which must cost at least a half of that? Probably more if he has a really nice house.

Obviously he is not short of a few bob and paid very well for what he does, but to make it sound like he has millions lying around in bank accounts and finding £50 notes down the back of his sofa is a bit OTT.

Also, how much he earns does not excuse for anyone to abuse him regardless of how public his profile is.

Seriously coukdnt give a ****. I could remove the word millionaire and the point remains. **** me.

I know most football clubs (well a few tbf) negotiate wages as figures after tax. So in my opinion it's highly likely City do the same, so I'd say our players wages are take home figures.

Anyway the initial point remains. People like Dolly need to stop being so precious and accept the fact some people will tell you your shit at something. Just be thankful its in written form not to your face. MW's holiday clearly hasn't been ruined so just let it pass and leave it. MW is big enough and ugly to deal with it by embarrassing the kid with a retweet.

Quite a few don't.

It saves them money when it comes to foreign players.

Arsharvin thought he was going to get more at Arsenal than he was in Russia, came over then found out how ridiculously high the tax is and ended up earning less.

Because as I said, I wasn't telling someone they were shit at their job

Difference is i dont have 10,000 people paying £20-£30 a pop to watch me be shit at my job.....For the record he is shit at his job, he marginally improved towards the end of the season, but is still devoid of any spark or life....sometimes just feel like getting hold of that blond mess and shaking some life into him

Archived