IGNORED

Fans Spared Prison

bs3

Well there you go, summed up exactly what I said. Doesn't matter the history, you make your choice if you want to smack some one you do. If you follow the herd because that is what happens and has always happened, then quite frankly you are q sheep like idiot.

Drop your bollocks in wasp nest and wave them about they will get stung forget any sheep telling you different.

now you said that, not me. but yeah, thump the twa#.

And that, to go back to the original post, is precisiely why we're not in a position to "redress the balance".

The flood of anti City comments come from people who, like the vast majority of people, and the law, believe that it's wrong to thump someone else at a football match. It's quite evident from this site that there are plenty of City fans who think it's OK - and not only that it's OK but that it's something to look back on with pride and nostalgia.

Unfortunately, yes anyone with common sense would know if you go and sit in the home end and cheer the away teams goals you will probably take a beating. That however says a lot about the mentality of football supporters and doesnt make it acceptable, nor the correct course of action to take.

The problem isnt that this prat decided to enter the home end and wind up fans, its that those Neanderthal fans didnt know how to deal with the situation without resorting to violence.

Unfortunately, yes anyone with common sense would know if you go and sit in the home end and cheer the away teams goals you will probably take a beating. That however says a lot about the mentality of football supporters and doesnt make it acceptable, nor the correct course of action to take.

The problem isnt that this prat decided to enter the home end and wind up fans, its that those Neanderthal fans didnt know how to deal with the situation without resorting to violence.

So what happened at Walsall a few seasons back when those bast#ards from the west midlands so called police force enjoyed themselves by wacking any City supporter (even with kids) for trying to support their team.

Lead by example!

i have watched City from the home end at away games on many occasions, sometimes because i have friends who support the home team and sometimes because the away end has sold out. every time i have done this, without fail, i have shut my mouth and not celebrated a goal that city score, if i had, i would have expected more than a slap and if it did happen, i wouldn't run off crying to the police making statements or pressing charges as it would have been my fault. if i went to any random Welsh town with a t-shirt saying sheep sh@ggers i would get a slap, and if i went to the police what would they do? say i deserved it of course. This should not have even gone to court, the Leeds fan should have been given a 3 year football ban for provoking disorder and then the case should have been closed.

i have watched City from the home end at away games on many occasions, sometimes because i have friends who support the home team and sometimes because the away end has sold out. every time i have done this, without fail, i have shut my mouth and not celebrated a goal that city score, if i had, i would have expected more than a slap and if it did happen, i wouldn't run off crying to the police making statements or pressing charges as it would have been my fault. if i went to any random Welsh town with a t-shirt saying sheep sh@ggers i would get a slap, and if i went to the police what would they do? say i deserved it of course. This should not have even gone to court, the Leeds fan should have been given a 3 year football ban for provoking disorder and then the case should have been closed.

So if I were to bring my 17 year old nephew to city versus Brighton next year (he is a Brighton fan), and he let out a yes as they score, but kind of forgot where he was because he was with me, a city fan, in the city end. Would it be acceptable for someone to hit him? Or would he get away with it because he was awith a city fan.

If people cannot control their emotions in public, to the extent the only way they can deal with their emotions is to hit someone, they shouldn't be let out.

people can say it is different at football until they are blue in the face. The fact of the matter it is no different from someone belting you in the street for saying something you disagree with, even if he wasn't even talking to you.

You should not expect to be smacked, just because your opinion is different to someone elses. Just because you are in a footie stadium, does not suddenly majke it okay and acceptable

So if I were to bring my 17 year old nephew to city versus Brighton next year (he is a Brighton fan), and he let out a yes as they score, but kind of forgot where he was because he was with me, a city fan, in the city end. Would it be acceptable for someone to hit him? Or would he get away with it because he was awith a city fan.

If people cannot control their emotions in public, to the extent the only way they can deal with their emotions is to hit someone, they shouldn't be let out.

people can say it is different at football until they are blue in the face. The fact of the matter it is no different from someone belting you in the street for saying something you disagree with, even if he wasn't even talking to you.

You should not expect to be smacked, just because your opinion is different to someone elses. Just because you are in a footie stadium, does not suddenly majke it okay and acceptable

Maybe its a class thing , but if fools go around goading people expect to get hit and get no sympathy.

No, it wouldn't be acceptable, where in my post am i saying its acceptable behaviour? but, would it be expected if someone were to hit him? yes, it wouldn't be a shock if someone did hit him would it?

So what happened at Walsall a few seasons back when those bast#ards from the west midlands so called police force enjoyed themselves by wacking any City supporter (even with kids) for trying to support their team.

Lead by example!

Be fair. At least the West Midlands Serious Crime Squad lived up to its name...

No, it wouldn't be acceptable, where in my post am i saying its acceptable behaviour? but, would it be expected if someone were to hit him? yes, it wouldn't be a shock if someone did hit him would it?

It seems it would be expected, but why should it be accepted? Then waved off with a that's what happens, that is what has always happened type argument.

It is laughable in all honesty, its the kind of behaviour you find from young pissed up lads on a Friday night, not 30-50 year olds who are presumably sober, who have zero mitigating circumstances for not being able to control their fists.

If it was a 5 year old kid, he would be scolded and get any nice things taken away until the lesson was learnt.

It seems it would be expected, but why should it be accepted? Then waved off with a that's what happens, that is what has always happened type argument.

It is laughable in all honesty, its the kind of behaviour you find from young pissed up lads on a Friday night, not 30-50 year olds who are presumably sober, who have zero mitigating circumstances for not being able to control their fists.

If it was a 5 year old kid, he would be scolded and get any nice things taken away until the lesson was learnt.

I've been at the home end at Millwall in the 70's without any trouble. Mind you, I didn't wear the colours and I did keep my mouth shut as we won 2-0. Clive Whitehead :worship2: on his debut - two goals against 'arry Cripps.

The thing is, rightly or wrongly things are completley different in a football ground.

Emotions run VERY high.

People do things they wouldn't do anywhere else, it's a fact,its always happened and always will.

What's footie?

Is that something you do while eating a

3792351080_5686683de5.jpg

think-of-the-children.jpg

What's footie?

Is that something you do while eating a

3792351080_5686683de5.jpg

think-of-the-children.jpg

I see what you did there, good attempt. Hope you didn't spend too much time googling for pics though, not sure it would have been worth the effort

But if your nephew started goading and trying to indimidate fans around him and trying to provoke trouble , yes he would deserve a slap.

I do think this is a class issue , its the middle classes trying to impose their values on the working class. The Leeds fans deserved a slap I have and I have no moral problem with that . So you need to accept that other people see life different to you.

But if your nephew started goading and trying to indimidate fans around him and trying to provoke trouble , yes he would deserve a slap.

I do think this is a class issue , its the middle classes trying to impose their values on the working class. The Leeds fans deserved a slap I have and I have no moral problem with that . So you need to accept that other people see life different to you.

Not so sure, I come from working class, just I was bought up to not resolve things with my fists, unless I was going to get hit.

I also am not particularly fond of pain :)

I accept people have different views, I just think in this particular case, I.e. hitting someone because of some chanting about a FOOTBALL (for kev) team, is hard to justify, and will never understand it.

Oh just to add to this class issue thing, I know 2 self styled Hoolies, a west ham supporter and a pne supporter, neither are remotely working class, one comes from a history of bankers, including himself, the other is a chemist, his family are lecturers. The both do it because it gives them a buzz.

Now I am friends with them, but I've let both of them know they are morons from my point of view. They just laugh it off and say try it before you dismiss it.

I'd rather have my teeth and unsore knuckles to be honest.

Oh just to add to this class issue thing, I know 2 self styled Hoolies, a west ham supporter and a pne supporter, neither are remotely working class, one comes from a history of bankers, including himself, the other is a chemist, his family are lecturers. The both do it because it gives them a buzz.

Now I am friends with them, but I've let both of them know they are morons from my point of view. They just laugh it off and say try it before you dismiss it.

I'd rather have my teeth and unsore knuckles to be honest.

This is not about self style hooligans who can come from any class which I take you point .

This incident was about some taking liberties and showing no respect , you can't have people taking the "piss" that's why I think it was justified that the Leeds fan need a slap.

Simple there is a reason for home and away ends. Leeds fans were warned weeks before not to take the p!ss in the home ends- if the bloke wasn't there (or just kept his mouth shut) there would have been no problem. Muppet deserves what he got, like many have said if this was a Friday night in town nothing would have been taken any further.

Archived