IGNORED

Fans Spared Prison

bs3

Just as a postscript - this ended up right in front of where me and my boy sit in Dolman B (we are clearly visible on the cctv). I spent most of my time trying to stop the old fella in front of me getting decked by the guys trying to get to teh Leeds fan. My son was in tears for the rest of the game. He spent most of the season asking me before every game whether there would be opposition fans in our area and if so how many and did not want to renew his season ticket. In short what happened seriously put him off City. Thankfully I persuaded him to renew - but when we play 'big' teams with a history of violence I suspect he will want to sit it out at home.

A question.

It states on our tickets that certain areas are 'strictly home fans only'. Doesn't that mean that the Leeds supporter was committing an offence by being in the home stands in the first place? Wether or not he deserved a beating is neither here nor there but surely he should have been charged with something for disregarding the club rules? Incitement maybe?

A question.

It states on our tickets that certain areas are 'strictly home fans only'. Doesn't that mean that the Leeds supporter was committing an offence by being in the home stands in the first place? Wether or not he deserved a beating is neither here nor there but surely he should have been charged with something for disregarding the club rules? Incitement maybe?

Dunno, does it state that on the Web site when buying them? can't say I have ever noticed

Dunno, does it state that on the Web site when buying them? can't say I have ever noticed

Just had a quick look and apart from the 'home' and 'away' links, I couldn't see anything saying it's an offence to be a visitor in the home stands. Maybe the club need to look at that as I'm pretty sure it says it on the tickets.

Like alot of supporters, I have been in the home stands at away games and just wondered if it is actually a criminal offence to do it?

A question.

Not all club rules are backed up by Legal Law.............the infringment of a club rule mainly means they can eject you if they wish...which funny enough was exactly what the stewards were doing with the Leeds fan .....

Sometimes the mentality of some of our fans amazes me.....I was in Block A right next to the incident and that day I saw mature men (whom, although I did not know, had seen watching city over many years) just loose any sense of dignity or respect for a fellow human being ...and why?...............because he supported the "other" team...wow what a crime

Just had a quick look and apart from the 'home' and 'away' links, I couldn't see anything saying it's an offence to be a visitor in the home stands. Maybe the club need to look at that as I'm pretty sure it says it on the tickets.

Like alot of supporters, I have been in the home stands at away games and just wondered if it is actually a criminal offence to do it?

Well that is interesting. So if it is an offence, it is not stated at point of sale, so when you pick the tickets up or they arrive, you have effectively bought a useless product.

I, like you, think that may need looking at.

Not all club rules are backed up by Legal Law.............the infringment of a club rule mainly means they can eject you if they wish...which funny enough was exactly what the stewards were doing with the Leeds fan .....

Sometimes the mentality of some of our fans amazes me.....I was in Block A right next to the incident and that day I saw mature men (whom, although I did not know, had seen watching city over many years) just loose any sense of dignity or respect for a fellow human being ...and why?...............because he supported the "other" team...wow what a crime

I agree. A couple of mates and myself were in the back row of B block and watched the events unfold. We likened it to meerkats. Every now and again, people would be up, looking around for visiting supporters. Now, I don't condone what happened but we must remember how this forum (and the Leeds one for that matter) were just before the match. It was built up as loads of Leeds fans in home stands. Maybe, on this occasion, the various forums didn't help the matter?

Well that is interesting. So if it is an offence, it is not stated at point of sale, so when you pick the tickets up or they arrive, you have effectively bought a useless product.

That's pretty much how I see it TRL but do we commit a criminal offence if we do it elsewhere? As mentioned above, club laws are not necessarily supported by civil or criminal law. I genuinely don't know the answer TBH.

They were told when they purchased tickets over the phone it was a home supporters stand and still got them as so say could not get tickets into away section .

also as you enter dolman entrance there are sighns up stating ground rules and regulations and away fans should be allowcated in away section only(section 7 of ground rules i think) only know this from bcfc police officer statement at the trial.(no im not one of the ones who was charged but was in public gallery).

They were told when they purchased tickets over the phone it was a home supporters stand and still got them as so say could not get tickets into away section .

also as you enter dolman entrance there are sighns up stating ground rules and regulations and away fans should be allowcated in away section only(section 7 of ground rules i think) only know this from bcfc police officer statement at the trial.(no im not one of the ones who was charged but was in public gallery).

That's all fair enough.

We were talking about online sales, which seem to have no warning. Hence point of sale not warning you.

I guess if you are a regular you may know, but if you only go very occasionally, you won't know until you either get the tickets in the post, or pick them up on the day.

Either way, some sort of warning is needed.

Do not see this as rocket science.

I have been in many many 'away' ends, now and again with a friend who supports the team we are playing.

I understand the rules enough to know that in those cases, I am quiet about it, and enjoy the game as best I can. I do not wear colours, or jump up and down.

If I did, I would, at the very best, expect staff to move me on. At the very best.

If a Leeds fan was pushing their luck, they should not of course have been hit. They should certainly have been removed. However, neither me, or I suspect they, are surprised by the reaction they got.

Must be weird in your world if you condone hitting oposition supporters and the Stewards of your own club. I know which world I would rather be in.

Hat if comfy thanks, it's a good fit.

Where did i say i condoned hitting opposition supporters or stewards, i did not. Still Mr perfect you need to get out more, posting on here at 6 40 in the morning,oh dear.

Where did i say i condoned hitting opposition supporters or stewards, i did not. Still Mr perfect you need to get out more, posting on here at 6 40 in the morning,oh dear.

That is the board that is screwy, not me, I'm in the middle of my commute to work at that time in the morning.

Earliest I may post is 7.30 when I get to work.

But thanks for being so anal to shoot me down over some small thing.

Hats off to you.

Edit your what was your original statement supposed to mean then, other than to disagree and poke fun?

I've been in the home ends a few times when City have been away. Everytime you just stay quiet and dont wear colours. The other year at cardiff going 2-0 up was had to sit there and not make a sound. Although Cardiff ain't the most intimidating place to sit in a home end that honour goes to Millwall.

When you do go in the home ends you know to be quiet, don't wear colours. Even the most stupid of people should know that, like that Leeds fan, if he's been to a few games as one of the articles i read ages ago said, he should no better than to wear colours and antagonise a crowd of home fans. You just sit down, shut up or you might get a smack or 2 for sitting there (rightly or wrongly) if you start making noises.

I've been in the home ends a few times when City have been away. Everytime you just stay quiet and dont wear colours. The other year at cardiff going 2-0 up was had to sit there and not make a sound. Although Cardiff ain't the most intimidating place to sit in a home end that honour goes to Millwall.

When you do go in the home ends you know to be quiet, don't wear colours. Even the most stupid of people should know that, like that Leeds fan, if he's been to a few games as one of the articles i read ages ago said, he should no better than to wear colours and antagonise a crowd of home fans. You just sit down, shut up or you might get a smack or 2 for sitting there (rightly or wrongly) if you start making noises.

Eactly right, and whilst I understand David Lloyd's comments in his latest blog, he would do well to remember that the club has duty of care in ensuring that the ground is properly segregated. Segregation is in place in every single football league ground for a very good reason. Until we live in Utopia it will remain that way.

doesn't matter if he was a football fan or not or if he deserved a "slap" or not the so called city fans commited assault which in this country is punishable in a court of law,

The fact it happened at a football ground is prob the only reason they are not faceing a few weeks behind bars,

I'm glad they can't attend any matches for 3 and 4 years the leeds fan should also face a stadium ban as well

Archived