IGNORED

England Vs Norway Match Thread

Ian M

We have the best fans in the world.. everywhere we go as the away team we are still much louder than the home side.

England fans did boo the team at the World Cup remember. Whether people feel they deserved it or not, I don't think booing a team at a World Cup is ever going to help their confidence (which was a clear issue at the time).

I'd say England have one of the best followings, but I'm not sure I'd say we have the best supporters.

England fans did boo the team at the World Cup remember. Whether people feel they deserved it or not, I don't think booing a team at a World Cup is ever going to help their confidence (which was a clear issue at the time).

I'd say England have one of the best followings, but I'm not sure I'd say we have the best supporters.

Booing was down to frustration at the teams so said lack of effort and desire. I disagree with booing aswell but we always turn out well make alot of noise.

Booing was down to frustration at the teams so said lack of effort and desire. I disagree with booing aswell but we always turn out well make alot of noise.

Definitely agree that we always turn out well. That England band annoys the brown stuff out of me though!

Too many 2nd and 3rd rate players in the England squad, very little quality, Downing is dreadful as is Milner and if Green is the best number 2 we have my god we are in trouble and Gerrard looks very heavy legged a yard off the pace, past his sell by date perhaps?.

Gerrard is still top class. Downing is pretty poor and atleast we have one of the worlds best goalkeepers in Joe Hart as our number 1.

What game are you watching?, Gerrard is giving the ball away constantly, a yard off of the pace and should have at least been booked.

He's not past it based on this game alone, he's a top player. Not quite the same for England but hopefully now he's the first-choice skipper he will turn up and produce the form he has for his club.

He's not past it based on this game alone, he's a top player. Not quite the same for England but hopefully now he's the first-choice skipper he will turn up and produce the form he has for his club.

Firstly it was a question, the question mark was the clue. Yes Gerrard can be a top player but has not had a great season for his club and he really does look heavy legged, which does not augur well for the tournament, I suspect he will be off at half time.

Firstly it was a question, the question mark was the clue. Yes Gerrard can be a top player but has not had a great season for his club and he really does look heavy legged, which does not augur well for the tournament, I suspect he will be off at half time.

He's gone off and rightly so. We need him fresh as possible for the tournament.

Cant risk any injures, especially to the skipper.

Difficult to read too much in to a half arsed friendly against moderate opposition - been average to ok at times, giving the ball away to cheaply at times.

Not a classic.

Also with some players playing that hopefully won't be first choice in Ukraine & Poland.

Green, Downing, Carroll and Barry & Henderson coming on.

When you look at the other results tonight, we are doing quite well.

Holland lose at home to Bulgaria, Portugual drew at home to Macedonia and Germany lost 5-3 Switzerland.

Exactly why you can never read much into these games. Especially when our starting line-up will be very different on June 11th.

When you look at the other results tonight, we are doing quite well.

Holland lose at home to Bulgaria, Portugual drew at home to Macedonia and Germany lost 5-3 Switzerland.

Exactly why you can never read much into these games. Especially when our starting line-up will be very different on June 11th.

Exactly. The good thing about Germany is that the majority of their best players play for Bayern who obviously recentley lost on pens to Chelsea and haven't won a trophy this year. Spain are without Puyol and Villa whilst Torres is out of form. France are 18 unbeaten and are my favorites to win it.

Really looking forward to watching us play Belgium.

Belgium are going to be one of the best teams in Europe in the next couple of years with their young talents.

Keepers:

Thibaut Courtois - 20 - Chelsea/Atletico Madrid - Going to be world class and has won Europa League

Simon Mignolet - 23 - Sunderland - Great shot stopper

Defenders:

Toby Alderweild - 23 - Ajax - Good ball playing centre half

Jan Vertonghen - 25 - Ajax - Clever defender who can also play in the holding midfield role

Thomas Vermalean - 26 - Arsenal - Quality centre half

Vincent Kompany - 26 - Man City - World class and a leader of men

Dedryck Boyata - Man City - Young but has potential

Midfielders:

Marouane Fellaini - 24 - Everton - Solid box to box midfielder who is brilliant in the air

Axel Witsel - 23 - Benfica - Playmaker who has a few tricks

Dries Martens - 25 - PSV - Goalscoring winger who scored 21 in 33 games this season

Steven Defour - 24 - Porto - Centre midfielder who can pass, tackle and score goals. Sir Alex Ferguson is a known admirer

Nacer Chadli - 22 - Twente - Tricky winger

Moussa Dembele - 24 - Fulham - Second striker who has had a very good season for Fulham

Kevin De Bruyne - 20 - Chelsea - New signing from Genk but dubbed to be a real prospect

Eden Hazard - 21 - Lille - World class, scored 17 and assisted 17 this season from the wing.

Strikers:

Jelle Vossen - 23 - Genk - 47 in 102 goals for Genk

Romelu Lukaku - 19 - Chelsea - Powerhouse who when given time at Chelsea will be their new Drogba type player.

Let's face it , it's a very poor England team with poor quality players .

Did Stewart Downing win a mars bar competion to play for England.

I' m a fan of Gerrard but he is very much past his prime and he is our best player!

The quality of players are not coming through , I think we will be poor for the next few years.

Archived