IGNORED

England Vs Norway Match Thread

Ian M

I think this is a taste of what it is going to be under Hodgson fairly boring football.

That is what it has been like for the past 4 years, when you have average players to pick from.

England have very few players who can play at international level, they might look good for their clubs when they have better players around them but they don't have that luxury for England.

Let's face it , it's a very poor England team with poor quality players .

Did Stewart Downing win a mars bar competion to play for England.

I' m a fan of Gerrard but he is very much past his prime and he is our best player!

The quality of players are not coming through , I think we will be poor for the next few years.

May I remind you of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Hart, Walker, Richards, Welbeck, Phil Jones, Powell, Gibbs and a few others. They all need to improve but they are all very talented young players.

That is what it has been like for the past 4 years, when you have average players to pick from.

England have very few players who can play at international level, they might look good for their clubs when they have better players around them but they don't have that luxury for England.

indeed 4 players in the squad and 2 in the standby squad from Liverpool just about says it all really, the 8th best team in the country.

May I remind you of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Wilshere, Hart, Walker, Richards, Welbeck, Phil Jones, Powell, Gibbs and a few others. They all need to improve but they are all very talented young players.

Yes you right the future bright for England . The above players are all very average apart from Wilkshire who is very injury prone and will he be the same player when / if he ever plays again .

Yes you right the future bright for England . The above players are all very average apart from Wilkshire who is very injury prone and will he be the same player when / if he ever plays again .

Hart is one of the worlds best keepers, Chamberlain is very talented, Wilshere isn't injury prone.. he's just had a very bad injury this season. Walker and Richards are very good right-backs.

Hart is one of the worlds best keepers, Chamberlain is very talented, Wilshere isn't injury prone.. he's just had a very bad injury this season. Walker and Richards are very good right-backs.

I agree with your opinion of Hart but the rest of them , average .

Poor game.

We lacked urgency, passion etc which is to be expected. The inability to pass is not at that level.

Thought the back line was ok, and concentrated all night, looking fairly solid, against it must be said a workmanlike team at best.

Not reading anything into it really. Friendlies nowadays are more like training matches. Will have a completely different feel and tempo when kick off in the Euros. Still not expecting much mind!

He's not past it based on this game alone, he's a top player. Not quite the same for England but hopefully now he's the first-choice skipper he will turn up and produce the form he has for his club.

Gerrard was past it international'y 7-8 years ago. It beggars belief that he's captain of a team hes failed so many times.

He's not past it based on this game alone, he's a top player. Not quite the same for England but hopefully now he's the first-choice skipper he will turn up and produce the form he has for his club.

Gerrard has not been worth a place in the side for several years. Far too many over ambitious passes and constantly giving the ball away which you simply can't afford to do in international football. As far as i'm concerned he is a liability, shouldn't be in the starting line-up, let alone captain.

Gerrard has not been worth a place in the side for several years. Far too many over ambitious passes and constantly giving the ball away which you simply can't afford to do in international football. As far as i'm concerned he is a liability, shouldn't be in the starting line-up, let alone captain.

I've been saying this for years mate,I agree with everything you say. International football is all about keeping the ball, the exact thing Gerrard can't do.

It's not just about Gerrard not keeping the ball. Maybe it is because he has very little options when on the ball?

But it is about Gerrard keeping the ball, that's the idea of the game.....

His options are usually 5-10 yards away from him, but he wants to bang the ball 60-70 yards.

It's no coincidence that Liverpool and England's midfield has been poor for years.

Even Liverpool fans are now saying there a better footballing side when he doesn't play.

But it is about Gerrard keeping the ball, that's the idea of the game.....

His options are usually 5-10 yards away from him, but he wants to bang the ball 60-70 yards.

It's no coincidence that Liverpool and England's midfield has been poor for years.

Even Liverpool fans are now saying there a better footballing side when he doesn't play.

Liverpools midfield been poor for years? They had Mascherano, Gerrard and Alonso in their midfield not so long ago.

Liverpools midfield been poor for years? They had Mascherano, Gerrard and Alonso in their midfield not so long ago.

We're talking about Gerrard aren't we??

Alonso and Mascherano carried him.

Liverpools record over the last few years speaks for its self, poor.

Compared to the Liverpool sides of the past there actually very poor.

You carry on doting over him fella, I know what I see!

Archived