IGNORED

Jordan Henderson

Lew-T

I actually think Henderson is a talented player who was thrust into a pretty awful situation at Liverpool this season and hasn't reacted well. Taking him out of that environment for a few weeks may help. It's a shame really because if Wilshere and Rodwell were fit this probably wouldn't be an issue

Oh just seen this 'Manager Roy Hodgson is able to make injury-enforced changes before England's first game of the tournament against France on 11 June.

Rule 17.05 of Uefa's regulations for Euro 2012 states:

"In the event of serious injury to a listed player before his team's first match in the final tournament, the player in question may be substituted only if a doctor from the Uefa Medical Committee and the team doctor concerned both confirm that the injury is sufficiently serious to prevent the player from taking part."'

Only if we Paul Scholes! :(

Nah, he has to be using this tournament for young players with the view to the next world cup. I would rather Henderson, if he really thinks he has the talent to progress than Scholes. There is judt no point, we are not going to win the tournament, so why look back.

I see he has signed a new 1 year deal at Man U. Looks Like fergie has struggled badly since his golden generation of players have started retiring, surely he can get the players in to replace Scholes and Giggs? It would seem that he just never gets it right when splashing out cash on central midfielders in recent years.

Nah, he has to be using this tournament for young players with the view to the next world cup. I would rather Henderson, if he really thinks he has the talent to progress than Scholes. There is judt no point, we are not going to win the tournament, so why look back.

I see he has signed a new 1 year deal at Man U. Looks Like fergie has struggled badly since his golden generation of players have started retiring, surely he can get the players in to replace Scholes and Giggs? It would seem that he just never gets it right when splashing out cash on central midfielders in recent years.

Henderson would ruin our chances of getting to the semi's if he starts. Really do not rate him whatsoever.

Henderson would ruin our chances of getting to the semi's if he starts. Really do not rate him whatsoever.

Please don't say Semis

We will be lucky to get out of the group, even with a fully fit England squad

Henderson will not make one iota of difference to where we end up in this tournament

Please don't say Semis

We will be lucky to get out of the group, even with a fully fit England squad

Henderson will not make one iota of difference to where we end up in this tournament

I think we'll get out of the group. I think we will beat Sweden and then Rooney will be back for Ukraine so we should win that.

Then we'd only have to win 2 games to be in the semi-finals which isn't impossible depending on who we draw. I think Quarters or Semi's would be a successful tournament.

I think we'll get out of the group. I think we will beat Sweden and then Rooney will be back for Ukraine so we should win that.

Then we'd only have to win 2 games to be in the semi-finals which isn't impossible depending on who we draw. I think Quarters or Semi's would be a successful tournament.

Apart from our last win against Sweden, we have a woeful record against them

Ukraine, well they are the home side, it is never easy against the home side with a passionate crowd behind them, and they are no mugs on a football pitch.

At best I see us beating a dodgy France side, drawing with Sweden and losing to Ukraine. 4 points maybe enough I guess

If we beat Sweden and Ukraine, we would only come 2nd in group, which means we are highly likely to have Spain in the QF's.

We need to win the group, which will mean facing prob Italy, again winable.

Apart from our last win against Sweden, we have a woeful record against them

Ukraine, well they are the home side, it is never easy against the home side with a passionate crowd behind them, and they are no mugs on a football pitch.

At best I see us beating a dodgy France side, drawing with Sweden and losing to Ukraine. 4 points maybe enough I guess

Dodgy France side? They are in form team in International football, unbeaten in 19. I think they will win it.

Dodgy France side? They are in form team in International football, unbeaten in 19. I think they will win it.

They are just as likely to implode, that is why i say dodgey. There is something missing in their mentality from the great teams with Zidane et al

If we got to the quarters, then that itself would be an achievement. The trouble is with this country is that the expectation is too high, we are a decent side but that's it I'm afraid. Anything else will be a bonus

If we got to the quarters, then that itself would be an achievement. The trouble is with this country is that the expectation is too high, we are a decent side but that's it I'm afraid. Anything else will be a bonus

Getting out of the group is on the cards, I think Quarter finals would be good.

Under Laurent Blanc they are a differant animal.

I just think there is something missing there.

Their run of wins and draws is good, but some of the results, on paper do not look great.

Either way, you don't get easy games at the Euros.

Any team that makes it out of any group will have done well

No, there is 16 teams in the tournament. 2 qualify from each group meaning there will be 8 teams left = quarters.

Think this heat is getting to me.. I'm going to take a lye down and listen to the Arctic Monkeys!

If you look where Henderson played for Sunderland it was mainly in the centre of midfield. When Kenny brought him it looked like he tried to convert him into a winger.

For most of the season he's played on the wing which is clearly not his favoured position. When he moved into the centre of midfield towards the end of the season as cover for Lucas/Adam he played infinitely better IMO.

I'm not saying he's the finished article yet, because he definitely isn't. But, given the opportunity I'm sure he'll develop into a great player. I think Liverpool should maybe send him out on loan if they do bring in other "world class" players who play in that position to get him some game time next season.

As for taking him to the Euros, well, questionable.

Paul Scholes would have been good.

Now dont get me wrong, I really do not rate Henderson at all. Although it his not his fault a club was prepared to pay way way over the odds for a young english player. Shock.

But who else was there to put on standby in that position with all the injuries we have and obviously Carrick declining to be on standby!?

Like I said, I don't rate Henderson at all, nowhere near good enough but I think Roy's hands were tied with this one. Even if he does make the squad, he won't ever start and will still be behind Gerrard, Parker, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain and possibly even Jones would be used there ahead of him. One can only hope it will benefit Henderson from the experience of going to a major tournament.

Archived