IGNORED

Jordan Henderson

Lew-T

Half of those will be no marks heading down the leagues in one or two years. There are one or two that stand out as having the necessary talent for a international future, A lot will be alsorans

Have you watched all of them? Players such as:

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Nathan Redmond

Jack Wilshere

Josh McEachran

Ross Barkley

Eric Dier

Nathaniel Chalobah

Jack Robinson

Kyle Walker

Jack Butland

These are all massive talents. Apart from the 4 defenders and 1 goalkeeper, they all have something previous players lack, technical ability aswell as other attributes.

his goal return (welbeck) for the chances United create doesn't look up to much to me. It is not as if he is up and coming anymore, he has been out on loan and sniiffing around the first team since 08. Rooney is only 3 years older, Welbeck had better improve quick smartish.

Rooney is 5 years older than Welbeck.

Welbeck is only 21.

I've watched international football for aslong as I can remember.

There is a slight differance in style between International and club football but you seem to think there is a huge difference and they are chalk and cheese.

I don't think there's a huge difference i know there is. Tournement International football is totally different from any other kind of Football.

Your trying to make out you understand it but you don't.

I don't think there's a huge difference i know there is. Tournement International football is totally different from any other kind of Football.

Your trying to make out you understand it but you don't.

How is there such a differance? I know the game is played at a slower pace and involves patience but it's not as differant as you make out.

The top nations play the same formations as the top club sides. Spain play like Barcelona, Germany play like Bayern, Holland play a system similar to Madrid and England play like Accrington Stanley.

his goal return (welbeck) for the chances United create doesn't look up to much to me. It is not as if he is up and coming anymore, he has been out on loan and sniiffing around the first team since 08. Rooney is only 3 years older, Welbeck had better improve quick smartish.

I agree, infront of goal he really needs to improve if he is going to stay a regular player at United. In fact apart from Bent and Defoe (who both have poor all round games) we are really lacking anybody up front who you would back to score that gilt-edged chance that so often decides a close game at international level. I think Bent's injury has been largely overlooked and would be more confident of us actually having a decent tournament if he was on that plane to the Ukraine.

Have you watched all of them? Players such as:

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Nathan Redmond

Jack Wilshere

Josh McEachran

Ross Barkley

Eric Dier

Nathaniel Chalobah

Jack Robinson

Kyle Walker

Jack Butland

These are all massive talents. Apart from the 4 defenders and 1 goalkeeper, they all have something previous players lack, technical ability aswell as other attributes.

Its all well and good doing it in the stiffs and out on loan. I admit I haven't sen them all play. But if you bring back that list in 3 years time, I bet a fair few of them are in the lower leagues, only a handful will be anywhere near the England setup.

Its all well and good doing it in the stiffs and out on loan. I admit I haven't sen them all play. But if you bring back that list in 3 years time, I bet a fair few of them are in the lower leagues, only a handful will be anywhere near the England setup.

All I am saying is atleast we are still producing potential. Countries like Italy are now struggling to produce gifted 18 year olds.

Our young players are slowly becoming more technically gifted.

Rooney is 5 years older than Welbeck.

Welbeck is only 21.

Waahhh where have the years gone! I thought he was pushing 25, Still stand by what I said, he should have done more with his career seeing he has been pushing on the first team door since 2008

Waahhh where have the years gone! I thought he was pushing 25, Still stand by what I said, he should have done more with his career seeing he has been pushing on the first team door since 2008

It is mad to think Rooney is 27 this year.

Welbeck in all fairness did rather well on loan at Sunderland and now pundits (including Dwight Yorke) are seeing alot of similarities between Rooney and Welbeck as there was with Yorke and Cole.

How is there such a differance? I know the game is played at a slower pace and involves patience but it's not as differant as you make out.

The top nations play the same formations as the top club sides. Spain play like Barcelona, Germany play like Bayern, Holland play a system similar to Madrid and England play like Accrington Stanley.

Crikey fella, 5 or 6 games in 20 days, summer heat,limited to squad players,playing with injuries. Yellow and red cards meaning suspensions with limited squads.Living in hotels etcetc.

I could go on but you seem to know everything anyway, so I'm off to bed.

It is mad to think Rooney is 27 this year.

Welbeck in all fairness did rather well on loan at Sunderland and now pundits (including Dwight Yorke) are seeing alot of similarities between Rooney and Welbeck as there was with Yorke and Cole.

He needs to add more goals to a game, he reminds me a little like Adebayor, with worse finishing. He isn't bad in the air. We need someone with the technical ability, but more importantly world class finishing. As yet I haven't seen us produce a striker like that in a long time.

I agree, infront of goal he really needs to improve if he is going to stay a regular player at United. In fact apart from Bent and Defoe (who both have poor all round games) we are really lacking anybody up front who you would back to score that gilt-edged chance that so often decides a close game at international level. I think Bent's injury has been largely overlooked and would be more confident of us actually having a decent tournament if he was on that plane to the Ukraine.

I would have loved a fit bent to have gone. Just the type if finisher we are missing. I can't see much coming up through the youth ranks that I feel will improve us in the goal scoring stakes, that is worrying

Crikey fella, 5 or 6 games in 20 days, summer heat,limited to squad players,playing with injuries. Yellow and red cards meaning suspensions with limited squads.Living in hotels etcetc.

I could go on but you seem to know everything anyway, so I'm off to bed.

These are hardly big differences. 5 or 6 games in 20 days? They play that at club football towards the end of the season. Internationals and club games are both played in heat and rain.

Living in hotels doesn't exactly change much on the pitch.

He needs to add more goals to a game, he reminds me a little like Adebayor, with worse finishing. He isn't bad in the air. We need someone with the technical ability, but more importantly world class finishing. As yet I haven't seen us produce a striker like that in a long time.

He is similar to Adebayor and Kanu. I think our best young finisher is Sturridge.

He is similar to Adebayor and Kanu. I think our best young finisher is Sturridge.

I would agree with that, but he seriously need to improve his composure, Unfortunately, this is something you can only teach to a certain limit. He is not a natural finisher. That is what we are really missing as a nation. A technically gifted player with the natural Rush/Fowler type ability to role the ball home

These are hardly big differences. 5 or 6 games in 20 days? They play that at club football towards the end of the season. Internationals and club games are both played in heat and rain.

It's not club football though is it.

It's a knockout international tournement in a short space of time and as I keep saying its different from all other football that these players play.

But hey ho, you know best.

Don't underestimate the impact of the small factors such as living in hotels. You get the small things right in tournament football, as in any kind, and it can make the difference between winning the thing and going out in the group stages.

Don't underestimate the impact of the small factors such as living in hotels. You get the small things right in tournament football, as in any kind, and it can make the difference between winning the thing and going out in the group stages.

Spot on , boredom etc can play a massive part.

Jordan is only 18 though and is still wet behind the ears when it comes to watching England in tournaments. Give it 20 years and he'll be as cinical as the rest of us.

Spot on , boredom etc can play a massive part.

Jordan is only 18 though and is still wet behind the ears when it comes to watching England in tournaments. Give it 20 years and he'll be as cinical as the rest of us.

Boredom is something that players at any level could experience to be fair, also Roy has said he plans to keep the squad busy when they aren't playing and will be letting them go out and enjoy some activities.

I understand there is a difference between club and international football, but I really don't think the difference is as big as people make out.

The one difference I will admit makes things harder is building a team spirit similar to you would have at a club. That isn't easy to create in a short space of time and very little training sessions. I imagine a reason why the likes of Germany and Spain are so good at international is because the vast majority of their players play together at club level.

Archived