IGNORED

Jordan Henderson

Lew-T

My money is on the German's to be honest. Spain will be there or there about's but without Villa and potentially Puyol and Pique I don't fancy them as much as I normally would.

I have a feeling about Germany.

I think Spain are just on their way down from a crest of a wave, they will be there or therw abouts, but just don't think they will do it.

France are on a very good run, but some of their wins and draws have not been that impressive considering some of the opposition, and they have some players with not the best temperament there is every chance they could implode, I get a funny feeling they will not get out of the group, with us and Sweden fighting for 2nd place. That is just a Hunch, if they are in form they are just as likely to win the group.

Holland may be a good bet, but again, they always argue their way out of a competition. I'm hoping they click, as if any team is to win it that is not us, I would like it to be the Dutch

I'm hoping because the main players for Germany are from Bayern they will still be low on morale from the champions league final.

Yeah hopefully. Especially in their own back yard and on pens. It might have made them doubt themselves and with a bit of luck have an effect on them in the tournament.

It will certainly be in the backs on their minds. Especially Schweinstiger.

I have a feeling about Germany.

I think Spain are just on their way down from a crest of a wave, they will be there or therw abouts, but just don't think they will do it.

France are on a very good run, but some of their wins and draws have not been that impressive considering some of the opposition, and they have some players with not the best temperament there is every chance they could implode, I get a funny feeling they will not get out of the group, with us and Sweden fighting for 2nd place. That is just a Hunch, if they are in form they are just as likely to win the group.

Holland may be a good bet, but again, they always argue their way out of a competition. I'm hoping they click, as if any team is to win it that is not us, I would like it to be the Dutch

Yeah have to agree with all of that.

I guess France's good form cant continue forever and has to come to an end sometime. But like you say, they could easily implode. But then if they do hit the ground running could take the group by storm.

I am hoping the German's will have been somewhat derailed by what happened in the champs league final. Schweinstiger is the hub in the centre of the park for them and is a class act. It will be a huge test for him and whether he has the minerals to come back strong.

Knowing the German's they will probably come back stronger than ever though. They can never be written off.

I'm hoping because the main players for Germany are from Bayern they will still be low on morale from the champions league final.

no cant see that jordan.if youve got anything about you youd want it more.

liverpool if im correct lost the cup final to man u on the saturday. and won the european cup on the weds and the cup win would have give them the double! if you play football at any level your soon up for the next game.

Yeah have to agree with all of that.

I guess France's good form cant continue forever and has to come to an end sometime. But like you say, they could easily implode. But then if they do hit the ground running could take the group by storm.

I am hoping the German's will have been somewhat derailed by what happened in the champs league final. Schweinstiger is the hub in the centre of the park for them and is a class act. It will be a huge test for him and whether he has the minerals to come back strong.

Knowing the German's they will probably come back stronger than ever though. They can never be written off.

Yep, that defeat on home turf, for a chunk of the German squad will spur them on. They are not a nation to crumble, they get up and fight. I would say that loss has probably made them more dangerous.

Yep, that defeat on home turf, for a chunk of the German squad will spur them on. They are not a nation to crumble, they get up and fight. I would say that loss has probably made them more dangerous.

Probably yeah. I think if any team are to beat them they will be the eventual winners.

Spain - Best squad overall but missing Villa (all time record goalscorer) and Carlos Puyol.

Germany - The tournament kings and most successful nation ever in the European Championships. They have players who are average at club level but amazing for their nation.

Netherlands - Amazing attacking players but very average at the back.

France - The dark horses, 19 unbeaten and a point to prove after the World Cup embarrassment.

England - Tournament failures, our golden generation has passed so lower expectations could prove to be a blessing.

Italy - The Italian legends have all gone and retired, Nesta/Cannavaro/Del Piero/Totti. A country in decline for gifted youth talent.

I think it's a very open tournament. I would be delighted for the Three Lions to reach the semi's but I think France will win it.

The only thing certain is, England wont win it or come anywhere near winning it. The golden generation has gone or almost gone and the younger generation coming through are nowhere near good enough.

If Andy Carroll is supposed to be the answer for Englands future I can see England struggling to make tournaments, let alone come close to winning something.

The only thing certain is, England wont win it or come anywhere near winning it. The golden generation has gone or almost gone and the younger generation coming through are nowhere near good enough.

If Andy Carroll is supposed to be the answer for Englands future I can see England struggling to make tournaments, let alone come close to winning something.

Who said Andy Carroll was our future? He certainly isn't.

Agree that on paper this bunch do look to be one of the weakest squads we have taken to a major tournament in recent years but that could work to our advantage. You only have to look at the wins of both Greece and Denmark who probably had even weaker squads yet they both pulled it off against all the odds. I have a feeling England are going to surprise a lot of people and go all the way. It ain't going to be pretty but then neither was Chelsea's march to the champions league title. Defensively we are very strong and in Ashley Young we have a match winner. Andy Carroll could easily turn out to be one of the players of the tournament and, with this being their last chance of national success, the 'old guard' will give everything to go out with a bang. I predict that we will beat Germany on penalties in the final. Lovely.

It's pretty clear Rooney will play as soon as his ban is over. Also Welbeck is now fit and is more likely to play against France.

So if England won there first two games with the striker or strikers scoring, you think they would be dropped.

Dont assume anything.

As for Welbeck, it sums up how awfull we are when someone as poor as him is even in the squad.

So if England won there first two games with the striker or strikers scoring, you think they would be dropped.

Dont assume anything.

As for Welbeck, it sums up how awfull we are when someone as poor as him is even in the squad.

You know nothing, I mean its not like Geoff Hurst was 2nd choice behind Greaves or anything ;)

Who said Andy Carroll was our future? He certainly isn't.

If Andy Carroll isn't involved in a large percentage of England squads over the next 8 years I would be highly surprised. For you to label him as 'certainly' not the future is ridiculous.

It's pretty clear Rooney will play as soon as his ban is over. Also Welbeck is now fit and is more likely to play against France.

Rooney is extremely likely to play as soon as he is available of course, but he is just as likely to come into the team behind Carroll as to replace him. I highly expect that either Gerrard or Young will play as the second striker in the first two games, but it is hardly beyond the realms of possibility to think that Rooney could come into the team in the number 10 role and then push Gerrard deeper or Young out to the left. Especially if Carroll has impressed in the opening two games.

I would also be extremely surprised if Welbeck starts ahead of Carroll against France and would be interested as to why seem so confident that Welbeck will start if fit?

If Andy Carroll isn't involved in a large percentage of England squads over the next 8 years I would be highly surprised. For you to label him as 'certainly' not the future is ridiculous.

Rooney is extremely likely to play as soon as he is available of course, but he is just as likely to come into the team behind Carroll as to replace him. I highly expect that either Gerrard or Young will play as the second striker in the first two games, but it is hardly beyond the realms of possibility to think that Rooney could come into the team in the number 10 role and then push Gerrard deeper or Young out to the left. Especially if Carroll has impressed in the opening two games.

I would also be extremely surprised if Welbeck starts ahead of Carroll against France and would be interested as to why seem so confident that Welbeck will start if fit?

I think Roy will start with Welbeck as he's had a better season and Carroll against France who have Rami (big defender who wins almost every header) wouldn't be a great idea. Welbeck has more to his game than Carroll imo.

Oh come on, how long have you been watching international football?

He's an average ( at best) prem striker.

He wouldn't get in any of the other country's squads.

We can only take English players... and he is one of the best English strikers regardless of how good he is compared to the other nations.

So to say it's ridiculous he's in the squad is wrong as he's one of our better strikers. Also he's one for the future.

Oh come on, how long have you been watching international football?

He's an average ( at best) prem striker.

He wouldn't get in any of the other country's squads.

How he was even picked is beyond me. Shows how little talent we have in the striking department if Carrol and Welbeck will be deemed first choice if Rooney is out. Shocker really, show how far we have fallen behind other nations

Goalkeepers:

Jack Butland - Birmingham - 19

Jamal Blackman - Chelsea - 18

Right Backs:

Nathaniel Clyne - Crystal Palace - 21

Kyle Walker - Tottenham - 21

Jon Flanagan - Liverpool - 19

Martin Kelly - Liverpool - 22

Jamal Lascelles - Nottingham Forest - 18

Left Backs:

Joe Bennett - Middlesbrough - 22

Jack Robinson - Liverpool - 18

Luke Shaw - Southampton - 16

Keiran Gibbs - Arsenal - 22

Centre Backs:

Phil Jones - Manchester United - 20

Chris Smalling - Manchester United - 22

Steven Caulker - Tottenham Hotspur - 20

Ryan Bennett - Norwich - 22

Craig Dawson - West Brom - 22

Lewis Dunk - Brighton - 20

Eric Dier - 18 - Sporting Lisbon

Nathaniel Chalobah - Chelsea - 17

Centre Midfielders:

Jordan Henderson - Liverpool - 22

Tom Cleverley - Manchester United - 22

Jack Rodwell - Everton - 21

Jack Wilshere - Arsenal - 20

Henri Lansbury - Arsenal - 21

Josh McEachran - Chelsea - 19

Jonjo Shelvey - Liverpool - 20

George Thorne - West Brom - 19

Ross Barkley - Everton - 18

Jacon Butterfield - Barnsley - 21

Tom Carroll - Tottenham - 19

Jordon Mutch - Birmingham - 20

Dan Gosling - Newcastle - 22

Ravel Morrison - West Ham - 19

Wingers:

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - Arsenal - 18

Wilfried Zaha - Crystal Palace - 19

Cameron Stewart - Hull - 21

Nathan Redmond - Birmingham - 18

Strikers:

Danny Welbeck - Manchester United - 21

Daniel Sturridge - Chelsea - 22

Connor Wickham - Sunderland - 19

Nick Powell - Crewe - 18

Harry Kane - Tottenham - 18

Max Clayton - Crewe - 17

Raheem Stirling - Liverpool - 17

I think there is more than enough talent there in future years to push England on.

We can only take English players... and he is one of the best English strikers regardless of how good he is compared to the other nations.

So to say it's ridiculous he's in the squad is wrong as he's one of our better strikers. Also he's one for the future.

Well the future is the future, he's not good enough for this level.

If I want to say its ridiculous I will because that's what I think.

How long have you watched international football?

Well the future is the future, he's not good enough for this level.

If I want to say its ridiculous I will because that's what I think.

How long have you watched international football?

I've watched international football for aslong as I can remember.

There is a slight differance in style between International and club football but you seem to think there is a huge difference and they are chalk and cheese.

I think Roy will start with Welbeck as he's had a better season and Carroll against France who have Rami (big defender who wins almost every header) wouldn't be a great idea. Welbeck has more to his game than Carroll imo.

I would say that Carroll is a much better player at playing the lone striker role than Welbeck. I think Welbeck has had a decent season and has looked dangerous in partnership with Rooney, but that is for a United team that nearly always dominate possession and play to a style of football that is suited to Welbeck's strengths. This isn't the same job that is going to be asked of whoever gets the starting spot against France in the opening game in my opinion. I would have thought that France will have the majority of possession and when we actually get the ball we are going to look to break quickly and be much more direct than the majority of other teams at the tournament. Playing like this Carroll obviously becomes a key man for us and, as I said, I would be highly surprised if Welbeck starts over him in the first game.

Goalkeepers:

Right Backs:

Left Backs:

Centre Backs:

Centre Midfielders:

Wingers:

Strikers:

Nick Powell - Crewe - 18

Max Clayton - Crewe - 17

I think there is more than enough talent there in future years to push England on.

Half of those will be no marks heading down the leagues in one or two years. There are one or two that stand out as having the necessary talent for a international future, A lot will be alsorans

Goalkeepers:

Right Backs:

Left Backs:

Centre Backs:

Centre Midfielders:

Wingers:

Strikers:

Nick Powell - Crewe - 18

Max Clayton - Crewe - 17

I don't actually think you get it when it comes to England and the supposed talent.

We have been told for the last 30-40 years that we have all this young talent coming through.

It doesn't happen, many other countries are always a step ahead of us.

You keep believing it though, I used to!

I would say that Carroll is a much better player at playing the lone striker role than Welbeck. I think Welbeck has had a decent season and has looked dangerous in partnership with Rooney, but that is for a United team that nearly always dominate possession and play to a style of football that is suited to Welbeck's strengths. This isn't the same job that is going to be asked of whoever gets the starting spot against France in the opening game in my opinion. I would have thought that France will have the majority of possession and when we actually get the ball we are going to look to break quickly and be much more direct than the majority of other teams at the tournament. Playing like this Carroll obviously becomes a key man for us and, as I said, I would be highly surprised if Welbeck starts over him in the first game.

his goal return (welbeck) for the chances United create doesn't look up to much to me. It is not as if he is up and coming anymore, he has been out on loan and sniiffing around the first team since 08. Rooney is only 3 years older, Welbeck had better improve quick smartish.

Archived