IGNORED

Jordan Henderson

Lew-T

We are going into the tournament with less optimism than the last world cup, but IMO we have a better squad this time around.

World Cup 2010

1. David James

2. Glen Johnson

3. Ashley Cole

4. Steven Gerrard

5. Rio Ferdinand

6. John Terry

7. Aaron Lennon

8. Frank Lampard

9. Peter Crouch

10. Wayne Rooney

11. Joe Cole

12. Robert Green

13. Stephen Warnock

14. Gareth Barry

15. Matthew Upson

16. James Milner

17. Shaun Wright-Phillips

18. Jamie Carragher

19. Jermain Defoe

20. Ledley King

21. Emile Heskey

22. Michael Carrick

23. Joe Hart

Euro 2012

Goalkeepers: 1. Joe Hart (Manchester City), 13. Robert Green (West Ham), 23. Jack Butland (Birmingham City).

Defenders: 12. Leighton Baines (Everton), 5. Gary Cahill (Chelsea), 3. Ashley Cole (Chelsea), 2. Glen Johnson (Liverpool), 14. Phil Jones (Manchester United), 15. Joleon Lescott (Manchester City), 6. John Terry (Chelsea), 18. Phil Jagielka (Everton).

Midfielders: 19. Stewart Downing (Liverpool), 4. Steven Gerrard (Liverpool), 8. Frank Lampard (Chelsea), 16. James Milner (Manchester City), 20. Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain (Arsenal), 17. Scott Parker (Tottenham), 7. Theo Walcott (Arsenal), 11. Ashley Young (Manchester United).

Forwards: 9. Andy Carroll (Liverpool), 21. Jermain Defoe (Tottenham), 10. Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), 22. Danny Welbeck (Manchester United).

James v Hart

Rio v Jones (but Jones more versatile)

Upson v Jagielka

Lennon = Walcott

Heskey v Carroll (just)

King v Lescott (fit)

Downing = Wright Phillips (both not good enough)

Joe Cole v The Ox

Crouch v Welbeck

I know we were woeful in 2010, and we shouldn't expect miracles this time, but are in a better place than two years ago.

We are better defensively, about the same in the middle, and better strikers (Heskey FFS!). I just hope we keep our best eleven fit throughout the tournament, and Rooney can deliver when hes back (if if if)...

I'd rather Roy took Joe Cole or Scholes than Henderson. This is tournament football. All this talk of building for 2014 is a red herring. We are in a winnable group. Cole has been doing well in France and has experience. Scholes is still the best passer of the ball in English football.

Henderson would ruin our chances of getting to the semi's if he starts. Really do not rate him whatsoever.

In 8o years of tournement football England have only reached semi finals three times, what would make anyone think they could do it this time.

On the subject of midfield players I would have Danny Murphy in there myself.

In 8o years of tournement football England have only reached semi finals three times, what would make anyone think they could do it this time.

On the subject of midfield players I would have Danny Murphy in there myself.

And two of those were in our own country!

re the predictions. I have it as a spain win (obviously, said it at last euro;s and last world cup)

Obviously England's "progression" (should we get out the group) depends on winning. As we will play the winners / runners up of Group C

I think we can all agree that Spain will win the group - so that leaves Italy, Ireland and Croatia - to be honest, toss a coin for the runner up.

But in the semi's, we will get, I think, Holland. So I think semi's is the furthest we could realistically go.

Spain vs Holland final.

On another note, GROUP B looks awesome. 1 of the favourites defo goes out group stage. :-) Germany, Holland & Portugal.

I think Gerrard and Parker will be first choice, also cant even see us getting out of te group stages. All these so say world class players and they for some reason just cant seem to play well together

Saying that how many of those players will get into say Madrids or Barca team what 3 maybe 4

I think Gerrard and Parker will be first choice, also cant even see us getting out of te group stages. All these so say world class players and they for some reason just cant seem to play well together

Saying that how many of those players will get into say Madrids or Barca team what 3 maybe 4

I agree; I think Gerrard and Parker was going to be Hodgsons first choice pairing anyway. Our key men are going to be Gerrard, Young and whoever plays up front until Rooney comes back. We have players who can defend, but they're the only ones I can see creating anything

My dark horse for the semi's is Poland.

Lewandowski is a brilliant striker and they will have the home support. They also have a good crop of youngsters coming through.

already backed poland at 50s fancy them to get through to the quaters, after that home team straight knock out. spain5/2 germany4/1,not worth a punt. iv backed england for every comp i can remember.

thats from the heart not the head! this time cant give us a chance, our midfield,and for that our forwards not up to it at top level.weve so few to pick from now.10 years ago we were probably picking a squad from 50 top league players, now how many?

10 years time its possible we might be taking asquad ffom the championship. hay we could even have a few in!

someones might come on and say weve got this youngster and that one comine through. but the dutch,spanish,germans,itailans. will allways have so much more to pick from.

anyway after that cum on england !!!!!

already backed poland at 50s fancy them to get through to the quaters, after that home team straight knock out. spain5/2 germany4/1,not worth a punt. iv backed england for every comp i can remember.

thats from the heart not the head! this time cant give us a chance, our midfield,and for that our forwards not up to it at top level.weve so few to pick from now.10 years ago we were probably picking a squad from 50 top league players, now how many?

10 years time its possible we might be taking asquad ffom the championship. hay we could even have a few in!

someones might come on and say weve got this youngster and that one comine through. but the dutch,spanish,germans,itailans. will allways have so much more to pick from.

anyway after that cum on england !!!!!

Oh er missus, i'd rather just watch England

Check your spelling of come matey :)

I did laugh the other night when graham Taylor said during the soccer aid match you have to give him credit for lobbing seaman. You should never get any credit for that!!

re the predictions. I have it as a spain win (obviously, said it at last euro;s and last world cup)

Obviously England's "progression" (should we get out the group) depends on winning. As we will play the winners / runners up of Group C

I think we can all agree that Spain will win the group - so that leaves Italy, Ireland and Croatia - to be honest, toss a coin for the runner up.

But in the semi's, we will get, I think, Holland. So I think semi's is the furthest we could realistically go.

Spain vs Holland final.

On another note, GROUP B looks awesome. 1 of the favourites defo goes out group stage. :-) Germany, Holland & Portugal.

What price will you give me they won't win the group? That is a very hard group.

Spain vs Holland final.

IF we win the group, we will get Spain in the semi's assuming they win their group. IF we come second then we will get spain in the quarters, assuming they win their group.

IF we win the group, we will get Spain in the semi's assuming they win their group. IF we come second then we will get spain in the quarters, assuming they win their group.

In an ideal world we beat Ireland/Italy in the quarters then play Spain in the semi's where if we lose we still have had a good tournament.

I did laugh the other night when graham Taylor said during the soccer aid match you have to give him credit for lobbing seaman. You should never get any credit for that!!

Definitely not, that is prison behavior! :)

if spain win the euros it will be the first time its been retained.after winning every thing do you think with near enough the same players they can have the same drive and win it again?

In an ideal world we beat Ireland/Italy in the quarters then play Spain in the semi's where if we lose we still have had a good tournament.

Yeah ideally. Think we will struggle to win the group though as France are on song at the moment.

The thing is if we did get to the semi's whether its against Spain or not, the players will have already over achieved so we could go into it without any pressure and who knows!?

I think realistically we will only get to the quarters again though.

if spain win the euros it will be the first time its been retained.after winning every thing do you think with near enough the same players they can have the same drive and win it again?

My money is on the German's to be honest. Spain will be there or there about's but without Villa and potentially Puyol and Pique I don't fancy them as much as I normally would.

Poland have the lowest ranking of all the teams in the tournament, I wouldn't be keen on putting any money on them.

Carrick is in a long line of Man Utd players who recognise that by having the summer off, they are elongating their careers at club level thus enhancing their chances of career success.

Paul Scholes is never ever going to play for England again. And why would he? He got stuck out on the left wing so that Stevie Me and Fat Frankie could **** up the middle of the park. For someone who was considered by Zidane to be the best midfielder in the world, that was an insult.

France aren't dodgy. England won't beat them, or sweden. England need to rely on picking up at least 1 draw from those 2 matches and hope that ukraine have already been crushed by the time they meet.

Oh, and here's Andy Carroll training this morning

1287507497_horse-plazying-with-big-ball.gif

My money is on the German's to be honest. Spain will be there or there about's but without Villa and potentially Puyol and Pique I don't fancy them as much as I normally would.

I'm hoping because the main players for Germany are from Bayern they will still be low on morale from the champions league final.

Archived