IGNORED

England Vs France - Match Thread

myol'man

How will we do? we will defend well, but france will score something like a 79th minute goal.. 1-0 benzema

My team?

Hmm..

1.Hart

Johnson

Lescot

Terry

Cole

Ox

gerrard

parker

Milner

Young

Welbeck,

4 4 1 1 formation.. defensive minded since our attackers are sh1t, we will defend well.. but lose out.. just.

Our problem is simple, Johnson, Milner, Downing and Walcott are not international class and bearing in mind all will be involved and at least 2 will play, I can only see doom and gloom.

you can add carroll henderson, kelly, to that list.. wow.. this england team is so shocking.

you can add carroll henderson, kelly, to that list.. wow.. this england team is so shocking.

The way I look at it, the last time I had so little faith in the England team was Euro 96 and we did quite well.

Since then I have had optimism and thought our side was good and only been let down.

World cup 2006 for example I thought we had one of the best England sides I had seen and we were sh*thouse.

Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if this lot surprises us.

I think Young may well turn out to be a handful for the French.

i have a feeling we will put in a Denmark performance.

As long as Terry does not get isolated against a bit of speed and skill, and Milner covers Johnson defensively, I think we could eek out a result.

I think we may get a 1-1 draw, but it won't be pretty.

Well Blanc has had his say on the England team:

"If we play the English way then it will be a 0-0 and we might get a goal from a set-piece.

"We'll play our own game but I hope the side that plays more football wins."

Can't see us playing anyone off the park at this tournament, but i reckon we can be solid and cause teams a few problems nicking a result along the way. Hell it worked for Greece in 2004!

The way I look at it, the last time I had so little faith in the England team was Euro 96 and we did quite well.

Since then I have had optimism and thought our side was good and only been let down.

World cup 2006 for example I thought we had one of the best England sides I had seen and we were sh*thouse.

Therefore, I wouldn't be surprised if this lot surprises us.

I think Young may well turn out to be a handful for the French.

I thought that 2010 was our best chance to win anything for ages.. and i think i'm right.. our only up and coming play who looks decent is the ox and possibly martin kelly?? everyones in their mid 20's early 30's

I thought that 2010 was our best chance to win anything for ages.. and i think i'm right.. our only up and coming play who looks decent is the ox and possibly martin kelly?? everyones in their mid 20's early 30's

It struck me the other night, one of my mates said to us - "out of the entire England squad, who do you think could get in the Dutch, Spanish or Italian sides?"

I answered Rooney and Joe Hart.

I was given Hart (thought 2 reckon Casillas) and nobody accepted Rooney.

Though I reckon those two are the only "world class" (and at a push Gerrard) in the squad.

• Admin

Well Blanc has had his say on the England team:

"If we play the English way then it will be a 0-0 and we might get a goal from a set-piece.

"We'll play our own game but I hope the side that plays more football wins."

Can't see us playing anyone off the park at this tournament, but i reckon we can be solid and cause teams a few problems nicking a result along the way. Hell it worked for Greece in 2004!

Lovely couple of digs there. Wouldn't be fun to watch from our point of view but I'd find it perversely gratifying if France had over 30 attempts on goal only to lose it to our only attack of the game 1-0 :D

A depressing draw or defeat, followed by lots of empty "time to stand up and be counted" soundbites, and then rinse and repeat for the games v Sweden and Ukraine. Would be happy to be proved wrong, but as an earlier posted noted, this is one of the more underwhelming England squads in recent times.

For me its one of those awkward moments, by hearts saying the passion will carry us forward, new manager, not a bad squad (IMO). Can't wait for 5.00pm to open the Natch and cheers the boys on............

But its never that simple. Heart says 2-1 England, Brain and Reality tells me 2-1 France.

Either way..... C'MON ENGLAND, so some passion for once.

It struck me the other night, one of my mates said to us - "out of the entire England squad, who do you think could get in the Dutch, Spanish or Italian sides?"

I answered Rooney and Joe Hart.

I was given Hart (thought 2 reckon Casillas) and nobody accepted Rooney.

Though I reckon those two are the only "world class" (and at a push Gerrard) in the squad.

Yea, agree with that.. just a shame gerrards ageing though.. no doubt our best midfielder.

How will we do?

We've got Welbeck up front, they have Benzema.

Well if they are unwell then we must have a great chance.............

Although I am not quite sure what the symptoms of Benzema are?

I just hope all you sad gits who right off England end up eating your own excr ...!

Regardless of victory or defeat or the chances thereof showing some pride & some passion is the English way...

Not to put down from the start ..thats the way foreigners do it...

Archived