IGNORED

England Vs France - Match Thread

myol'man

I think eventually Woy will get it wight but not this tournament I fear, your a bwaver man than I Tone, I will be locking my doows, dwawing my curtains and hoping my wugby loving Fwench neighbouw doesn't wealise that the game is on, mind you I have got man flu.

Maningitis is not a nice thing. You have my sympathy.

Oh, and thanks again

Agreed ours ain't great either, full of Brits whinging about the lack of Walls sausages, bacon, tea bags etc, etc

i'm in Southern Britanny between Lorient and Rennes.

We must have their relatives near us because they moan about the same thing. Christ I can buy Tetleys in my local Supermarket. The French don't hang their meat long enough from all accounts, they rip us off from all accounts (mind you the price to fix my pool liner was 5k from a English "mate" and only 3k from a French Artisan (with a 10 year guarantee).

I'm near Angouleme (Dept 16)

We must have their relatives near us because they moan about the same thing. Christ I can buy Tetleys in my local Supermarket. The French don't hang their meat long enough from all accounts, they rip us off from all accounts (mind you the price to fix my pool liner was 5k from a English "mate" and only 3k from a French Artisan (with a 10 year guarantee).

I'm near Angouleme (Dept 16)

i'm about an hour from Nantes, how far is Nantes from you?.

i'm about an hour from Nantes, how far is Nantes from you?.

It seems advisable to make the short trek north for a Vin Blanc in the not too distant future. Actually next time I fly to Casablanca I will go from Nantes and not Bordeaux

Think it'll be interesting to see what the set up is today. With Hodgson's experience, both as an international manager and in Europe, think we've got significantly better tactical brains behind the scenes than previously.

Yes yes, I know Capello was also a European manager but he had little background with English players and no international experience, plus Roy has had to work with 'small' teams lacking stars, unlike Capello who worked with top quality players in pretty much all his jobs prior to England.

Hope to see us adopt the 'small nation' mentality i.e. play to the opponents weaknesses and exploit them, rather than attempt to force our own 'style' on the game, which hasn't worked for England since 1998.

Archived