IGNORED

England V Italy (Pre Match Build Up Thread)

Abraham Romanovich

For justice I hope England winn. The leauges in Italy is total corrupt as long as I remember. The results in Italy have always been fixed. But the italiens are always hard to beat. Come on England.

Your right about the Italian League

But

With all the money in the Prem

It wouldnt come as a suprise to me if a BIG news story came out

Setting aside all the patriotism and looking at it purely in footballing terms as an independant ( im neither nationality) I think Italy will have far too much in the locker for England tonight.

Watching England play is so frustrating as they always play the ball back and sideways to where its just come from more than any other team. (Watch tonight and then tell me Im wrong later.)

If England go for it they can win it but I think they will bottle it again with their negativity and lack of confidence and Italy will win comfortably in the end 2- 0 or even 3-1

Setting aside all the patriotism and looking at it purely in footballing terms as an independant ( im neither nationality) I think Italy will have far too much in the locker for England tonight.

Watching England play is so frustrating as they always play the ball back and sideways to where its just come from more than any other team. (Watch tonight and then tell me Im wrong later.)

If England go for it they can win it but I think they will bottle it again with their negativity and lack of confidence and Italy will win comfortably in the end 2- 0 or even 3-1

Christ the only time i've seen you be postive on here is when you talk about Swindon Town.

So nervous right now. This is massive. Personally think we are better than Italy, but they have the know how and better tournament experience and success. I have a really bad feeling about today! Hope I am wrong.

yeah i hope yer wrong fella but playing that catspiss milner instead of walcott baffles me also players like gerrard rooney and young need massive games

Keith Allen, another pr1ck who wishes he was English (Alan Green, Townsend, Lawro et al) but he's Welsh, and he knows he is !

Had to google that. I had no idea he was Welsh. What a fraud. :disapointed2se:

Who, never heard of him.

It's a joke that's probably been going since the 60's.

He's a crap northern comedian, who clearly pinches some of his jokes from the 60's.

Back on topic. Heart says 1-0 to England. Head says 1-1 and for us to win on penalties for once. :englandsmile4wf:

Keith Allen, another pr1ck who wishes he was English (Alan Green, Townsend, Lawro et al) but he's Welsh, and he knows he is !

He is a right pr1ck, but not on a Alan Green Scale.

That sneering, snidey, **** is the slimiest nastiest pieces of filth on radio. Full of opinions, 90% of them complete bollox. He has a face for radio, and a voice for silent films. The sooner that vile excuse for a human being is of the airwaves the better.

You may have noticed, I don't have much time for him!

yeah i hope yer wrong fella but playing that catspiss milner instead of walcott baffles me also players like gerrard rooney and young need massive games

Agreed I would personally start Walcott. But then I guess if Milner is crap again we have a decent impact in Theo. For me Gerrard has been good so far, but Rooney and Young really need to perform for us today big time.

We could also do with a decent shift from Milner, but I can't see us getting that!

That sneering, snidey, **** is the slimiest nastiest pieces of filth on radio. Full of opinions, 90% of them complete bollox. He has a face for radio, and a voice for silent films. The sooner that vile excuse for a human being is of the airwaves the better.

That was almost Monty Pythons archietect sketch...

I'm going to be the realist and say Italy will win this 2-0 or 3-1. I just can't see us beating Italy who better than Spain, have shown a lot more dominance in attacking and who have a much better ability to move the ball around without giving it up. Rooney didn't have a good game in the last match, fair call that he was rusty but he isn't going to be on his best form today either.

All in all I just can't see how we'll win this when we were awful against France, mediocre and a little lucky against Sweden and then far from great against Ukraine and looked the more vulnerable of the two teams.

What worries me the most is the way we've become the same old nation... start off cautiously, get a few results, suddenly there is talk of being an amazing team who can go all the way, then we get our first real game where a draw isn't an option and before we know it we're all talking about "where did it go wrong!?"

TBF to him, I've read his autobiography and his parents are English and he spent most of his childhood in Gosport. He was only born in Wales because his dad was stationed there.

Re: Parker, surely his job isn't to mark anyone, but just to make desperate last minute body blocks of goalward shots, which - to be fair - he is excellent at ;)

pot kettle black

Some interesting prozone stats here that disagree with that.

England show up as more direct (shock horror) and the Italians shoot from range a lot and pass sideways more.

I think you're right about the last bit though, if England play this one not to lose they will lose. They have to go at it to have a chance because the Italians are better on the ball and not much worse off it.

It's been nice to see a lack of expectation so far which was realistic because the England performances have been quite average - but that all seems to have gone by the wayside now. I can almost feel the press sharpening the knives.

Some interesting prozone stats here that disagree with that.

England show up as more direct (shock horror) and the Italians shoot from range a lot and pass sideways more.

Of course they will... they play a backwards pass to the deepest defender and then pass forward 4-5 times before repeating the same pattern, that means they should have a much higher amount than 48%. The difference is Italy pass backwards whilst remaining in the opponents half or final third, most of our passing forward is done from the back. Stats don't mean anything when taken out of context, the simple fact is if we passed forwards more then surely if my point wasn't true they wouldn't average twice as many shots as us per game!

We have been very average so far, but sometimes we can pull out a big performance from seemingly nowhere - remember in '96 we were actually worse than average against the Scots and Swiss, before smashing the Dutch 4-1.

On current form Italy must go in as favoriates. But hey, its football, stuff happens. If nothing else we do seem capable of scoring - do not expect us to get a '0'.Here's hoping!

Archived