IGNORED

Best / Worst Encounters With City Players...

Superjack

When in Liverpool a few yrs back I was getting taxi into town when the driver asked where I was from. After chatting he asked if a mate of his could jump in for a lift which I said was ok and when his mate got in it was none other than John bailey to which we got chatting about city then a little further down the road we picked up Howard Kendall turned out they were drinking partners. They both payed for the fare and said to me what pub they would be in if I fancied it.

You didn't get the chance to find out if Bailey really had been boning Smiths missus did you?

I never had the balls to ask when I met him :)

Best encounter!! Me and my Mrs sat next to Brian Drysdale at Gerry's do in December...A TOP BLOKE and fantastic company! The players that signed my shirt...Cheese Clive Whitehead Donnie Gillies Brian and Gerry on one... and my pride and joy the extra one they gave me with just Gerry on it.

Met a lot of that team that night and Brian told Clive I could remember his first goal for the City (Away Millwall 2-0)) on his debut....Quick as a flash Clive said and who got the other...quicker than a flash I said Bobby Gould!!! He must of thought I was a right saddo!!! anyway great evening, on the other side of Brian, Jonathon Pierce was with his mate and sat next to my Mrs was Eddie Large!!

Also for Good measure I asked Gerry Sweeney about his strike at Charlton in 76....For those who were there it was a little controversial as Charlton claimed handball....Gerry described what happend exactly how I remember it....And I he didnt miss the opportunity to tell me it flashed into the top corner....for the couple of hundred of us behind that goal it was really the first time we believed we had a chance that season...great stuff!!

Anyway the oddest was Terry Cooper in 84 standing outside Bradford City's ground...Tom Ritchie and Terry Cooper were hanging around outside the ground and I said to Terry we gonna win today...He answered in typical Yorkshire manner...EYYYYE DONT BLOODY KNOW...Nice one Terry....For the record it was 1-1 and Alan Walsh scored!

Best encounter!! Me and my Mrs sat next to Brian Drysdale at Gerry's do in December...A TOP BLOKE and fantastic company! The players that signed my shirt...Cheese Clive Whitehead Donnie Gillies Brian and Gerry on one... and my pride and joy the extra one they gave me with just Gerry on it.

Met a lot of that team that night and Brian told Clive I could remember his first goal for the City (Away Millwall 2-0)) on his debut....Quick as a flash Clive said and who got the other...quicker than a flash I said Bobby Gould!!! He must of thought I was a right saddo!!! anyway great evening, on the other side of Brian, Jonathon Pierce was with his mate and sat next to my Mrs was Eddie Large!!

Anyway the oddest was Terry Cooper in 84 standing outside Bradford City's ground...Tom Ritchie and Terry Cooper were hanging around outside the ground and I said to Terry we gonna win today...He answered in typical Yorkshire manner...EYYYYE DONT BLOODY KNOW...Nice one Terry....For the record it was 1-1 and Alan Walsh scored!

Terry Cooper, I met him at the Freight Rover Dinear last year, he was really nice, and in my opinion a true City hero for all the hard work he put in to help the club rise from the ashes of the financial melt down of the early 80's

Terry Cooper, I met him at the Freight Rover Dinear last year, he was really nice, and in my opinion a true City hero for all the hard work he put in to help the club rise from the out of the ashes of the financial melt down of the early 80's

Absobloodylutely

Ive spoken to/met a few City players, first one I was about 7 I spoke to Ade Akinbiyi on the phone he walked into my dads friends DFS which he was manager of and he said do you want a discount Ade he gave an obvious reply and he said just speak to my friends lad I can't remember what he said but it was nice of him to agree.

I organised a football match for a fundraising event and sent letters off to all local clubs got a no from all BCFC inc. then on a Friday morning got an unexpected call from Scotty Murray which was incredible in itself so I have achieved a childhood dream to play football with a sporting hero, he was really nice chap and he spent the afternoon with a disabled lad in my school which was heart warming and damn good on him! I also recently met Tristan Plummer in Cabot to buy a shirt off him he's a nice down to earth guy who I text now and again

Met Martyn Woolford in house of fraser, he recgonised me from various games and was very happy to chat. And was a very nice chap.

Scott Murray is absolute top class, see him quite a few places, will always chat and is city through and through.

Also met Joe Edwards, James Wilson and Ryan Mcgivern last year In the living room and were all happy to chat and were a little bit worse for wear!

Terry Cooper, I met him at the Freight Rover Dinear last year, he was really nice, and in my opinion a true City hero for all the hard work he put in to help the club rise from the ashes of the financial melt down of the early 80's

and some, saved our asses without a shadow

I haven't really met any that were too bad. Keogh bought us a couple of drinks when we saw him around. Lee Mathews was a top bloke he was on loan to the gas when I met him in town. I told him not to work too hard to help them he said he wouldn't (didn't score for them maybe it was my team talk?) Met lee Peacock in Magaluf, I walked into alex's indie bar he was sat at the bar said to my mate that's lee peacock, my mate went up and asked him and he denied it. I went up and said 'alright I know you're lee peacock, I've had a season ticket for god knows how many years I saw you play dozens of times You Are Lee Peacock' he eventually agreed he was indeed Lee Peacock.

Never saw him play but last night at a mates wedding spent the night with Geoff Merrick sharing a fair few Thatchers Gold what a top fella and looking very MOD I must say in paisley scarf and pork pie hat, asked me where I got my Harrington jacket from so made my night haha

Keith Fear I think had just signed apprentice terms i was about 10-11 and idolised city players.

Keith had a part time job collecting paper money on the weekend and he used to come to my parents house in Knowe West and i used to ask him for his autograph.

I think he went to Merrywood boys school.

Howard Pritchard,

Went out of his way to give me and my mate a lift back to Clevedon after a midweek away defeat. Can't remember the match but Pritchards comment on the way home was "we were ******g c*** tonight boys" an honest opinion of the team at the time!

Lee Peacock bought me a drink on more than one occasion in 'The Works' Nightclub simply for introducing myself as a City fan. Top bloke.

Saw Steve Phillips in Reflex shortly before he left us. At the time his future at City was in doubt, I said to him that I'm sure fans would remember him very fondly if he was to go, however I also said "just dont go to the f**kin Gas Steve".

No he was a ****, arrogant tit.

• Admin

I haven't really met any that were too bad. Keogh bought us a couple of drinks when we saw him around. Lee Mathews was a top bloke he was on loan to the gas when I met him in town. I told him not to work too hard to help them he said he wouldn't (didn't score for them maybe it was my team talk?) Met lee Peacock in Magaluf, I walked into alex's indie bar he was sat at the bar said to my mate that's lee peacock, my mate went up and asked him and he denied it. I went up and said 'alright I know you're lee peacock, I've had a season ticket for god knows how many years I saw you play dozens of times You Are Lee Peacock' he eventually agreed he was indeed Lee Peacock.

...and to complete the story your mate them went back up to him and, as punishment for lying, pushed him off his stool right? ;)

Missing the point ! every game last season was a worst encounter, to talk about them in " Off pitch" conversations as though

they were some kind of Demi Gods actually chills my heart, RANT OVER ! thanks for whatever

NURSE!!!...

...he's out of bed again...

Missing the point ! every game last season was a worst encounter, to talk about them in " Off pitch" conversations as though

they were some kind of Demi Gods actually chills my heart, RANT OVER ! thanks for whatever

Have you ever written anything interesting or funny or informed on this forum?

Not that I remember. Your post is pathetic.

Anyone remember brian wilson? Met him in ayianapa, staying in same hotel, bloke was an absoloute tool. Arrogant as you like

We had a big bristol city flag hanging from balcony and asked for a pic with him and he said no

His mates on the other hand (all manc lads) were spot on

Always seemed like a dull, boring moron. Was gutted when we paid 100k and Scott Brown for him

Ivan Testemetanu used to come into a shop I worked at as a youngster very regularly. It was a sports shop and he used to just like coming in and looking at/trying on new boots and generally chatting about football. Absolute legend and really down to earth. He always used to moan that he was being played out of position and he wanted to play behind the front 2. Very good player as well if I remember rightly...

When he joined the Gas, me and 2 mates went over and gave him stick, said Basso was a much better keeper than him and he went completely mental at us. Very funny laughing at him, he was looking like he was gonna explode!

Funnily enough I saw him in Reflex a few weeks ago and me and me and my mate kept pointing to the sky and singing 'Ohhhhhh Basso'. To be fair to Phillips he did an excellent job of pretending he hadn't seen or heard us but the fellas he was with were clearly furious and were giving us some rather angry looks.

Archived