IGNORED

Fredy Montero

aller g

Hmmm. I'd be a top striker if I received lots of inch perfect passes when I was in the box.

My memories of Sarborio was that he just wasn't physical enough and didn't make the most of what chances were there.

You could see that there was a decent footballer trying in there somewhere, but he just didn't adapt to English football.

Agreed, but one thing he wasn't, was a target man, and that is what Johnson was looking for. If we just played it to feet instead of over the top, or to his head, we would have got a lot more out of him, his movement off the ball was good.

More of a case of better than the players he was working with. Hitting space that better players would have seen rather than a aimless angled ball at head height.

Good player, wrong club and style of play I reckon.

And again from you,yet another dig...say whats on your mind mate.

Don't be shy.

Probably because that was the biggest load of bollux ive ever read on this forum.....im not going into details about it because frankly you made yourself look a bit stupid and you know it, was a good laugh though ! :laughcont:

The Suso link was in thisisbristol so I thought it had some substance.. it was also on the Liverpool forums. I haven't watched him live but Liverpool fans on their forum who have say he's got bags of talent.

Montero is someone who I know a little about but someone who doesn't impress me, that is all. He may be a brilliant player but this particular rumour doesn't excite me.

That. Is. All.

Thisisbristol took it from an alternative City forum, where the member later admitted that he made it up. It's not true, whatsoever.

Thisisbristol took it from an alternative City forum, where the member later admitted that he made it up. It's not true, whatsoever.

If it's not true then that is a shame. I still would like to see Del bring in that proper creative midfielder who can chip in with a handful of goals and get some assists.

Morris and Skuse in my opinion looks a bit poor as the centre midfield partnership. You never know though, Morris could be very decent.

The reason I am excited about Suso is because he's a rare kind of player imo. Low sense of gravity, natural ability, creative and a great passer of the ball. A loan deal would also be good as it's not a risk for us.

I've not seen anywhere where Montero is actually linked to a big club, I really don't think he'd want to play in this division if he has hopes of representing Colombia. His goal-scoring record would be fantastic if it was in a competitive league. His wages are rumoured to be atleast $500k a year and the fee would more than likely be atleast 2M. Not a risk the club should take imo. I like the idea of looking at strikers from other countries but this Montero bloke doesn't convince me if i'm honest.

So highly selective YouTube videos makes Suso look good, but not Montero? To be honest I know little about either player but on paper Montero is older, more 1st team games at a higher level. We don't know how much he'll cost and $500,000 a year works out about £5,500 per week. Just seems a strange position, but of course one you're entitled to

So highly selective YouTube videos makes Suso look good, but not Montero? To be honest I know little about either player but on paper Montero is older, more 1st team games at a higher level. We don't know how much he'll cost and $500,000 a year works out about £5,500 per week. Just seems a strange position, but of course one you're entitled to

The wages may be affordable, the fee would cause trouble though imo.

Anything else to add mate - I'm all ears from you and wurzel boy?

Sorry was eating my dinner..

Dont get me wrong, if some opp fans want a pop then i'm not running away. But the whole 'Firm' scene disinterests me.

Far to entangled with racism for my liking - and im not a UAF/Lefty type, far from it. Just dont like facists- its what my relatives fought against. Plenty of firms have always been extreme right.

But lets not open up a discussion, its just my opinion!

Nothing Personal. end.

4 caps. not a chance he'd get a work permit in this country.

Arsenal are still struggling to get one for Joel Campbell whose played 16 international games and is still stuck on loan abroad.

Not a starter

Depends on FIFA ranking- not sure what criteria or what Colombia's ranking is, but if a country is high enough you'll get a work permit

I know nothing about Montero.

What I do know is that I rate American signings. They have a winning attitude and will work their b*ll**ks off to achieve success.

And they are (relatively) cheap.

Everton are my second team...

... if you are still reading, Everton have signed two Americans in recent years - Brian McBride and Landon Donovan... both brilliant signings.

I struggle to think of any American signings of any note in recent years that have not been a success.

Feel free to correct me, but if I was a manager, I would be looking to the MLS.

What I do know is that I rate American signings. They have a winning attitude and will work their b*ll**ks off to achieve success.

... if you are still reading, Everton have signed two Americans in recent years - Brian McBride and Landon Donovan... both brilliant signings.

I struggle to think of any American signings of any note in recent years that have not been a success.

He isn't American.

Why are people getting excited over this player anwyay?

He's scored 50 goals in 132 games in the MLS, hardly amazing. If that was 50 in 132 in a tough league then it would be impressive.

For the fee he would cost, i'd rather us not take the risk.

By most people's reckoning that is a goal to game ratio that is none too shabby.

Hmmm. Not so sure myself. Look at the chap Florest signed. Robby Findley. Utter shit.

Hmmm. Not so sure myself. Look at the chap Florest signed. Robby Findley. Utter shit.

There have been some good signings from the MLS in recent years though. Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Ryan Nelson, Stuart Holden... All players we'd have been lucky to have (though Holden is a bit of a sick note). It's still a BS rumour, but I reckon there are gems to be had in the MLS

You forgot Tim Howard? Probably Everton's best yank,

That said there has been many poor ones, Jozy Altidore, (hull) Brad Guzan, (villa) mike Bradley (villa) robbie Finley (forest) all US internationals, done little over here

The reason I am excited about Suso is because he's a rare kind of player imo. Low sense of gravity, natural ability, creative and a great passer of the ball. A loan deal would also be good as it's not a risk for us.

I've not seen anywhere where Montero is actually linked to a big club, I really don't think he'd want to play in this division if he has hopes of representing Colombia. His goal-scoring record would be fantastic if it was in a competitive league. His wages are rumoured to be atleast $500k a year and the fee would more than likely be atleast 2M. Not a risk the club should take imo. I like the idea of looking at strikers from other countries but this Montero bloke doesn't convince me if i'm honest.

what is a low sense of gravity? Does that mean he can float in the air?

Woke up - came here - see a thread regarding a player started yesterday reach three pages - think there must be some developments.

Just Jordan sprouting more crap about a player he signed on FM.

Brilliant.

Where have I said I signed anyone on FM, and for the record, I haven't sign either on FM as Suso has only -8 potential and Montero isn't that good.

Thankyou.

Bloody hell, Jordan. Took you seven whole minutes to reply! You're getting slower. Maybe set up two monitors with OTIB open on both to improve slacking response time.

I just think it's quite important to reply as quick as possible to such bo****ks.

Anyway, i'm going to town in a short while so you can then count how long it before I post again later.

Ciao.

• Admin

If anyone feels they use OTIB too much then just divide your number of posts by the number of days since you joined (both found on your profile).

Here is a handy website I found for calculating the number of days since you joined: http://www.timeandda...e/duration.html

For the record, as an Admin of this site for the last 6 years or so I have more reason than many of you to visit on a daily basis so my post rate should provide you with a yard-stick to measure your life against, a shade under 2.47 posts per day :)

I just think it's quite important to reply as quick as possible to such bo****ks.

Anyway, i'm going to town in a short while so you can then count how long it before I post again later.

Ciao.

What no smart phone with internet on the go.. behind the times squire, behind the times. :yawn:

If anyone feels they use OTIB too much then just divide your number of posts by the number of days since you joined (both found on your profile).

Here is a handy website I found for calculating the number of days since you joined: http://www.timeandda...e/duration.html

For the record, as an Admin of this site for the last 6 years or so I have more reason than many of you to visit on a daily basis so my post rate should provide you with a yard-stick to measure your life against, a shade under 2.47 posts per day :)

That gives our young member of less than 10 months, 5065 posts over 283 days = 17.89 posts per day........ compared to your 2.47 posts per day...... WHO ?

You know........ its Brizzle Jordon......... Is that the reason for the question ?

Archived