IGNORED

Paul Anderson

WarksRed

Forest winger was highly rated a few years back seemed to have gone of the radar skillful though

Gone massively off the radar.....injuries, or lack of form I wonder?

He was on fire 2 or 3 seasons ago, would be happy with this - IF true

EDIT - just read the link, seems like it's a done deal. Is anyone else chuffed to bits when they see player after player bigging DMc up? Sounds like he knows how to sell the club, in the face, it would seem, of stiff opposition

Gone massively off the radar.....injuries, or lack of form I wonder?

On 23 January 2009, in an FA Cup fourth round qualifier, between Derby County and Nottingham Forest, Anderson suffered what was deemed an horrific injury in the second half of the game. Anderson fell awkwardly after a challenge by Derby's Paul Connolly and suffered a broken arm and dislocated wrist.[14] He returned only four weeks after, and contributed in helping Forest secure Championship status, finishing 19th.[15]

Ouch!

From the Melton Times!

MELTON professional footballer Paul Anderson has this morning signed for Bristol City on a two-year contract.

The 24-year-old winger joined City on a free transfer after Nottingham Forest failed to offer him a new deal before his contract expired.

Several Championship clubs had expressed an interest in securing his services including Blackpool, Huddersfield, Hull City and Cardiff City, but Anderson was impressed by what Robins manager Derek McInnes had to offer at Ashton Gate.

Dad Phil said: “He really liked the area and what Derek McInnes had to say. He had several options, but Bristol City were the most proactive throughout. He felt this was the club that wanted him the most and their style of football will suit him.”

Anderson made around 120 appearances in four seasons with Forest, signing from Liverpool in 2008 after a successful season on loan at the City Ground. During his time Forest made the promotion play-offs in two successive seasons, but missed out in the semi-finals on both occasions.

Anderson will join City’s pre-season tour to Scotland before heading back to Bristol for a friendly with derby rivals Rovers ahead of the new campaign.

Ironically his first competitive league game in Bristol’s number 21 shirt could be a return to his former employers when City kick off their Championship season at Forest on Saturday, August 18.

If this is true (and it looks like it is) it just goes to show we have very little idea of what's going on behind the scenes with transfer activity. Who's to say Derek hasn't got one or two other players lined up that no-one's mentioned?

My only concern is that he's Adomah's replacement. If he can play on the left then I'd be happy with this signing on a free transfer.

Seems pretty clear this has happened, unless it is the most elaborate hoax so far!

Decent record for a (just) 24 year old, and fits the Del mould of being a 'flexible' player; can play either wing.

Might signal some movement on the Adomah front BUT... could just be a signing.

If this is true (and it looks like it is) it just goes to show we have very little idea of what's going on behind the scenes with transfer activity. Who's to say Derek hasn't got one or two other players lined up that no-one's mentioned?

My only concern is that he's Adomah's replacement. If he can play on the left then I'd be happy with this signing on a free transfer.

Was about to post something similar. All the posters on here jumping up and down about a perceived lack of activity , really , haven't got a scooby doo !!

Good signing, but as mentioned above, does this mean someone is off?

If he plays on the left could it be that Woolford is going?

Like bolts out the the blue like this, helps me forget about the Thatchers induced Hangover.

Good to see, assuming it will shortly be confirmed on BCFC site, that our club can keep things away from the press and the rumour mill; all these nonsense rumours and we go and sign someone i do not think anybody has talked about.. well done Del. :laugh:.

Agree totally our-man-in-havana; after all the speculation we bring in someone totally out of the blue. Should be borne in mind when speculation becomes feverish...

Nice to see on a free as well.

It may shut the whingers up, DMc will be working away like mad behind the scenes, just because there isn't anything on twitter, or here, spouting bollocks doesn't mean it isn't happening

I'm sure there's 1 or 2 more being lined up

Happy days Pope, happy days!

Archived