IGNORED

Paul Anderson

WarksRed

Foster was one of the best players at the end of the season, solid and never afraid to get forward, always gives 110%, he had a few shaky starts when he first came to the club but in our final run he was so important.

He gets away with a lot of bad defending. I just don't like the look of him, each time I watch him play, i am waiting for him to drop a bollock that his pace won't make up for. I'm hoping his defending improves, if it does he will be a decent acquisition

all I can say to this is Thank-You Derek McInnes and Bristol City this is the best signing news ever...................................its made my day I can't wait to see what he can bring to The Bristol City Team Table.

Possibly a slight over-reaction, But lets give him a few games to find out if he can handle the pressure-cooker atmosphere at AG, and take it from there.

Welcome to Bristol Pablo :)

He gets away with a lot of bad defending. I just don't like the look of him, each time I watch him play, i am waiting for him to drop a bollock that his pace won't make up for. I'm hoping his defending improves, if it does he will be a decent acquisition

To be honest I thought he was solid at the end of the season, not as much to start though, with Wilson or a new right sided centre back next to him for next season he will flourish I think

I would say the reason anderson didn't play much last season was firstly because mcleary had a storming season and was their top scorer from right wing and on the left they played andy reid who undoubtedly was on much higher wages and being a naturally left footed player would instantly command the starting position on left wing. Compound that with an injury and I'm not suprised anderson wanted out. He's a quality player, just needs the games and the opportunity. Hopefully we will provide this. And the talk of a left sided partnership with cunningham sounds mouthwatering....

I would say the reason anderson didn't play much last season was firstly because mcleary had a storming season and was their top scorer from right wing and on the left they played andy reid who undoubtedly was on much higher wages and being a naturally left footed player would instantly command the starting position on left wing. Compound that with an injury and I'm not suprised anderson wanted out. He's a quality player, just needs the games and the opportunity. Hopefully we will provide this. And the talk of a left sided partnership with cunningham sounds mouthwatering....

this and also hopefully a fully fit albert and foster combination on the right hand side could see us dominate games against lower standing teams and give a pacey outlet on either side when up against stronger opposition. beginning to look forward to next season a lot more now and with every signing we make im getting more and more excited. looking a lot stronger than we did 12 months ago for sure

Swansea mate says he played all his best footie for them when on loan on the left wing cutting in, and arguably this was the brightest part of his career to date.

They were gutted when Forest pipped them to the signing season after. Wikipedia says he scored 10 in 31 games that season. Granted it was league 1 but still a cracking return

His goals per game ratio is very good for a 'winger'. Del's comments suggest that he could be used as a striker ala Thierry Henry. Could be a real gem.

I see him more as a Noble role when not playing on the wing fitting in behind stead as the main striker using his pace to try and get in behind and giving him zero defensive dutys

• Admin

Anderson says in the video interview on the main site when asked what wing he'll be playing on; "I prefer the left, even though I'm right footed."

Not saying it is his best position, but that is where he prefers. Source? Him.

He's only been himself 24 years, what does he know! Clearly a right winger so must mean Albert is off somewhere :(

Hmmmm....I get the impression that McInnes is not just looking to sign players with ability but have a decent vocabulary as well. Both Cunningham and Anderson can put a constructive sentence together.

Are you actually being serious or is this a Frday wind up?!

You think level of education and ability to talk to the press are contributing factors?

You think level of education and ability to talk to the press are contributing factors?

Entirely serious. It makes a change to hear players that are able to talk fluently without using y'know every other sentence..............

• Admin

I agree with Robbored on this, any signs that a player is intelligent are good. It certainly can't hurt.

Hmmmm....I get the impression that McInnes is not just looking to sign players with ability but have a decent vocabulary as well. Both Cunningham and Anderson can put a constructive sentence together.

I agree with Robbored ya know and fink it is good innit

Question, previous managers have been pilliored for playing players out of position, so why are people so happy to sign Anderson and play him on the left, when predominantly he is a right winger?

Just checking, no more, no less

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.

"You'll have to ask the gaffer what position I'll play. I like playing from the left, even though I'm right-footed, but can also play on the right wing and in behind the strikers."

Archived