IGNORED

Pitman

leadman

Although I'd welcome the addition of Baldock and/or Davies I do think Pitman has a lot to offer, especially to a more settled and organised side than we have frankly been the last couple of years.

With Del bringing in Anderson, retaining Adomah and putting some faith in Woolford and Bolasie (which hopefully will pay off on both counts), plus looking to and actively strengthening areas that have long been weak (basically our defence...) I think we'll be a better unit next year. And as a better unit Pitman would have a important role to play.

4-4-2 with a midfield and forward line of;

Adomah/Bolasie - Morris/Peason - Elliot/Skuse - Anderson/Woolford

Stead/Taylor - Pitman

With a settled defence behind it that team should have enough to give Pitman plenty chances without asking him to play against his strengths, and I have little doubt he'd take those chances.

but thats what we did under johnson and we never finished outside the top 10

Once again, that's what I said. However, as great as the Johnson era was for the club, it was getting that team of tryers on to 3 year+ contracts that got us in the bother we were in last year. More quality and Pitman becomes more of an asset

People seem to have got my opinion of BP wrong from my previous posts on this thread.

I have no problem atall with him. Nothing would please me more than to see him notch up 20+ goals and play every miniute of this coming season.

I am simply reffering to the FACT that he rarely, when given the opportunity too do so, makes much of an impact when he starts a game for us. Why..? I'm not really sure. He certainly appears to be more effective when coming off the bench.

I'm sure he is not particularly happy with this role of "super-sub" but I have doubts that he will be consistently able to produce enough at this level to command that elusive place in our (or possibly any other championship team's) starting 11.

I hope he proves me wrong and I'm delighted to see him score, when he does - but I think he needs to pusg himself that little bit more if he is to really make a name for himself at championship level as a first choice striker.

My 2p worth - I like Pitman and think he needs to be given a chance in a team that suits his style of play. If he gets his chance, service and scores - ace. Otherwise better to let him go.

I think he's a terrific finisher, but although we need goals, we need hard workers too - but goals are priceless - I'd give him a go, but there's lots of competition. Don't think he's an 'impact' player.

Am really interested to see how Taylor does this season.

People seem to have got my opinion of BP wrong from my previous posts on this thread.

I have no problem atall with him. Nothing would please me more than to see him notch up 20+ goals and play every miniute of this coming season.

I am simply reffering to the FACT that he rarely, when given the opportunity too do so, makes much of an impact when he starts a game for us. Why..? I'm not really sure. He certainly appears to be more effective when coming off the bench.

I'm sure he is not particularly happy with this role of "super-sub" but I have doubts that he will be consistently able to produce enough at this level to command that elusive place in our (or possibly any other championship team's) starting 11.

I hope he proves me wrong and I'm delighted to see him score, when he does - but I think he needs to pusg himself that little bit more if he is to really make a name for himself at championship level as a first choice striker.

The only time he has ever been given a run was in his first season, which he scored consitently over a number of games. He stops scoring from the start, when he is a starter one game, but not the next. So when given a run, the facst would suggest to be opposite to what you are saying.

Not sure what any of these stats will prove , but here are a few anyway !!

Pitman has started in 35 games and scored in 9 of them (11 goals in total)

Pitman has come on as a sub in 41 games and scored in 7 (8 goals in total)

On 6 of the occasions he scored off the bench , he started the very next game.

Pitmans longest run of consecutive starts is 7 games and he scored in 2 games (2 goals in total)

It would appear from those stats , his record when starting games is better than people think , but will he start more games this season ?? I've got my doubts , even though I would have in my team without hesitation.

The only time he has ever been given a run was in his first season, which he scored consitently over a number of games. He stops scoring from the start, when he is a starter one game, but not the next. So when given a run, the facst would suggest to be opposite to what you are saying.

I think if you look at the facts from that season, what you are saying is not really the case over any consistent period.

I am not here for a BP assasination, I simply don't think he shows the level of form to warrant a regular starting place et the moment.

I think if you look at the facts from that season, what you are saying is not really the case over any consistent period.

I am not here for a BP assasination, I simply don't think he shows the level of form to warrant a regular starting place et the moment.

We will never reall know until he is give a season as first choice.

That I fear will never happen for him at bristol City. Strikers generally get into form through playing regularly. Brett's strike rate is pretty fantastic, considering he has never ever been in that position for us.

We will never reall know until he is give a season as first choice.

That I fear will never happen for him at bristol City. Strikers generally get into form through playing regularly. Brett's strike rate is pretty fantastic, considering he has never ever been in that position for us.

So was Michael Ricketts and he got an england cap doesn't mean its best for the team overall

So was Michael Ricketts and he got an england cap doesn't mean its best for the team overall

Maybe not, but a striker that works his balls off and doesn't score so many, may well be liked a lot by management and team mates, but its goals that win you games, and sometimes you have to take a chance to move up a level.

I'm not saying it has to be pitman, it could go for any goal scorer we may have.

I may have misunderstood your post, so if this comes across as weird, sorry :)

Archived