IGNORED

Pitman

leadman

No idea, but isnt both Stead & Pitman out of contract at the end of the forthcoming season? In which case we need to act now and offer them extensions if Del see them in his future plans, OR put them up for sale. Pisses me off when we let people go for free after weve spent good money on them! I personally think Pitman will leave, especially if the Baldock rumour is true. Have a feeling we might play one man up top for a lot of the season, away especially.

I've always liked goalscorers and Pitman is a terrific finisher and has scored some great goals for City. The 'problem' as I see it his twofold 1) He lacks real pace (although Teddy Sheringham was the same) and his work rate leaves a lot to be desired far too often. 2) He's a known whinger when things aren't going his way and spends far too much time complaining about lack of starts to just about anyone who'll listen. He'd be well advised to concentrate on knuckling down and trying to keep the lid on his frustration and impressing in training.

Unfortunately I can see him slipping down the pecking order if City manage to sign Baldock and he could be off in the January window.

Which is a real shame because he will go somewhere else in the championship and with the right service, will bang in 25 goals.

I really feel that we need to hang onto Brett.

Pitman will never score 25 goals in the championship imo.

Appears to be the opinon of Sky bet also.............80/1 to be Championship top scorer

I like Brett and given a run in the side and more importantly, an increase in work rate ALL the time he is on the pitch, he could really do well. Unfortunately, I dont see him getting into the side ahead of Stead or any other striker we bring in. Shame

Scoring 15 would be nice.

And he's the only one here likely to even do that.

And as for this 'known whinger' thing, Robbored. Your source for this is??

Stead could,

he got 6 in 10 last season didn't after sitting alot of it out?

I agree with robbo by the way he is meant to be a whinger

He's off if we get both baldock and Davies

Davies? Who is this, have I missed something?

Bournemouth fans.

Bloody hell, if he was moaning at Bournemouth when he must've played every game and was banging them in then he's a hard primadona man to please

Davies? Who is this, have I missed something?

Bloody hell, if he was moaning at Bournemouth when he must've played every game and was banging them in then he's a hard primadona man to please

Steve Davis from Derby and Baldock from West Ham apparantly we are in for both

Bournemouth fans.

And how did they know?

When he was there he was their best striker for years but wanted - understandably - to play at a higher level. That's hardly whinging is it. And in no way were his performances on pitch affected.

I think he's just got one of those faces that look a bit truculent. Truculent or blank. He's unlikely to be turning up on Celebrity Mastermind any time soon, judging by his interviews.

And as for Steady - I love the guy to bits, but objectively he's just not got the goals in him that Brett has.

Got to love how Brett seems incapable of shrugging off this reputation as a whinger on this forum even though the manager stated repeatedly that his attitude was first class. But hey, apparently some Bournemouth fans said different so why not take their word as fact about a player who last played for them 2 years ago.

Steve Davis from Derby and Baldock from West Ham apparantly we are in for both

Ah, Davis as opposed to Davies - I was thinking we were in for Craig Davies for a moment then........TFFT!

Edit - apparently it's Steve Davies, not Davis. Way too many spellings for my liking, I'm going back to sleep. Comment on Craig Davies stands though.....

Bournemouth fans.

Not worth mentioning then because that's nothing but anonymous rumours from a few fans of his former club. Perhaps those individuals simply didn't like him, as is the case with a few on here.

So with no credible basis whatsoever you say that 'Pitman is a known whinger when things are not going his way and spends far too much time complaining of lack of starts to anyone who'll listen'.

What absolute poppycock - do you really think he was complaining about lack of starts at Bournemouth?

Your quote is in direct contrast to what what Del has actually stated - that Pitman has always trained hard, been patient for his chance, and never been a moments trouble.

A disgraceful character assassination from you with absolutely no credible foundation.

I've no doubt whatsoever Pitman could score 20 with regular starts.

If the team could provide a few tap ins that number could rise further.

Worth bearing in mind that only 2 players scored more than 20 goals in the Championship last season, so imo we have one of the Championship's potential top scorers on our books.

I've no doubt whatsoever Pitman could score 20 with regular starts.

If the team could provide a few tap ins that number could rise further.

Worth bearing in mind that only 2 players scored more than 20 goals in the Championship last season, so imo we have one of the Championship's potential top scorers on our books.

Yet he hasn't been automatic first choice for ether teflon or Delboy

Yet he hasn't been automatic first choice for ether teflon or Delboy

Even so, Pitman was easily City's top scorer under Millen and just 1 goal behind our top scorer under Millen/Del.

You back up my argument for Pitman to be a regular starter very well monkeh.

Archived