IGNORED

Police Earning Their 70K

Barrs Court Red

I'd be the first in line to complain about the ridiculous over policing of football and insane charges (£70k - what's that? £500 per copper?).

The problem is the usual small set of morons. By ashton park today there were a hundred or so blokes throwing cans etc at police and two fifteen year old looking sad sags who were looking for a chase.

A minor incident but idiocy like this gives the plod every excuse they need to get most of their force some juicy triple time extra pay.

I'd be the first in line to complain about the ridiculous over policing of football and insane charges (£70k - what's that? £500 per copper?).

The problem is the usual small set of morons. By ashton park today there were a hundred or so blokes throwing cans etc at police and two fifteen year old looking sad sags who were looking for a chase.

A minor incident but idiocy like this gives the plod every excuse they need to get most of their force some juicy triple time extra pay.

sadly its not triple time.

Same with all hooligans unfort. Why fans (both rovers n city) think today is a gud chance for a fight I dnt kno. Support ur teams and exchange banter through singing but fighting....no point , lack of intelligence unfort . Many r young tho , we all make mistakes in our youth . Fingers crossed they dnt get seriously hurt

Same with all hooligans unfort. Why fans (both rovers n city) think today is a gud chance for a fight I dnt kno. Support ur teams and exchange banter through singing but fighting....no point , lack of intelligence unfort . Many r young tho , we all make mistakes in our youth . Fingers crossed they dnt get seriously hurt

:huh: i'm clearly getting old, I can barely understand a word of that

:huh: i'm clearly getting old, I can barely understand a word of that

I'll translate.

It is the same with all hooligans unfortunately. I don't know why both City and Rovers fans think today is a good chance for a fight. Why don't they support their teams and exchange banter through singing? There is no point in fighting. Unfortunately they lack intelligence. Although many are young and we all make mistakes in our youth. Fingers crossed that they didn't get seriously hurt.

I'll translate.

It is the same with all hooligans unfortunately. I don't know why both City and Rovers fans think today is a good chance for a fight. Why don't they support their teams and exchange banter through singing? There is no point in fighting. Unfortunately they lack intelligence. Although many are young and we all make mistakes in our youth. Fingers crossed that they didn't get seriously hurt.

:)

around £36k a year for ten years service, even less after the windsor report.

Constables

Pay point (annual increments from two years onwards) Annual salary with effect from 1 September 2010

£

On commencing service

On completion of the initial training period

27,471 (a)

36,519 (b)

well deserved too , because it aint easy telling someone their dad or daughter is dead.

The price is £500 a copper. Don't know how much the copper sees of that but thats how much avon and somerset charge. I think you will find that alot of specials are also used which cost the plod sweet fa but still invoice the club £500 for the honour

nope, not public order trained so not allowed to near the stadium.

They cost £500 a day to employ on normal time ?!?

you think the money gets handed directly down? So whilst the coppers are sat watching twits who wanna fight over a game of footy who is out there protecting mrs miggins from getting mugged? They wanted the game and that what it costs.

around £36k a year for ten years service, even less after the windsor report.

Constables

Pay point (annual increments from two years onwards) Annual salary with effect from 1 September 2010

£

On commencing service

On completion of the initial training period

27,471 (a)

36,519 (b)

well deserved too , because it aint easy telling someone their dad or daughter is dead.

So why are the club or in this case the charities getting charged £500 for 4 hours work? Who's trousering the cash?

I think the testimonial people should tell the old bill to do one, and let it go to court. I'd love to see them justify the bill.

I don't mind police getting paid a proper salary mind, but the bill presented is ridiculous as was the level of policing.

It's just a pity our tiny section of ****wits give them the excuse.

you think the money gets handed directly down? So whilst the coppers are sat watching twits who wanna fight over a game of footy who is out there protecting mrs miggins from getting mugged? They wanted the game and that what it costs.

No I don't, I think the price charged is not reflective at all of the cost and should be investigated.

Mrs Miggins gets mugged whether there's a game on or not.

It makes me laugh this forum.

The same forum where half the members like to reminisce about the best fights they've had against other fans.

That's the reason why the policing bill cost 70k.

What exactly do you think the response would have been had they not put any police out and there had been trouble? People injured, property damaged etc.

Football fans cause these problems. Not the police.

No I don't, I think the price charged is not reflective at all of the cost and should be investigated.

Mrs Miggins gets mugged whether there's a game on or not.

Its a joke really. But they will spin it by saying its taken huge resources gaining inteligence and planning the operation. No doubt each copper probably got a 2 hour brief and 2 hour debrief on the whole thing as well.

I thought the plod were charging 40k ?

According to the evil post, the police originally tried to charge £108k. £70k is actually police + stewarding, over £40k of which was police.

Still, that takes it down to what - £350 per head for four hours work?

And your experience of policing costs is...

Nowt. Why? I cost projects regularly with members of staff who cost a lot more than the police salaries.

Let me put it another way - do you think nobody should question this bill? That the police ought to be able to impose whatever costs they like?

It doesn't on the face of it seem reasonable to me.

Archived