IGNORED

Albert Off?

citywest30

It is pretty obvious they struggle for stories so this could be utter BS. They are running another story about the stadium today which is more or less the same as yesterday! reckon they have about 2 or 3 reporters!

If he goes I really hope it's just money. The names being mentioned for part exchange just don't excite me at all. Suppose dobbie is proven at this level but please not monk or lita!

Monk is a proven right footed Centre back who is commanding

If Albert is being offered Prem football, you cannot stand in his way. Yes get the best money you can for him, But no one should stand in the way of a young guys career progression, it's not right.

So if a good whack comes in for the bloke, then for me it is, fairwell Albert, I'll miss you, good luck mate.

Whatever deal may or not be possible....NOTHING will happen unless we can get replacements, and that my friends is the rub.

It's called football management, the real one.

I thought that real football management these days, certainly for the majority of clubs outside the Premier League, was about maximizing your assets. If the club wishes to cash in on Adomah, and they are almost bound to if an offer is almost irresistible, I suspect it will do so whether we have replacements (and presumably Anderson is already a replacement) or not. We are not in the fortunate position of being able to hang on to players while their value decreases. Also, I suspect that McInnes is more likely than his predecessors to give youth a go this season, and this transfer might open the door for the likes of Joe Bryan to get a real chance.

If Albert is being offered Prem football, you cannot stand in his way. Yes get the best money you can for him, But no one should stand in the way of a young guys career progression, it's not right.

So if a good whack comes in for the bloke, then for me it is, fairwell Albert, I'll miss you, good luck mate.

Completely agree.

I know its the post but the Bolasie rumour is pretty random, nothing mentioned on here so I wonder where they plucked that one from...

You never know, they might actually have some information not available to people on this forum, as journalists do. Actually, contrary to public perception, the Post is pretty reliable in what it comes out with, probably more so than the national tabloid press. The Bolassie rumour is not going to be invented; they've heard something from a reliable source.

Swansea are selling Joe Allen to Liverpool for £15M if they also get the same for Sinclair they will have £30M in the bank. So why not ask £5M for Albert you can only try, other teams do it and get away with it.

To be honest, if they have £30million in the bank, why would they go for Albert? Don't get me wrong; he's an excellent player and if a suitable offer came in for top flight football I think he should go with our beat wishes, but if you had that kind of money available would you buy Albert? Especially with Laudrups connections in the continent. I think it's more page filling from the EP

I thought that real football management these days, certainly for the majority of clubs outside the Premier League, was about maximizing your assets. If the club wishes to cash in on Adomah, and they are almost bound to if an offer is almost irresistible, I suspect it will do so whether we have replacements (and presumably Anderson is already a replacement) or not. We are not in the fortunate position of being able to hang on to players while their value decreases. Also, I suspect that McInnes is more likely than his predecessors to give youth a go this season, and this transfer might open the door for the likes of Joe Bryan to get a real chance.

Correct, that is exactly what its about!! however romantic some fans think the idea of Albert staying and refusing the move to the Prem to help Bristol City get there, that is not what happens anymore....Cash is king in football and i think £2.75m is an acceptable ammount of money for Bristol City and will allow Albert to realise ambitions he has that ultimately i cant see happening for him at Bristol City

Swansea are selling Joe Allen to Liverpool for £15M if they also get the same for Sinclair they will have £30M in the bank. So why not ask £5M for Albert you can only try, other teams do it and get away with it.

I'm with you... If we must sell Albert, then lets get a chunk of the money they get for Sinclair & Allen. Is Sinclair & Allen three times the player of Albert? Better yes, x3 times no.

For less than 5m I would rather keep him.

Blimey peoples tones have changed. Couple of months ago, it was albert didnt do anything 2nd half of the season, perhaps he isnt as good as we thought. Yes he played well on tuesday, yes scouts were watching because I was sat directly in front of one but this is the post. How many times have we debated this, this is a nothing story, read nothing into it.

Not bothered if Yannick goes - I don't personally think that he is going to cut the mustard at Championship level on a consistant enough basis. At the end of last season i would have driven Albert to Swansea myself for £2 million, but over pre season he looks to have got over any lingering injury problem that seemed to hamper him after xmas and he looks bang on form again, plus he appears to have beefed up and become that vital bit stronger when up against a defender.

It would now be a real shame to lose Albert, but everyone has their price and I think the right offer plus the chance of prem football would attract all concerned.

The main thing that we have in our favour is that Albert has 2 years left on his contract and I hope we make Swansea pay well if they want to prise away our biggest asset. No less less than £3 million would be fair, but why not really test them and hold out for more. Why shouldn't they be made to pay silly money if they want our best player who is contracted to us...?!

Blimey peoples tones have changed. Couple of months ago, it was albert didnt do anything 2nd half of the season, perhaps he isnt as good as we thought. Yes he played well on tuesday, yes scouts were watching because I was sat directly in front of one but this is the post. How many times have we debated this, this is a nothing story, read nothing into it.

*cough* Leicester signing maynardgerrard *cough*

scuse me

Archived