IGNORED

Albert Off?

citywest30

There is nothing about this deal which sounds good for our club. All our play is from the wings we have no creativity in the center which is ok if you got decent wingers which we have most probably the best in the league. If we sell Albert then what are we left with. Bolaise ? Well he isn't good enough at the moment and if palace get him then were left with Anderson who is unproven at our club and recent form isn't good so gamble on our side. But a good one as he is free and was once a very promising player.

And having 3 million in the bank isn't going to guarantee getting more players in. 4 million and he can go.

If yannick wants the move then being in the final year of his contract we would have no choice but to sell. They need to sit down with him asap and get him to sign a new long term deal, if they haven't tried already.

Not so sure with the Albert story as they claim the move will be funded by the sale of Sinclair but laudrup has already said he isn't going anywhere and they signed the other guy they refer to yesterday.

IMO if Albert doesn't go Swansea I think another prem side will come in against Southampton only friendly I know but best player in city shirt by quite a way expect scouts were there if right price got to sell him. cant stand in his way let's hope he stays but like I said he stands out in our side just my opinion COYR

Liverpool have bid 15 million for Allen today, So expect that transfer offer to be just the opening offer (if of course it is true). They will have a bit of money to burn if Allen leaves.

Aye like I said 4 million for me,

It makes up for the loss on Maynard (sorry) and gives del 2 mill to play with as well as a million in to the coffers

Ultimately its down to the player. If the EP story is accurate and City accept a bid from Swansea and Albert wants to go ( and who could blame him) then its a done deal.

On the other hand, if Albert is happy at City and not money motivated he could decide that he wants to stay and try to reach the PL under McInnes. Should that happen he'd become a greater fans favourite than he already is.

A complete non story

City are holding out for 4 million according to the same paper in may

Personally I would cash in and use the money for a striker and a defender

I wonder if we are speaking to kitson

Presumably your sources, which as we know reach into every corner of the football world, now extend to Swansea, Liverpool and Manchester City, as well as the sports desk of the Post? In what way is this a complete non story? McInnes has bought another right winger; he's used Adomah very sparingly in pre-season; Sinclair is known to be interesting top clubs; Swansea are bound to want a replacement; Albert is probably the best right winger in the Championship. For all the contempt for the Post on this forum, they do actually employ journalists who do a little more than just read this forum.

I fear that both the money offered for Albert and the opportunity for him to play in the Premier League make this an entirely plausible move.

He is an excellent player on his day, and important to our side, but everything considered I can see this as an okay deal of us. As long as it has a sell on, in case he goes the way of Sinclair or Allen, then we'd have done good business.

As for selling Yannick to Palace? Unless there is no prospect of him signing a new deal I think we'd be fools to let him walk to another Championship club, especially one who finished only 7 points ahead of us and look weaker this year compared to last.

With the money we'd have and opportunity to play he'd gain with Albert heading off I think we'd be well placed to give him the opportunity to prove himself this year.

Was beginning to think we may see Albert in a City shirt this season, but it doesn't take a very good scout to see he is too good for our level. I believe he would have had his most consistent season for City this year, with a more balanced side, a full pre-season under Del and also having 2 years experience in the Championship.

I like Bolasie, but with Albert potentially going, Carayol also leaving (the 3 were housemates I am led to believe) he may fancy a move to London. If so £250k plus a substantial sell on % could be ideal.

That leaves us with Anderson and Woolford as 1st choice wingers. We have Bryan who can play out wide and also if we sign Wilson can move Foster as RM/RB cover. Not ideal and we are starting to look weak in an area where previously we were quite feared.

I see my stalker is back,

I never said I had a source, I said according to the same paper 2 months ago they bid 3 million and we turned it down, according to the same paper city had been holding out for 4 million,

Why don't you just find a nice corner curl up and die instead of objecting to every single one of my post you sad piece of shit

I think the bottom line from our perspective is this, as long as we can secure two or three new signings with the money we would realise from an Adomah sell, then at £2-£3m it would be good business.

There are no doubts that on his day Albert can be unplayable, but l feel at times last season our offensive play was very predictable and teams nullified our threat by doubling up on Albert.

That said it would be nice to keep him and sign other players.........

Disposing of Bolasie and Albert at the same time would be foolish IMO.

I think the bottom line from our perspective is this, as long as we can secure two or three new signings with the money we would realise from an Adomah sell, then at £2-£3m it would be good business.

There are no doubts that on his day Albert can be unplayable, but l feel at times last season our offensive play was very predictable and teams nullified our threat by doubling up on Albert.

That said it would be nice to keep him and sign other players.........

Disposing of Bolasie and Albert at the same time would be foolish IMO.

only if one more winger didn't come in otherwise agreed

It seems people are always to eager that we sell our best players, on Tuesday albert was worth the admssion money alone, he is without doubt the best player we have had in my 12 years of suppoorting city and I would be gutted to see him go. I can't understand why people would be happy with only 2/2.5 million for him. I think he's worth 4 at least. Money doesn't buy you happiness albert does!

The season is just about to start, and it is no time to be selling arguably our best (if not most consistent) player, when the fee is barely enough to replace him like-for-like.

We should keep him unless the fee is too good to be true.

Success this season is more important than £2M.

It seems people are always to eager that we sell our best players, on Tuesday albert was worth the admssion money alone, he is without doubt the best player we have had in my 12 years of suppoorting city and I would be gutted to see him go. I can't understand why people would be happy with only 2/2.5 million for him. I think he's worth 4 at least. Money doesn't buy you happiness albert does!

I'd agree; I'd rather keep him.

But there are several problem with avowedly never selling; if we cannot match a players ambitions then they risk becoming unsettled, we might be able to do more with the money they generate or we could risk losing them for a lot less money later on (see Nicky Maynard).

Hopefully this is either guff or we'll get enough money to both replace Albert with someone as good and improve to a point where WE can be the club people want to leave other ones to go to!

I'm not sure the bolasie one has legs, just my opinion but think we may see Albert leave. It just seems to add up with Anderson's arrival. If we got 3mil it's a no brainer for me as if we were to block it I can't see him being happy. At the end of the day, any player would want a chance to play in the premier league. He's done well for us, I think it should be a thanks and good luck departure. He'd leave us with a dam fine profit for 2 years of hard work. That money I'm sure would be spent well by Del.

personally I think albert will still be here in may and we will sell him next season (unless we got promoted however unlikely that may be)

I think he does love it here and another good season he may well attract a bigger club then swansea, He did fade badly last season so the step up may be too soon and could harm his career just like micky

Archived