IGNORED

Albert Off?

citywest30

I ask one simple question? Which wins more

1) A team of decent solid championship players

2) A team with 1 or 2 quality players, some solid players and 4 or 5 not up to the grade

Option number 3 was a team of superstars for those in here deluded enough to think we are in that market. We all know we started last season with option 2 and it didnt work. We know we dont have huge money to spend Del is buyer what he can FOR THE MONEY WE HAVE.

I dont want Albert to go but I think he has to to fund the team, it is after all a team game and we arent going to get much money for selling anyone else.

I would also add that we have to get decent money (3ish million) and that has to fund new signings otherwise its all pointless

Would absolutely hate for either of them to leave.. Albert is a brilliant player at this level, Yannick is getting better by the month.

Keep them both Del.

With you on this Jordan.

What I don't understand is why people are saying things like 'take the money and spend it elsewhere'.

Surely we are not all that naive!? Say we get that money, just how much would be re invested in the team?

On top of that, with the players we have apparently missed out on this summer it goes to show that competition for players is fierce. Having that money would by no means guarantee any quality and clubs and agents would try and take us for all they can as they would no we have more to play with.

Del is trying to assemble a squad, not dismantle one. We should be desperate to hold onto our younger and more promising assets. Many other players should be shifted, but Albert and Yannick is a definite no. Keep them both at all costs.

The article suggests Anderson is considered a worthy replacement. That may be true but along with all the other remarks in that article they do seem to make a lot of it up as they go along. Nothing at all new there then.

Given the choice would we trade Albert for Buzsaky and Baldock? Perhaps on paper that is a no brainer and in practice?.... probably as well.

it would be good to have one decent signing more into the club before and if Albert were to depart not least for the disaster of PR it would be, for the club, if the guy were to go first.

For my two pence worth, I think that, considering the price of a lot of Championship players going to Prem clubs, £2.75 miliion would be robbery. I'd expect at least £4 million for Albert, and with two years left on his contract, we don't need to sell. I'd hope Del can sound him out and encourage him to want to stay. But for the right money, he would go with my blessing.

I think Bolasie needs a lot of improvement, but £250k is derisory considering the costs we've seen for a lot of other players this summer. I'd like to see a one-year extension to his contract. If we sell him, has to be at least half a million.

The article suggests Anderson is considered a worthy replacement. That may be true but along with all the other remarks in that article they do seem to make a lot of it up as they go along. Nothing at all new there then.

Given the choice would we trade Albert for Buzsaky and Baldock? Perhaps on paper that is a no brainer and in practice?.... probably as well.

it would be good to have one decent signing more into the club before and if Albert were to depart not least for the disaster of PR it would be, for the club, if the guy were to go first.

If the stories are true then Baldock wouldnt come here no matter what we payed WH, making your argument pointless.

For my two pence worth, I think that, considering the price of a lot of Championship players going to Prem clubs, £2.75 miliion would be robbery. I'd expect at least £4 million for Albert, and with two years left on his contract, we don't need to sell. I'd hope Del can sound him out and encourage him to want to stay. But for the right money, he would go with my blessing.

I think Bolasie needs a lot of improvement, but £250k is derisory considering the costs we've seen for a lot of other players this summer. I'd like to see a one-year extension to his contract. If we sell him, has to be at least half a million.

Agreed. The bit about Bolassie is just an article filler imo.

If City signed a couple more players of real quality not only would we be genuine contenders but we would encourage a player like Adomah to laugh off any suggestion of a move which, of course, he may be doing anyway.

I'd want over £4m for Albert and even then I'd rather keep him. Players with his sort of ability are rare enough to go to lengths to keep him. However if he asks for a transfer we can do nothing other than get the best fee, there's no point in holding a player back.

Taking the money isn't going to make a centre half and a striker materialize. It's been said many times but transfer fees are not the problem, wages are. Getting a one off fee for a player is unlikely to see the board authorise additional wage spending.

Anyway, I hope he'll stay, IMO Swansea will be down next season anyway with Rogers gone and we are (albeit slowly) starting to move in the right direction.

What we ought to do though is offer him a new contract (along with Pitman and Stead).

THIS.

A minimum of 4million, this guy is on of the most exciting, proven players in the league.....he has virtually carried us over the past 2 seasons.

We are trying to build, not destroy the squad....Getting rid so close to the start of the season would be suicide.

If the stories are true then Baldock wouldnt come here no matter what we payed WH, making your argument pointless.

If this happened or that happened or didn't happen then every remark would be pointless my friend. We are having a discussion about rumour so by your argument everything you, I or anybody else says is.. pointless.

I'd want over £4m for Albert and even then I'd rather keep him. Players with his sort of ability are rare enough to go to lengths to keep him. However if he asks for a transfer we can do nothing other than get the best fee, there's no point in holding a player back.

Taking the money isn't going to make a centre half and a striker materialize. It's been said many times but transfer fees are not the problem, wages are. Getting a one off fee for a player is unlikely to see the board authorise additional wage spending.

Anyway, I hope he'll stay, IMO Swansea will be down next season anyway with Rogers gone and we are (albeit slowly) starting to move in the right direction.

What we ought to do though is offer him a new contract (along with Pitman and Stead).

Couldn't agree more mate and pretty much what I said earlier in the thread.

The wingers we currently have at our disposal excite me this season and I think we have so many good options out wide that providing me keep Albert, Del won't be looking for this creative midfielder that everyone is banging on about! Unless he can find a bargain of course!

You make a good point there. We were only wondering on Tuesday night, the reason for Anderson having not had a great deal of game time so far in pre season.

Surely, if any move for Albert was in the offing or at serious negotiation stage and Anderson was seen as his replacement, then he would be getting more time on the pitch to bring him upto speed. Not to mention the fact of risk of injury to Albert, if we were about to cash in on him

Anderson when fully fit will be an excellent addition, but judging by pre season and his limited game time he isn't ready yet fitness wise.

Albert on the right and Anderson on the left is a pretty exciting pair, especially of we can get Cunningham and Wilson behind them.

Anderson definately hasn't been brought as Alberts replacement though, RW isn't even his Main position.

Hang on a moment, this forum was very quick to say that Anderson was deffo on the left because he said as much, now with speculation from the EP which has hardly been the most reliable of sources, the forum is happy to agree that he will play on the right once, Adomah and Bolasie go? Just checking

Who is "this forum"? There are lots of posters with different opinions, so there's no contradiction is there?

Anderson says himself he prefers the left, and he's played left wing and left of a front three in the friendlies I've seen.

THIS IS THE POST THEY JUST NEEDED SOMETHING TO WRITE, THEY HAVE JUST MADE IT UP, NO SUBSTANCE WHATSOEVER. SWANSEA MAY BE INTERESTED, I THINK MANY WILL BE, BUT ALBERT ISNT GOING ANYWHERE YET, IF HE DOES THE POST WOULDNT BE THE FIRST TO FIND OUT. Breathe.............

Rubbish. The Post isn't the first to find out. Swansea's interest in Adomah has been flagged in the national press for over a month now. You are being very naive about the behaviour of football clubs (who have press offices which work very closely with local media) and agents if you think that articles like this are made up by newspapers.

Ok time to be controversial.

Has it occurred to anybody why Albert has played better recently?? The Transfer window is open.

Why did his form drop after January? The window was shut....

I know for a fact (unnamed source wont reveal so please don't ask!!) that he sulked when he didn't get a big move in January..

So if the bid is made and accepted let him go, it will be for the best.

I don't want him to go but if he's not happy then sell.

Rubbish. The Post isn't the first to find out. Swansea's interest in Adomah has been flagged in the national press for over a month now. You are being very naive about the behaviour of football clubs (who have press offices which work very closely with local media) and agents if you think that articles like this are made up by newspapers.

No sir this is rubbish. I should of said we know that swans are interested and not 'may', but I would be suprised if anything has changed in the last 3 months as far as swans stepping up their interest is concerned. The post are notorious for this, how many times has this subject cropped up. They do not work close with the local media at all. This is just a story, for storys sake.

'In General' I'm sorry I didn't realise that I had to 'sign post', literally everything for you NIbor. I was querying the general concensus on the board, when people in this thread in general seem to accept what the EP has said that Anderson could be a replacement for Adomah on the right, when most have confirmed (including yourself with your quantfier) that he plays on the left.

Thanks for that Nibor, thants.

Anderson is a left winger end of he isn't a replacement for Albert, I doubt a bid has even been made

'In General' I'm sorry I didn't realise that I had to 'sign post', literally everything for you NIbor. I was querying the general concensus on the board, when people in this thread in general seem to accept what the EP has said that Anderson could be a replacement for Adomah on the right, when most have confirmed (including yourself with your quantfier) that he plays on the left.

You made a smart arse remark that was obviously nonsense and it got pointed out. Settle down.

Albert is worth no more than 3 million at the most. If has a season like he had the back end of last then he would be worth half of that. We have Pearson, Anderson , woolford and Bolasie that can play wide so if we get offered 3 million then he will be gone. Personnally i would rather see him stay but if we get 3 mill to get a quality centre half , and enable us to pay Baldock enought to come here then i would be happy

Out of interest; ho long is on Albert's deal? If it is 2 years we are in a nice position; we don't HAVE to sell, so we're able to negotiate from a strong starting point.

I'd also suggest that even if he was keen on going to the Prem, Albert has never some across as the type of player who'd sulk or agitate for a move, so I'd not expect his form to suffer. In fact he seem the type of lad to take it as a massive compliment and throw himself into his work. He has always seemed grateful for just having the chance to be a pro footballer, never seemed entitled.

That said, due to this I'd also hate to stand in his way, because he seems such a nice chap. But doesn't mean we shouldn't get our money's worth. Less than £3million would be a joke, but I cannot see us getting over £4.5 for him.

Out of interest; ho long is on Albert's deal? If it is 2 years we are in a nice position; we don't HAVE to sell, so we're able to negotiate from a strong starting point.

I'd also suggest that even if he was keen on going to the Prem, Albert has never some across as the type of player who'd sulk or agitate for a move, so I'd not expect his form to suffer. In fact he seem the type of lad to take it as a massive compliment and throw himself into his work. He has always seemed grateful for just having the chance to be a pro footballer, never seemed entitled.

That said, due to this I'd also hate to stand in his way, because he seems such a nice chap. But doesn't mean we shouldn't get our money's worth. Less than £3million would be a joke, but I cannot see us getting over £4.5 for him.

It is two more years so we don't _have_ to sell, but equally we need to extend that before it gets anywhere near a year.

Albert is worth no more than 3 million at the most. If has a season like he had the back end of last then he would be worth half of that. We have Pearson, Anderson , woolford and Bolasie that can play wide so if we get offered 3 million then he will be gone. Personnally i would rather see him stay but if we get 3 mill to get a quality centre half , and enable us to pay Baldock enought to come here then i would be happy

Agreed, Albert Adomah was pony in the second half of last season, and pretty much the entirity of this forum agreed. 3m would be very good for business for this club and represent an exceptional profit for a player signed only 2 years ago. I would like to think the money could be invested elsewhere, in particular 2 commanding centre halfs and a creative midfielder, given City the strong spine that it needs and has so sadly lacked in the last 3 seasons

It is two more years so we don't _have_ to sell, but equally we need to extend that before it gets anywhere near a year.

I'd agree.

If this 'scare' passes and he stays put, then I'd suggest we offer him another year. Means if they return in Jan/next summer we'll do the same dance, without losing the lead.

Plus, if he and we have a good first half of the season/full season then a bang in-form Championship player in his mid-twenties with two years on his deal, al la Shane Long last season, can command serious money. Using him as a barometer, and supposing we got a bit less due to Albert his having no experience above Championship-level and minor international status, then I'd say £4 million minimum would not be an unreasonable amount to expect for him.

As I said, right now that would be the topper most fee he could command, more likely around £3 million.

Archived