IGNORED

Why Aren't You Going Tomorrow? (Tuesday)

_Bristol-City_

I agree with this. If we could have sat in our normal seats in the Dolman I would have driven the gang from Taunton for the match. Having suffered the misery of sitting in the Williams - I have vowed "never again"! It's a pity because we usually go to every home match and a reasonable number of away games.

Same for me. Football is supposed to be in the entertainment business (though sometimes difficult to believe!). City should give the customers what they want – i.e. some want to sit in the Dolman or Atyeo. IMO what City save by only using 2 stands will be less than the amount lost from some fans not attending.

You mean it may not be POTD?

I don't know the club normally say on the day before if it is don't they. Only worry that it wouldn't be if they were worried the williams would overfil if it was potd but can't see that happening. There is another thread asking about it which I just noticed. My fault for leaving the tickets to last minute

Hard life innit!

It is this season, gonna cut the football down this year. Went to 30 games last season but started to lose interest, only thing i want to do this season is Rotherham, York & Fleetwood to get back to 92 grounds and P'boro away. Will do a few other games but this winter I want to head to Canada and Europe skiing instead of football.

I'd much prefer a regional mini league format instead of early rounds though,

so at least there would be some derbies against Gas, Swindon, Cheltenham and Yeovil plus Plymouth, Torquay, Exeter.

Would be closer to travel midweek to away games too.

I think this is a great idea - 20 groups of 4 teams, seeded, winner qualifies for the next round. If you had semi-finals at a neutral venue, would mean less matches for the teams in Europe. If you had regional "pools" of either 5x16, 4x12 (+ 2x16) or 10x8 teams, you would keep it a little varied, but also create a feel a bit like the 6 nations, playing the same teams more often. There would also be a one in three chance of playing the Gas every season in a competitive game ****il they got relegated out of the football league). I think it would really re-invigorate the cup.

Having said that, I'm not going because I live in London. I'd be going tomorrow night otherwise.

Have kept turning up for the 1st round cup games for the last few seasons and have witnessed some abysmal and inexcusable performances against lower league opposition as others have mentioned.

Now I'm obviously hoping this game will be different with Del at the helm. Me and Mrs Brizzle were ready to turn up as usual, but after finding we can't pay online and get it added to our season ticket seats in the Atyeo, we'll be giving it a miss. I really can't take this game that seriously, if the club are treating it in the same way as they do a friendly.

My problem is, my wife and I chose to get season tickets in the Atyeo, which we've had for a few years now. To be told by the club that we can't in our chosen seats, and instead have to watch the match in a ground empty on two sides, doesn't give me that much confidence that the club taking this game any more seriously than in the last few years.

So, my money will staying in my pocket until I'm able to watch a game from the seat of my choice and can feel fairly confident the club are taking the game seriously.

I'll be there tomorrow, with a mate who's seen City 5 times, all losses and not a single goal scored by us. Sorry in advance!

Your mates record is almost bad as Millens.

I'm confident his record will change though.

After deciding against this one initially, I think I will go, all this build up has got me in the mood.

Genuinely can't be assed.

I renewed my season ticket as early as i could, but ever since have had a general wave of apathy wash over me. I'm sure once the season starts i'll be as engrossed as ever, but whether it be age, family circumstances (i now have 2 kids) or running a business, something seems to have made this post season particularly unremarkable and uninteresting.

I went to Louis' testimonial, which was a giggle, but only because we were playing Rovers.

It's like Forest away. This is a quality opening fixture and a younger me would have everything already booked, but not this time.

I suppose i'm not a real fan anymore :o(

Yep, I'm going, tenner, ten minute walk and I have a pound on us winning 4-0, as a footy fan I'm ever the optimist......and sometimes deluded . Del will have them working hard and competing IMO so it will be a good start to the season. Coyr

Wooden seat with posts in the way or seat with no back - with posts in the way?

Ummm, i'll stay at home.

The Williams enclosure (or whatever it's proper name is now) has plastic seats, with a back and no posts int he way.

Sorted!

If you can afford it and have no other obligations, there is no excuse for not being there tonight.

As someone else said, if we win tonight & draw Manure in the next round, the non-attenders would be desperate to get a ticket for that one..........IMO they wouldn't deserve one.

BCAGFC

I'll be there. First proper home game with something riding on the actual game. Eager to see Morris and Anderson in action and Joe Bryan if he gets the nod at left back. Expect the crowd would have been a lot bigger tonight if some of the rumoured signings had been signed up and announced over the weekend.

As for the complaints about just the Williams and Wedlock being open, I can see it being a pain to have to move away from your normal seat, but for a tenner a good opportunity to sample a game at the gate from a different vantage point. I'm confident that we'll do a lot better than in recent cup games I've watched at home (Sheff Weds, Swindle, Carlisle etc)! COYRS!!

Really?? Cos they have chosen not to go, on that basis if we draw manure in the next round the attendance will be about 5k.

As I said, there is no excuse not going tonight if you can afford it, don't have other obligations or illness. The people who miss tonight & then would demand a ticket if we drew Manure are just gloryhunters IMO.

You know the ones, average 12k in the league and then 40k at wembley or the millenium.

BCAGFC

Archived