IGNORED

Food Vouchers Arrived

formerly known as ivan

• Admin

they could of given you nothing don't be so ungreatful

Loving your posts today, you have defended the team / the club / the manager on absolutely EVERYTHING !

Can I borrow those rose tinted specs please, I would love to be seeing things from your perspective...

The thing I dont agree with on the forms is that you have TWO games to use the vouchers in, and you have to use them by a specified time.

So I have to get to the ground earlier than I normally would and then spend more money in the overpriced DEH

I am sure we all knew it would be money OFF vouchers and not FREE foods vouchers, but to have match restrictions and you can't use them after 14:30 is effing ridiculous!

I am not going to use mine in protest! Oh hang on.... That is why they done it this way!

But if you do use them they win too. /Genius isn't it?The only way to come out on top vs city is not to pay them anything!

Loving your posts today, you have defended the team / the club / the manager on absolutely EVERYTHING !

Can I borrow those rose tinted specs please, I would love to be seeing things from your perspective...

The thing I dont agree with on the forms is that you have TWO games to use the vouchers in, and you have to use them by a specified time.

So I have to get to the ground earlier than I normally would and then spend more money in the overpriced DEH

please explain to me how the club are ripping you off,

they promised food vouchers and thats what they have given you

they promised £10 off a shirt I've taken them up on that offer,

They've promised you can bring a friend to a game for a tenner and set matches for it I will be taking them up on that,

you don't have to buy the season ticket and frankly if the only reason you brought the ticket is to get £12 quid in food vouchers and a tenner off the shirt and not to you know actually support the club the **** off and watch the gas

They've promised you can bring a friend to a game for a tenner and set matches for it I will be taking them up on that,

you don't have to buy the season ticket and frankly if the only reason you brought the ticket is to get £12 quid in food vouchers and a tenner off the shirt and not to you know actually support the club the **** off and watch the gas

Where is the money off though????

Its buy xxx to get xxx free.

If the £10 off a shirt was buy one shirt, get £10 off the other one, on x day before x time, would you have taken that up??

How is it untrue?

As I said, it depends. To people who regularly purchase food and drink during matches it may well be of some benefit, and perhaps I overstated the exaggeration factor on that front. However, for people who generally do not purchase food and drink during matches, there is no benefit at all.

Granted, it is all about choice, of course it is. But you simply can't describe it as a benefit to those who would have to spend more money again to use their vouchers. Whatever way you look at it, they end up out of pocket.

I'm not fussed because I don't use kiosks at the ground and I certainly didn't renew to save a few quid on that front, but the issue here is that people are claiming that it is misleading and I agree with them. That's all.

• Admin

Who the hell are you to say that !!!

Show me where I said that I was being ripped off....

Read my comment AGAIN

"The thing I dont agree with on the forms is that you have TWO games to use the vouchers in, and you have to use them by a specified time.

So I have to get to the ground earlier than I normally would and then spend more money in the overpriced DEH"

Where is the money off though????

Its buy xxx to get xxx free.

If the £10 off a shirt was buy one shirt, get £10 off the other one, on x day before x time, would you have taken that up??

yes I would of as I normally buy my two nephews their kit for the season,

if you use the voucher you will make a saving if you don't use the voucher the club aren't goign to hold you a knife point and take 4 quid off you or how ever much a pie is these days,

like with everything on this board people are knocking the club for trying to do somthing positive

might as well re-name the ******* place to We Hate All Things CIty instead of OTIB

The club has come up with an incentive which if used under the correct criteria will give you "added value" to the value of £25..........its no different to sainsburys offering a 2 for 1, you still have to buy something first to get something free in "participating stores" sometimes on or by a certain date..........I dont see the problem

If I take advantage of the deal, I gain and the club gains....so be it.How many people moaning about this are also moaning about the club not "splasing the cash" on transfers and wages?.

With FFP around the corner, the club are going to have to come up with many ways of bringing in extra income to compete but at the same time be able to offer fans some incentives.....in the case of the vouchers, they've done that

Whilst I think 'ha what a joke' I do have to remind myself that I'm not interested in any of the overpriced crap that's on offer at the Gate- pie/ hotdog/ burger.... I might occasionally have a tea or a bovril but that's it!

Have one against Derby or Watford and you'll get a free mince pie !! Happy Xmas.

There is no value or point in the vouchers, simple as.

Firstly if you go on your own what is the benefit of buying one hotdog and getting another.

As for saying its like a supermarket offer, it isn't. In their offers its usually buy one get one free, not buy one then buy something else to get something free.

As for some of it only being on offer in the dolman bar, another way of trying to make money!

At the end of the day I was going to renew anyway but thought how good it was of the club to offer something back to the supporters who have put up with the crap on display for so long but continue to do so for their love of the club. When actually there is no benefit to this offer at all. Should have left it to the bring a friend for free offer!

But at least we have the football on the pitch to look forward too!

I see that this fabulous offer is only available to the owner of the season ticket so you can't pass it on to someone who actually buys from the kiosks. Presumably you will have to prove your ownership to take advantage of the offer. That should help any queue that might have formed. :whistle:

I see that this fabulous offer is only available to the owner of the season ticket so you can't pass it on to someone who actually buys from the kiosks. Presumably you will have to prove your ownership to take advantage of the offer. That should help any queue that might have formed. :whistle:

your not surpose to give your season ticket to some one for them to use if you can't make the game but people do it won't be policed

There is no value or point in the vouchers, simple as.

Firstly if you go on your own what is the benefit of buying one hotdog and getting another.

As for saying its like a supermarket offer, it isn't. In their offers its usually buy one get one free, not buy one then buy something else to get something free.

As for some of it only being on offer in the dolman bar, another way of trying to make money!

At the end of the day I was going to renew anyway but thought how good it was of the club to offer something back to the supporters who have put up with the crap on display for so long but continue to do so for their love of the club. When actually there is no benefit to this offer at all. Should have left it to the bring a friend for free offer!

But at least we have the football on the pitch to look forward too!

so the buy a bottle of 7up and get a famiuly bag of dorito's free I got in asda the other week didn't exsist then

I'm not bothered about it being linked to another purchase, and could have expected that.

I do, however, think that putting a time limit on it is just bloody underhand. I never go to a match half an hour before kick off, and I'm not going to just so I can get a free chips in the Dolman Exhibition Hall. Which I also never go to in any event (I don't even know if I can get in there as an Atyeo season ticket holder). What am I supposed to do once I've eaten? Sit around and listen to the music?

Seriously obnoxious from the club, and the first time I've felt moved to criticise them in years (I try to be a mindless happy clapper). What pathetic, miserly, pointless behaviour. A waste of time and money even designing the vouchers, let alone printing them.

I'm not bothered about it being linked to another purchase, and could have expected that.

I do, however, think that putting a time limit on it is just bloody underhand. I never go to a match half an hour before kick off, and I'm not going to just so I can get a free chips in the Dolman Exhibition Hall. Which I also never go to in any event (I don't even know if I can get in there as an Atyeo season ticket holder). What am I supposed to do once I've eaten? Sit around and listen to the music?

Seriously obnoxious from the club, and the first time I've felt moved to criticise them in years (I try to be a mindless happy clapper). What pathetic, miserly, pointless behaviour. A waste of time and money even designing the vouchers, let alone printing them.

can't disagree with that

Not that it matters to most but as a vegetarian these vouchers are about as useful as a chocolate teapot!!!!

Smells like :gasmask: to me. Take your leftie-leaning, tree-hugging, hippie-loving vegetarianism up the memorial. :tounge:

PS Are the vouchers just on particular meat pies then?

At least some of you have been sent stuff!

The last communication I had from the club was the flyer asking me to renew (which I did). I can only assume that the postman will be delivering my vouchers over the next week or so.

In terms of the food vouchers (I've just checked the flyer) it says.... '£25.00 of food vouchers to spend at the refurbished Ashton Gate' the fact you can 'spend them' rather than use them to compliment a purchase would suggest they have a perceived monetary value. If you, for example, took out a motor insurance policy and it came with a 'free £20 M&S voucher' you'd assume that this would have the benefit of allowing you to go in to that retailer and exchange it for goods to that value - without needing to be in the shop before 'x' time and then you could only use it if you were buying something else. Given that three of the other added benefits include in their description title 'discount', '£5.00 off', 'Money Off at selected events' and 'Exclusive savings' if the food vouchers are anything but a credit-note/gift voucher to the tune of £25.00 then I'd be feeling deceived.

I dare say that it'll be clear when the vouchers get posted, but any idea how often the stadium tours take place and what's the process for booking one? (Granted, I could direct this at my 'own account manager' but the ticket office seems a bit busy at the moment).

I won't even get in to the 'Free access to the Dolman Hall at EVERY matchday' - just because it seemed closed for the Southampton friendly was probably me just missing the entry.

At least some of you have been sent stuff!

The last communication I had from the club was the flyer asking me to renew (which I did). I can only assume that the postman will be delivering my vouchers over the next week or so.

In terms of the food vouchers (I've just checked the flyer) it says.... '£25.00 of food vouchers to spend at the refurbished Ashton Gate' the fact you can 'spend them' rather than use them to compliment a purchase would suggest they have a perceived monetary value. If you, for example, took out a motor insurance policy and it came with a 'free £20 M&S voucher' you'd assume that this would have the benefit of allowing you to go in to that retailer and exchange it for goods to that value - without needing to be in the shop before 'x' time and then you could only use it if you were buying something else. Given that three of the other added benefits include in their description title 'discount', '£5.00 off', 'Money Off at selected events' and 'Exclusive savings' if the food vouchers are anything but a credit-note/gift voucher to the tune of £25.00 then I'd be feeling deceived.

I dare say that it'll be clear when the vouchers get posted, but any idea how often the stadium tours take place and what's the process for booking one? (Granted, I could direct this at my 'own account manager' but the ticket office seems a bit busy at the moment).

I won't even get in to the 'Free access to the Dolman Hall at EVERY matchday' - just because it seemed closed for the Southampton friendly was probably me just missing the entry.

I'm relatively confident it was shut for the Gillingham game. However, as I was stuck with my knees around my chin in the Williams, I can't be sure of that.

This value-led 2012/13 season ticket package (click for PDF download) will reward the loyalty to season ticket holders with all of the following:

- Your seat for the season

- Your own Account Manager: for queries & extra tickets

- £10 off Home and Away Shirt

- £12 off Food and Drink to spend at the new kiosks

- Free Programme: for one league game

- Free access to Dolman Exhibition Hall

- Community Trust discount on coaching courses

- £5 off official away coach travel

- Free ground tour

That from the offical site, makes it sound like it will be £12 off to spend a the the "new" kiosks. Nothing about, buy this and get this free etc.

To me, that is a simple £12 off, we all knew it wouldnt be, but why should the club try to dress it up as something its not.

I rung up the Community trust today to book my son on one of there term off football coaching and didn't receive a discount. Was told somehing along the lines of that's a different area off the club.

so the buy a bottle of 7up and get a famiuly bag of dorito's free I got in asda the other week didn't exsist then

Your missing the point!

With your example you bought one thing and got another free.

With the food vouchers you have already paid for a season ticket, then you have to buy another thing to then use the voucher.

That's like you going to the shop, buying a pizza, wanting the free drink but having to buy the ice cream that you don't actually want to get the crisps!

The least the club could have done was made it clear how it would work and not have the stupid conditions around it.

It's quite obvious they left it this late to release the vouchers

Archived