IGNORED

Food Vouchers Arrived

formerly known as ivan

Your wrong, ashton gate hosted one game of American football. I think it was during the 1997-1998 season, they used the wrong paint so the markings on the pitch stayed there longer than they should have.

Yep, i can 2nd this, the next game was live on TV, the pitch looked awful!

Just hoping some from the club can communicate with us fans about the previous postings.

As I think all this stick is unfair on OUR club.

Bristol City and Hull City are using a replica kit design that appears identical. Bristol City have offered a ten pound discount to fans who bought season tickets. However Bristol City's shirt is 12% more expensive than Hull City's. Offering a discount, but then increasing a products price is a marketing practice familiar to supermarkets and their consumers, not a community based football club.

Also with the vouchers they can only be used in the dolman hall. Not everyone uses this and I certainly don't!

Thought the £10 of a shirt was good until it was pointed out about the cost compared to previous seasons/clubs.

Waiting to see what the twist is for the bring a friend for free offer other than its only on selected games. Probably to claim this the person will also need to purchase two further full prices tickets!

Also with the vouchers they can only be used in the dolman hall. Not everyone uses this and I certainly don't!

Thought the £10 of a shirt was good until it was pointed out about the cost compared to previous seasons/clubs.

Waiting to see what the twist is for the bring a friend for free offer other than its only on selected games. Probably to claim this the person will also need to purchase two further full prices tickets!

On the last point, who knows.

Twice last season I went to the ground to buy a 'bring a friend for a tenner' ticket and twice was told that I could only have the ticket for a tenner if I purchased a full price ticket at the same time. This confused me. I pointed out that I already had a season ticket (hence my qualification for the offer) so I would actually be £10 down if I purchased one ticket at full price and one at the discounted price and would also end up with a ticket that I didn't want. I was then told that this was the offer. In the end the individual rang someone up and it was alright, but it was funny that it happened twice...

Been following this thread from the start and its occurred to me that if the club make a offer to entice fans then it should be as clear and as simple as possible.

It seems crazy to me that the 'free food' only applies in one stand and then only if you buy something more expensive to qualify for you 'free food'. The blatant manipulation of the £10 off a replica shirt is another example of inadequate planning as is the 'bring a friend for free' which now has previously unmentioned restrictions applied.

The club have now left themselves wide open to heaps of unwelcome criticism over what seemed to be a generous gesture when they first announced the 'benefits' of buying a ST.

That said, I doubt anyone senior at the club gives a fig. They have the ST money up front already. Job done.

Oh dear oh dear.

Such a shame to read all this, since Steve Lansdown moved away this club has been getting further and further away from the supporters.

I feel all you have a right to be annoyed about this, as mentioned above it is the sort of "Deals" that you expect to see from supermarkets *Spit*. EG: Beans are £1 week one, week ten they go up to £2, week eleven they go back to £1 and the supermarket says its 50% off normal price. People think they are getting a good deal so buy more but really they are just paying the same.

A shame that the club is being run in such a way but I stopped going ages ago because it's all firmly about business now.

It's true that the issues raised in this thread are pretty small on the whole of it, but it's the principle that really gets on peoples nerves. I suggest you all complain to the club and external agencies too, especially the press if they are interested. :) Good luck!

Been following this thread from the start and its occurred to me that if the club make a offer to entice fans then it should be as clear and as simple as possible.

It seems crazy to me that the 'free food' only applies in one stand and then only if you buy something more expensive to qualify for you 'free food'. The blatant manipulation of the £10 off a replica shirt is another example of inadequate planning as is the 'bring a friend for free' which now has previously unmentioned restrictions applied.

The club have now left themselves wide open to heaps of unwelcome criticism over what seemed to be a generous gesture when they first announced the 'benefits' of buying a ST.

That said, I doubt anyone senior at the club gives a fig. They have the ST money up front already. Job done.

All very true. Trouble is that this sort of thing just annoys people and just burns up goodwill. Time will come when some people don't bother renewing their season ticket - not because of any one big thing but due to an accumulation of small irritations. We need to be doing things to spread goodwill and get better gates. This ain't the way to go about it.

I am afraid this is just another case of the hierarchy taking the paying customers for mugs.

After all the PR disasters, they continue to take the piss out of the paying customer.

I am so glad I didn't renew, i will pick and choose this season, as much as I wanted to stop going altogether, i am trying to ween myself off this thing called football. i may got to 8-10 games this season. But this board have taken the piss so much over the past few years, they have lost out on a season ticket sale here, and after this debacle, I wonder what else the will do in the future.

My nephews i have persuaded to play football rather than get hooked going down the gate to get ripped off in future life. So that is 3 less sales along with another 2 of mates of mine who are getting fed up with what is on offer, not only on the pitch but more importantly off it.

This board is so out of touch it beggars belief!

All very true. Trouble is that this sort of thing just annoys people and just burns up goodwill. Time will come when some people don't bother renewing their season ticket - not because of any one big thing but due to an accumulation of small irritations. We need to be doing things to spread goodwill and get better gates. This ain't the way to go about it.

Quite right. I'd like to think that nobody was sufficiently fussed about any of the advertised benefits to sway their decision on buying a season ticket one way or the other. There is absolutely no need for the club to insult people's intelligence in this manner by resorting to cheap marketing ploys.

In my opinion we've already been rewarded with loyalty by having the lowest championship prices for season tickets. We didn't need these food vouchers, I'd rather they gave something to charity !

You sir, have hit the nail on the head.

Whilst the club is currently in the "state" that it is, quite rightly, fans should not be paying high prices for season tickets as the football we watch is so diabolical. People should at least take this into account that the club has acknowledged this and adjusted their prices accordingly. Offering the cheapest ST's in the Championship is pretty good if you ask me, especially considering we are certainly not the worst team in the Championship either (bite tongue!).

In my opinion we've already been rewarded with loyalty by having the lowest championship prices for season tickets. We didn't need these food vouchers, I'd rather they gave something to charity !

Exactly right.

I would go as far to say that virtually none of those who purchased season tickets were 'enticed' to do so by the clubs amateur attempts to offer sweeteners. The more I think about it the more pathetic it all seems.

Exactly right.

I would go as far to say that virtually none of those who purchased season tickets were 'enticed' to do so by the clubs amateur attempts to offer sweeteners. The more I think about it the more pathetic it all seems.

It really is embarrassing.

How they have the audacity to make themselves look like they are giving you a good deal. When in fact they are taking the piss out of loyal customers, i would hope they would have seen their loyal customers as a bit more than a cash cow. But I guess we can see what the board really think of the supporters if they are willfully going to take the piss like this.

I wouldn't have bought a season ticket because of these "incentives". But if you are going to give "incentives" don't take the piss, good will only lasts so long!

Your wrong, ashton gate hosted one game of American football. I think it was during the 1997-1998 season, they used the wrong paint so the markings on the pitch stayed there longer than they should have.

I'm far from wrong matey. Ashton Gate may well have hosted a game of American Football, but the one me and Bristol Rob are talking about is the one which I know that I attended and ate lots of dogs - and that was at Eastville circa 86.

Not that any of that matters anyhow.

Come on City - make the vouchers valid all game and you'll turn most of this around. 2.30pm is bit of a joke really.

I could care less about the vouchers anyone who thought we were going to be given free stuff is rather naive I'm afraid.

Btw the American football game was followed by Watford at home we drew 1-1 Rob Edwards scored

Blast from the past, he was a good ging, a bit Skuse like, too much of a utility player, he was better than that.

just looked at mine absolutely disgusting and to make it worse they run out 30 minutes before kick off , not that i was expecting much more to be honest , none the less thats a kick in the teeth , pasty for me and kfc for lad i think , id rather give my money to the traders around the ground than the money grabbing b***tards in it

The thing that amuses me most about this fiasco is there is no response from the club.

A couple of weeks ago someone praised the ticketing staff and someone from the club was really quick to come on this board and accept the praise offered.

Unfortunately it seems that they aren't willing to come on here and face the hard questions.

Poor, very poor.

But we quite possibly have the worst football and thinking about it, close to if not the worst facilities and we may well finish bottom (please come back to haunt me!) so damn right our prices should be as cheap as possible.

The thing that amuses me most about this fiasco is there is no response from the club.

A couple of weeks ago someone praised the ticketing staff and someone from the club was really quick to come on this board and accept the praise offered.

Unfortunately it seems that they aren't willing to come on here and face the hard questions.

Poor, very poor.

There's a siege mentality within the club which is used to absorb criticism. It won't be acknowledged that they messed up on this one.That would be like admitting an own goal and show the club in a bad light.

There's a siege mentality within the club which is used to absorb criticism. It won't be acknowledged that they messed up on this one.That would be like admitting an own goal and show the club in a bad light.

It seem the club are normally happy to ignore things, so they do not admit they were wrong. Take the eastend for example, 5 years to make it like any other stand, i think it was due to the fact they didnt want to say they made mistakes in the first place.

One thing I'll add about the food.... show me the healthy option. I ballooned up to 16stone eating burgers, hot dogs and crap like that, not all football fans are fat unhealthy people! Why can't I have a healthy option? Honestly I doubt they even think about the fans, it's that out of date "football fans want beer and crap, all of them!" attitude that makes this club feel dated. I've lost 2 and a half stone int he last 2 months just by cutting out crap and if I lose a couple more I have no doubt I'll be back to playing football and who knows, maybe then I'll find my passion for this club again.

It's about time this club stopped living in the past and started to try and deliver what a modern football fans wants as well as one who is old enough to be my dad!

Archived