IGNORED

Food Vouchers Arrived

formerly known as ivan

I would presume that the 'offers' made to us are part of our contract with the club. We are bound by many terms in that contract - which I cannot find anywhere on the website - if anyone can I would very much like to find it!

Since the passing of The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 the club is also bound by a number of provisions. I think that most 'reasonable' fans understand many elements of the offer - the tenner of a shirt for example is fairly straightforward as is the free programme. However, to quote '£12 of food vouchers to spend at the refurbished Ashton Gate. Money off at various kiosks' wouild be read by most 'reasonable' people as being a discount of some sort that is not contingent on any other activity other than the holding of a season ticket. I do not think it reasonable that the club have both required us to spend money to 'save' money and time limited the offer to specific times before a game.

It is precisely these sort of provisions in consumer contracts that the UTCC regulations were designed to deal with. Obviously without a ruling from the OFT it is difficult to know if the club are indeed in breach of the law - but at the very least they are in breach of the spirit of basic consumer contracting practice and seem to want to rank themselves alongside dodgy finance houses and airlines that try to catch you out at every turn. This is not what I would expect of City.

I did phone with view to getting this addressed with my dedicated accounts manager, it was some scottish bloke called Derek, he sounded too busy to take my request seriously.

Did he ask if you can play centre half?

PS: These vouchers are a joke and we have been misled. We should have been informed that the player highlights would not be online until Mondays before subscribing too.

• Admin

For anyone worrying about not getting the email with the vouchers.

Get someone to print them off for you, they are not personalised in any way - you just have to show your ST with your voucher to get use the voucher.

Assume if you went to the club they would hand them over to you

All this 'clever' marketing crap really annoys me.... few 'offers' nowadays are simple and straightforward, why they couldn't have simply stated what the offer was going to be and let it contain exactly what it says on the tin is beyond me... Nothing at all would have been better than 'something in nothing'.

Should've just kept things simple City and went with something like : Buy Two for the price of Three and Get One Free! ... innit..

Not happy with the way pBcfc have gone about this, I always renew by season ticket straight away so this made no difference, but having told my loyalty would be rewarded by some money off vouchers then happy days. I suspect the marketing department were slapping each other on there backs at how cleaverly they could give away £25 of vouchers to everone but make the redemption rate so low and cover its own costs with the conditional purchase element of the offer. Why only £25, could have offered a £100 worth as makes no difference.

This is a very poorly I'll conceived marketing con to its most loyal customers, that whilst makes no difference to me will affect a number of families on a budget who were expecting some free or at least easy to use catering vouchers.

Whilst we have problems scoring we have no problems scoring own goals and shafting the fans

Not happy with the way pBcfc have gone about this, I always renew by season ticket straight away so this made no difference, but having told my loyalty would be rewarded by some money off vouchers then happy days. I suspect the marketing department were slapping each other on there backs at how cleaverly they could give away £25 of vouchers to everone but make the redemption rate so low and cover its own costs with the conditional purchase element of the offer. Why only £25, could have offered a £100 worth as makes no difference.

This is a very poorly I'll conceived marketing con to its most loyal customers, that whilst makes no difference to me will affect a number of families on a budget who were expecting some free or at least easy to use catering vouchers.

Whilst we have problems scoring we have no problems scoring own goals and shafting the fans

Not happy about this at all, but then someone once described marketing as organised lying and I could only agree. Mistake that we all make is that we always believe this rubbish, despite experience. How about we all take them at the word and complain to our 'dedicated Account Manager'?

Is that deffo or just from the club. There normal kit prices 11 a side haven't gone up so why ours. Wouldn't surprise the club were telling a little white lie to cover the discount there giving,not been on club shop online have all Adidas stuff gone up or just shirts.

Hulls prices appear to be cheaper for basically the same design of kit.

Honestly I'm glad I live in Cardiff (never thought I'd say that), as it means I don't attend many games and that saves me getting p****d off so much.

As I get older I realise this club doesn't have a great future, it's always full of empty promises and far too many willing to just take what they are given rather than actually demanding something for their money.

Last season I went to the opening game of the 10/11 season against Millwall, full of hope what with our new manager, "big signings" and new kits. I bought myself a goalkeepers top because apparently they didn't have my size in the home kit.... "ok" I thought to myself, "not such a big deal, bit of a disappointment but nothing to get too down about as I can get the kit in my size soon". Sixty minutes into the match we're three nil down. When the match ended I was gutted and it wasn't because we lost three nil, it was because as per usual the club had hyped us all up, talked the big game and then delivered sweet FA. After I travelled back to Cardiff I tallied up that I had spent over £100 just to get a goalkeepers top instead of a home kit and watch my team get thumped by a team who were playing League 1 football the season before.

I think since then I've been a lot less impressed with Bristol City as I notice a pattern emerging of the club making out that it has big aspirations and that the club is going somewhere but the truth is the club is haemorrhaging money, the one man who actually levelled with the fans is no longer there to do it, the stadium seems destined not to happen and the fans seem to be able to identify the on field problems better than the manager does.

Honestly I'm bored of the same old repetitive season after season where it goes something like this:

Season ends - "Never mind, we'll strengthen in the pre-season"

Pre-season - Bristol City bring in players but always miss strengthening in the areas we are most desperate. Club refuses to discuss anything they have done leaving the fans in the dark about why the club is missing strength in vital areas.

Pre-season games - Average performances at best. "Never mind, when the season starts we'll playing more competitively so the lads will give more"

A few games in - "the manager needs to go, he's clueless", "why didn't we strengthen when we had the chance!?"

To add to all of that the club seem to offer very little and expect constant unwavering support and money spending... honestly if it wasn't for the passion of the fans this club would have died as a business. The business side of this club is a god damn mess, the managing of the team and the signings we bring in is very lackluster and now the club make a package deal and dresses it all up nicely to entice and then deliver crap. The club should be trying to win over the fans, encourage them to come each week and enjoy themselves and instead they just make the fans bitter, angry and frustrated and then they wonder why attendances lower...

Not happy about this at all, but then someone once described marketing as organised lying and I could only agree. Mistake that we all make is that we always believe this rubbish, despite experience. How about we all take them at the word and complain to our 'dedicated Account Manager'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDW_Hj2K0wo

[Parental discretion is advised]

Bristol Citys shirts are £5.01 dearer than Hull City for the same "traditional" design. A ten pound discount in reality is not ten pounds if five pound is then added to rrp. There feels like there is an economy of truth present in these incentives.

http://www.stfconlin...ecordPosition=1

Swindon Town's red home adult adidas kit £45.00 the same as ours

Honestly I'm glad I live in Cardiff (never thought I'd say that), as it means I don't attend many games and that saves me getting p****d off so much.

As I get older I realise this club doesn't have a great future, it's always full of empty promises and far too many willing to just take what they are given rather than actually demanding something for their money.

Last season I went to the opening game of the 10/11 season against Millwall, full of hope what with our new manager, "big signings" and new kits. I bought myself a goalkeepers top because apparently they didn't have my size in the home kit.... "ok" I thought to myself, "not such a big deal, bit of a disappointment but nothing to get too down about as I can get the kit in my size soon". Sixty minutes into the match we're three nil down. When the match ended I was gutted and it wasn't because we lost three nil, it was because as per usual the club had hyped us all up, talked the big game and then delivered sweet FA. After I travelled back to Cardiff I tallied up that I had spent over £100 just to get a goalkeepers top instead of a home kit and watch my team get thumped by a team who were playing League 1 football the season before.

I think since then I've been a lot less impressed with Bristol City as I notice a pattern emerging of the club making out that it has big aspirations and that the club is going somewhere but the truth is the club is haemorrhaging money, the one man who actually levelled with the fans is no longer there to do it, the stadium seems destined not to happen and the fans seem to be able to identify the on field problems better than the manager does.

Honestly I'm bored of the same old repetitive season after season where it goes something like this:

Season ends - "Never mind, we'll strengthen in the pre-season"

Pre-season - Bristol City bring in players but always miss strengthening in the areas we are most desperate. Club refuses to discuss anything they have done leaving the fans in the dark about why the club is missing strength in vital areas.

Pre-season games - Average performances at best. "Never mind, when the season starts we'll playing more competitively so the lads will give more"

A few games in - "the manager needs to go, he's clueless", "why didn't we strengthen when we had the chance!?"

To add to all of that the club seem to offer very little and expect constant unwavering support and money spending... honestly if it wasn't for the passion of the fans this club would have died as a business. The business side of this club is a god damn mess, the managing of the team and the signings we bring in is very lackluster and now the club make a package deal and dresses it all up nicely to entice and then deliver crap. The club should be trying to win over the fans, encourage them to come each week and enjoy themselves and instead they just make the fans bitter, angry and frustrated and then they wonder why attendances lower...

What a fantastic post and sums up exactly how i feel.....i choose not to renew my season ticket and while reading through this thread has made me chuckle at times it also saddens me that the club is again distancing itself from the fans which has been an ongoing trend since the departure of Gary Johnson.

I agree that i dont believe the stadium will happen not at Ashton Vale anyway, leaving us for the foreseeable future playing at a stadium which looks like its been hit by a tornado, with minimal corporate and commercial opportunities that most other clubs in our league now have.

I also agree that yet again we have been fed that we will strengthen in the close season, we clearly havent got stronger in the positions we all agree we needed to, and while those with rose tinted specs will tell you there is still 11 days left of transfer window, the fact we have not secured targets in the areas we need to do only makes me think their will be some panic buys on august 31st.

I have never gone into a season with as little expectation as i am this year, and despite problems in the past i have always had that child like mentality before the start of the season that the football club i support will win every game and get promoted to the Premier League. We will struggle this year again for sure.

This really is a poor club at the moment both on and off the pitch

Although somewhat misleading, I don't really have too much of a problem with the the actual food offer itself :

Offer 1) If I buy a burger I can get free chips - yeah, that's reasonable.

Offer 2) If I buy a pie, I get a free soft drink - ok, that's fine.

Offer 4) If I buy a hot dog or burger, I get free chips - cool, I'd use that.

Offer 5) If I buy any hot food, I get a free hot drink - nice.

Offer 6) If I buy a hot drink, I get a free mince pie - ok, not too bothered about that one.

One I do take umbridge with is :

Offer 3) If I buy a hot dog, I get another hot dog free - Now, I don't, but what if I go to the Gate on my own? Do I really want 2 hot dogs? This is an offer which it won't be possible for some people to use.

Ok, so, as I said the actual offers themselves are not bad. Anyone who was expecting a complete freebie should know better - there was always going to be some kind of catch. Also, those who will benefit from this will generally have been those that buy food at the Gate anyway, so those that don't usually buy their food there haven't really lost anything have they.

But - the one thing which is a huge mistake from the club is to restrict the time in which these offers are valid for. I'm not sure how many people are in and around the Dolman Bar before 2.30pm cuz I know I never am, and just because these are now available to me, I won't be changing my routine and will still leave the pub at 2.50pm.

So I for one, wont be using mine. And this is where the mistake is. Those who attend the Dolman pre-2.30pm are more likely to be those who eat in the Dolman pre-2.30pm. Those who don't go to the Dolman pre-2.30pm will not change their plans to now make sure they go there. So the club have gained nothing.

I honestly thought this offer would be available all match, and particularly during half-time when most people probably get their food. If these vouchers were available for me to use at half-time, I more than likely would have used them, meaning the club get more of my money AND I get something for free. Win-Win.

As it stands, I won't be using these vouchers and neither will most fans who have never been to the ground before 2.30pm. Ultimately, I've not lost out on anything as I didn't buy my ticket specifically for these vouchers, but the club have lost out cuz most people won't actually be able to use them due to the time limit.

If an extra 1,000 ST holders purchased a burger so they could get a free drink, then the club will have sold 1,000 extra burgers (circa £3,000 sales probably - not sure of the price). As it stands, these 1,000 potential half-time customers are actually going to end up buying nothing as they would usually have done, so the club make £0. I've not lost out on anything, but the club have lost out on thousands of potential additional sales.

Balls-up methinks.

So, to make it clear - this could have been a very good offer, but the time limit makes it impossible for most to use it, so it's a big fat FAIL.

Although somewhat misleading, I don't really have too much of a problem with the the actual food offer itself :

Offer 1) If I buy a burger I can get free chips - yeah, that's reasonable.

Offer 2) If I buy a pie, I get a free soft drink - ok, that's fine.

Offer 4) If I buy a hot dog or burger, I get free chips - cool, I'd use that.

Offer 5) If I buy any hot food, I get a free hot drink - nice.

Offer 6) If I buy a hot drink, I get a free mince pie - ok, not too bothered about that one.

One I do take umbridge with is :

Offer 3) If I buy a hot dog, I get another hot dog free - Now, I don't, but what if I go to the Gate on my own? Do I really want 2 hot dogs? This is an offer which it won't be possible for some people to use.

Ok, so, as I said the actual offers themselves are not bad. Anyone who was expecting a complete freebie should know better - there was always going to be some kind of catch. Also, those who will benefit from this will generally have been those that buy food at the Gate anyway, so those that don't usually buy their food there haven't really lost anything have they.

But - the one thing which is a huge mistake from the club is to restrict the time in which these offers are valid for. I'm not sure how many people are in and around the Dolman Bar before 2.30pm cuz I know I never am, and just because these are now available to me, I won't be changing my routine and will still leave the pub at 2.50pm.

So I for one, wont be using mine. And this is where the mistake is. Those who attend the Dolman pre-2.30pm are more likely to be those who eat in the Dolman pre-2.30pm. Those who don't go to the Dolman pre-2.30pm will not change their plans to now make sure they go there. So the club have gained nothing.

I honestly thought this offer would be available all match, and particularly during half-time when most people probably get their food. If these vouchers were available for me to use at half-time, I more than likely would have used them, meaning the club get more of my money AND I get something for free. Win-Win.

As it stands, I won't be using these vouchers and neither will most fans who have never been to the ground before 2.30pm. Ultimately, I've not lost out on anything as I didn't buy my ticket specifically for these vouchers, but the club have lost out cuz most people won't actually be able to use them due to the time limit.

If an extra 1,000 ST holders purchased a burger so they could get a free drink, then the club will have sold 1,000 extra burgers (circa £3,000 sales probably - not sure of the price). As it stands, these 1,000 potential half-time customers are actually going to end up buying nothing as they would usually have done, so the club make £0. I've not lost out on anything, but the club have lost out on thousands of potential additional sales.

Balls-up methinks.

So, to make it clear - this could have been a very good offer, but the time limit makes it impossible for most to use it, so it's a big fat FAIL.

I'd just like to point out that 'offer 3' as you put it, isn't for you. The buy one, get one free hot-dog offer. I wish to challenge your statement.

Many moons ago, when Ashton Gate staged an American Football match, you spent about £30 on hot-dogs as you were bored, having confused the Sunday evening Channel 4 'American football' highlights show as being representative of the average game of 'grid-iron'.

4 hours of hand-egg and a load of hot-dogs - that's you all over.

Loving your posts today, you have defended the team / the club / the manager on absolutely EVERYTHING !

Can I borrow those rose tinted specs please, I would love to be seeing things from your perspective...

The thing I dont agree with on the forms is that you have TWO games to use the vouchers in, and you have to use them by a specified time.

So I have to get to the ground earlier than I normally would and then spend more money in the overpriced DEH

Today? Everyday. I do love his persistent approach. If I was hiring someone, monkeh would be top of my list. His commitment to the cause is undeniable.

Fair dos, he certainly nails his colours to the mast. You can't argue with that.

Can't believe the amount of moaning sh1te on this thread. Wasn't it always gonna be this kind of offer? If they didn't make the offer before 2:30 or didn't restrict it to certain games half of you would be moaning about johnny-come-lately fans eating all the pies ahead of loyal supporters that buy season tickets without the need for gimmicky food offers. Un*******believable!!!

This is the state of football these days, and the stampede heading for the new stadium means the same moaners are complicit in the money-go-round so don't come on here crying when the club tries to maximise its profits to achieve its goals. Accept this or shut the **** up. You can't have it both ways. At least complain about something more fundamental to the state of the game rather than re-arranging the deckchairs on the Titanic.

I would have bought my ST anyway so anything else - which I doubt very much I will take advantage of - is a bonus. And every year I renew for the Gate rather than AV is a reason to be joyful.

COYR

I'd just like to point out that 'offer 3' as you put it, isn't for you. The buy one, get one free hot-dog offer. I wish to challenge your statement.

Many moons ago, when Ashton Gate staged an American Football match, you spent about £30 on hot-dogs as you were bored, having confused the Sunday evening Channel 4 'American football' highlights show as being representative of the average game of 'grid-iron'.

4 hours of hand-egg and a load of hot-dogs - that's you all over.

Ha ha. Before you make such accusations you really ought to check your facts. It wasn't at Ashton Gate, it was the Bristol Bombers at Eastville - as you say many moons ago (circa 1985/6?).

Ok, I did have a lot of dogs that day I do agree! :surrender:

Me mam had given me too much pocket money, the ticket was cheap and I had spare cash I didn't know what to do with. Lots of Hot Dogs was the only sensible answer.

Just hoping some from the club can communicate with us fans about the previous postings.

As I think all this stick is unfair on OUR club.

In what way? The fact that the club are using the incentives that were supposed to be a reward to the loyal supporters who sit through shit season after season, as another way and trying to make money?

I don't understand how anyone can defend the club in this matter

Ha ha. Before you make such accusations you really ought to check your facts. It wasn't at Ashton Gate, it was the Bristol Bombers at Eastville - as you say many moons ago (circa 1985/6?).

Ok, I did have a lot of dogs that day I do agree! :surrender:

Me mam had given me too much pocket money, the ticket was cheap and I had spare cash I didn't know what to do with. Lots of Hot Dogs was the only sensible answer.

Your wrong, ashton gate hosted one game of American football. I think it was during the 1997-1998 season, they used the wrong paint so the markings on the pitch stayed there longer than they should have.

Archived