IGNORED

Steve Davies - Signs On 3 Year Deal - Official

Andrew_V1

John Percy @John__Percy is a lot more reliable than any of the fake 'ITK' accounts, could be sonmething in it

This guy is spot on, followed him for ages, will definitely be something in this.

He at least is an actual person with credibility to uphold!

Guest sportingmad0209

Replacement for Bolasie?

Don't need one, but if he leaves it'll free up some cash for the signings we do need!

Wow, with the bid accepted for DJ Cambell and now Davies negotiating terms in 24hrs things are looking good.

Really pleased with Dels signings (and targets), all that BS about not having any Championship experience yet he's attempting to sign players that are more than capable at this level.

Huge thread on the on-off Steve Davies transfer saga on the Derby forum if anyone keen to trawl through it.

http://www.dcfcfans.co.uk/topic/9179-steve-davies/page__st__880

Their fans seem to rate him as a really good player but he's had some terrible luck with injuries during his time there. Lots of speculation too on the"family reasons" behind his desire to move somewhere down south.

Baldock out for most of last season, most people on here wanted him.

DJ Campbell has injury problems as well

A lot of players get injuries and none worse than RVP but he went for 22 million. I know we ain't getting anyone in his league.

Hopefully all our bad luck on injuries have been used up on Ryan Taylor (shame Millen choose him over Le Fondre but that's history now)

Yeah, it's unlikely that talks would have been started late on a Sunday evening. Would 6pm not be classed as early evening. He would be staying in Bristol and not going back to Derby so its quite conceivable that he would be back at a hotel by 9pm. Hopefully all agreed and tomorrow is the big day of announcement. That would be in time for the Palace game right. Believe it when I see it however!!

....or talks are done and tomorrow he meets his new team mates, interviews etc?

That's how I read it. Sounds like formalities tomorrow and unveiling etc......who for though remains to be seen!!!

All this talk of signing two players is possibly over the top.

If I were interviewing people for a specific position, I'd whittle it down to two, possibly three, then go with the one that impresses me.

Didn't G J pull out of a deal after talks with the player, because he wasn't impressed by his attitude?

If I were interviewing people for a specific position, I'd whittle it down to two, possibly three, then go with the one that impresses me.

Didn't G J pull out of a deal after talks with the player, because he wasn't impressed by his attitude?

Unless changes with Bolasie or maybe Pitman mean 2 are required....

Whether we were having talks with anyone today or not seen dm down at the watershed at about 4pm.

Don't we usually put players up in the Marriott Royal..... Behind the Watershed...... Or am I putting 2&2 together and coming up with the answer I want!!!!!

Got a feeling its gonna be another long day on here tomorrow!

So, aside of noting he had by far his best goalscoring season last year, and has had at least 3 operations in his career already, what else can anyone tell us about him?

Not being pessimistic, but I fear we fans are just desperate to see anyone sign now.

1 million is what Derby want for him. Seems a lot for an injury prone player with one semi-decent season for goals, but prepared for someone to tell me he is worth it.

Guest Ashton1

Whether we were having talks with anyone today or not seen dm down at the watershed at about 4pm.

Next to the swallow royal hotel!!!!!!

Stop it, you are getting me at it now!

2+2=5

So, aside of noting he had by far his best goalscoring season last year, and has had at least 3 operations in his career already, what else can anyone tell us about him?

Not being pessimistic, but I fear we fans are just desperate to see anyone sign now.

1 million is what Derby want for him. Seems a lot for an injury prone player with one semi-decent season for goals, but prepared for someone to tell me he is worth it.

I am with you on this mate.

As always, happy to be proved wrong but this really does seem an awful lot of money to pay out on him!

If we sign Campbell do we even need him anyway? Really not sure about this deal.

Unless changes with Bolasie or maybe Pitman mean 2 are required....

But that's not the case at the moment, only that we're in talks with two strikers. If anything else changes, then he'll go for the best man for the job again, I'd imagine.

Jermaine Easter I think

Why would Davies be in Bristol for talks at the weekend, as some have suggested, when the manager and probably club officials, were just down the road in Nottingham?

Maybe coming down for tomorrow, early though.

Guest bigbadbonkingbob

John Percy consistently gets things wildly wrong, he is something of a running joke with Forest fans for the continued failure of any of his "scoops" to ever actually be correct. I'm not saying he's wrong here, but...... stopped clocks and all that.

John Percy consistently gets things wildly wrong, he is something of a running joke with Forest fans for the continued failure of any of his "scoops" to ever actually be correct. I'm not saying he's wrong here, but...... stopped clocks and all that.

It seems far more likely Ipswich, who have been pursuing him all summer, have finally agreed a deal.

Still think DJ is more likely for us, if rumours he turned down our wage offer aren't true.

I'm not sure if anyone realises, but we've gone at least 10 comments without a snooker based joke. And I'm not comfortable with it.

Maybe we should just stop expecting him to sign. At least that way, if he does go to Ipswich, we'll have cushioned the blow.

Guest Anglia Red

Only 24 and proven at this level- injury concerns though -don't want another Steve Brooker on our hands ie great talent but never fit!

Most Derby fans rate him from what i can see!

Archived