IGNORED

Steve Davies - Signs On 3 Year Deal - Official

Andrew_V1

John Percy consistently gets things wildly wrong, he is something of a running joke with Forest fans for the continued failure of any of his "scoops" to ever actually be correct. I'm not saying he's wrong here, but...... stopped clocks and all that.

It seems far more likely Ipswich, who have been pursuing him all summer, have finally agreed a deal.

Still think DJ is more likely for us, if rumours he turned down our wage offer aren't true.

The injury meant that Davies had had six operation in his three years at Pride Park, following treatment for a fractured eye-socket and cheekbone, cruciate ligament damage in his knee, an ankle problem, a broken foot, hamstring, groin and hernia

problems, and an infected big toe. [13] It meant Davies had played a role in just 78 of Derby's 169 games (46%) on 21 October 2011 during his time at the club,despite being considered a first-team player by most commentators.

If we pay a million for this bloke, whoever sanctions it is off their rocker. It will mean we will have 3 sicknotes and a striker the boss doesn't seem happy starting with.

I would be surprised any director or owner worth his salt would even entertain 1 million. Maybe 100k with 900k in installments after each starting appearance Mike stone met.

The injury meant that Davies had had six operation in his three years at Pride Park, following treatment for a fractured eye-socket and cheekbone, cruciate ligament damage in his knee, an ankle problem, a broken foot, hamstring, groin and hernia

problems, and an infected big toe. [13] It meant Davies had played a role in just 78 of Derby's 169 games (46%) on 21 October 2011 during his time at the club,despite being considered a first-team player by most commentators.

If we pay a million for this bloke, whoever sanctions it is off their rocker. It will mean we will have 3 sicknotes and a striker the boss doesn't seem happy starting with.

I would be surprised any director or owner worth his salt would even entertain 1 million. Maybe 100k with 900k in installments after each starting appearance Mike stone met.

I expect a strict medical will be in place,

Remember Manchester united did the same with ruud van nistalroy and just done the same with Van Parsie and they aren't bad once fully fit,

The lad has been extremely unlucky with injurys if he score 10 in 20 games here he would of more then paid off the fee for me

I'm not sure if anyone realises, but we've gone at least 10 comments without a snooker based joke. And I'm not comfortable with it.

Right on cue...

Maybe we should just stop expecting him to sign. At least that way, if he does go to Ipswich, we'll have cushioned the blow.

I hope he ain't just coming here to pocket the money and screw us over

Or perhaps if we trade pitman in the deal, this will cushion the blow of the bulk of the cost as we will surely only pay around £300-£400k.

People are taking a rest :ph34r:

I expect a strict medical will be in place,

Remember Manchester united did the same with ruud van nistalroy and just done the same with Van Parsie and they aren't bad once fully fit,

The lad has been extremely unlucky with injurys if he score 10 in 20 games here he would of more then paid off the fee for me

I'm afraid, the guy looks very prone to injuries, even with a stringent medical, he may pass it.

Anyone with a history of hamstring and hernia problems, i wouldn't go near.

Some of the other injuries are unlucky. But hernia and hamstring issues, the alarm bells start ringing, very very likely to get them again and again, the weakness is there.

He maybe a good scorer when fit, but a million, nah, look elsewhere.

I'm afraid, the guy looks very prone to injuries, even with a stringent medical, he may pass it.

Some of the other injuries are unlucky. But hernia and hamstring issues, the alarm bells start ringing, very very likely to get them again and again, the weakness is there.

I am with you TRL.

Surely for a million we can get better value for money and one that won't present as bigger risk?

I would like to know why on earth we are prepared to pay a million for him?? Maybe we are getting desperate? Or maybe it's because he won't command the wages another play of that value would due to injuries etc?

For me he hasnt done enough to be commanding a fee like that. Happy to be proved wrong but it would be a huge gamble.

I am with you TRL.

Surely for a million we can get better value for money and one that won't present as bigger risk?

I would like to know why on earth we are prepared to pay a million for him?? Maybe we are getting desperate? Or maybe it's because he won't command the wages another play of that value would due to injuries etc?

For me he hasnt done enough to be commanding a fee like that. Happy to be proved wrong but it would be a huge gamble.

name the massive list of strikers we can get for the undisclosed fees we are offering who actually want to come here, I'd be intrested if you can name at least 5

Ryan Giggd has suffered reoccurring hamstrings since he was 19 played near on 1000 games, injuries could happen to any player!

name the massive list of strikers we can get for the undisclosed fees we are offering who actually want to come here, I'd be intrested if you can name at least 5

So it is okay to spunk money up the wall on a crock.

I'm hoping the reports are wrong, and we are not interested.

If the only reason he wants to move is because he wants to live in the south, as clough stated. That for one sounds like he is more interested where he lives rather than who he plays for.

Anorher point against him.

I'm not sure if anyone realises, but we've gone at least 10 comments without a snooker based joke. And I'm not comfortable with it.

It seems a bit of a triangle, Ipswich, City and Davies. Any deal should not leave us in the red. Although I suppose if he bangs in the goals attendances will rise and our rivals will be green with envy. I would also expect him to do particularly well at Sheffield every season. At 24 is he too green to be a potent Championship goalscorer, I don't think so but will see. As regards his fitness, if we give him the appropriate rest, I am sure he'll be fine. He looks like a player who gets his shots on target and won't blaze the ball over. I'm sure he will chalk up a lot of goals for us and then prem teams will have to get in the cue to sign him. If this doesn't come off then I am snookered as regards another player in our budget as good. Failure to sign anyone and we could be in the brown stuff. Anyway, I'll give this a break now, I need to be in Glasgow by 1.47.

So it is okay to spunk money up the wall on a crock.

I'm hoping the reports are wrong, and we are not interested.

If the only reason he wants to move is because he wants to live in the south, as clough stated. That for one sounds like he is more interested where he lives rather than who he plays for.

Anorher point against him.

If you think we're should only ever sign players with a burning ambition to play for Bristol City then I'm afraid you need a wake up call my friend. We ain't a big fish in this pond. Players don't want to play for us because of who we are, and in general never will. If he comes in and does well, who bloody cares?!?

It seems a bit of a triangle, Ipswich, City and Davies. Any deal should not leave us in the red. Although I suppose if he bangs in the goals attendances will rise and our rivals will be green with envy. I would also expect him to do particularly well at Sheffield every season. At 24 is he too green to be a potent Championship goalscorer, I don't think so but will see. As regards his fitness, if we give him the appropriate rest, I am sure he'll be fine. He looks like a player who gets his shots on target and won't blaze the ball over. I'm sure he will chalk up a lot of goals for us and then prem teams will have to get in the cue to sign him. If this doesn't come off then I am snookered as regards another player in our budget as good. Failure to sign anyone and we could be in the brown stuff. Anyway, I'll give this a break now, I need to be in Glasgow by 1.47.

Slow down!

If you carry on at that pace you're likely to black out!

:clap:

Archived