IGNORED

Steve Davies - Signs On 3 Year Deal - Official

Andrew_V1

Keogh is not at fault for our embarrasing capitulation against S****horpe and Wednesday. Clough is. Just remember when you play us (home or away it doesn't matter). If we manage to go a couple of goals up, hell - maybe 3 goals up (unlikely but still). YOU ARE STILL IN THE GAME. Clough will try and defend this lead, regardless of how long has gone. 20mins gone? 2-0 up? you betcha. His way of doing this is taking off all attack mined players and flooding the team with defenders inviting attack after attack and eventually the wall breaks. This must have pissed Davies and maybe half the bloody squad off over the last few years not to mention the fans who have to put up with it week after week.

Fair play fella; just thought it was interesting from our perspective. We are crying out for a centre back, and missed out on Keogh, yet he's probably proof that one player doesn't necessarily a good defence make.

Cheers mate.

Do you think Clough is trying to copy his dad? and be a bit utspoken

He seems to use the media a lot to berate players, I am sure if he keeps doing that, team spirit will surely take a dip

He's done that from day one. It was mildly amusing at first, then started to grate. He had to pull back last year (got a bollocking) when he verbally lashed out at Tomasz Cywka in a post match interview saying something like - 'If you don't know how to play football, you can go back to Poland or wherever you come from until you do' (words to that effect). People took offence. Cywka's now at Barnsley. He doesn't do it as much any more.

To answer your first question, in his defence he probably has the hardest act to follow in all football management. That sounds over the top but you have to remember the father-son element. Its not just like following 'the special one' from Chelsea, he'll will always be compared to his Dad no matter what he does. Not only that, he's doing it all at the same club where his Dad created the best team in Derby's history, winning the league title and getting to the semi-finals of the European Cup.

Because Clough Snr was one of the greatest managers that ever lived (and he knew it), he could afford to be cockey, arrogant and stubborn and get away with it.

When you've done nothing in management and try to be the same you can leave with egg on your face. Is he trying to be his Dad? maybe a bit, certainly the stubborn bit. If he swallows his pride and lets someone else with a bit more tactical knowledge handle the match day side of things, then things may look up but I can't see that happening.

To quote his Dad: 'I ask him which way he thinks it should be done, we get down to it, we talk about it for 20mins and then we decide I was right'

has steven davis completed his pre season training .....apologies if this has been covered already

Davies is fit. (Now there's a sentence you don't hear everyday). He played (and scored) against Chesterfield a couple of weeks ago. I assume he did pre-season training.

Mind you, with Clough, that amounts to running up a steep bank, a game of cuppy doubles and headers and volleys to finish...

Posted by one of the mods on the derby forum.

After weeks of rumour and counter rumour. I have recently had an exchange of emails with Steve Davies' father. We hope the following article puts people straight and we can all move on.

Derby County mad readers, it has come to our attention yet again that there are rumours flying around our, and other message boards regarding the reasoning behind the departure of Steve Davies from the club.

As I have mentioned before, officials of the club, players, their representatives, wives and family do read our message board. In the last week alone there have been at least two threads in which speculation about Steve’s motives or reasoning in wanting to leave the club have been called into question, usually by those that know the least about the situation

In my capacity as editor of the Derby County mad site, I do get regular complaints and the Steve Davies topic has been seen and read by his wife and Father. Mark, Steve’s Father has contacted me on several occasions about the untruths that have been bandied about his son.

All the moderators and myself have striven to remind people that you do need to substantiate any written accusation or rumour they post on our message board, or legal proceedings could be taken by the person mentioned in the post.

Mark Davies has today emailed me again with thanks for the moderators and my own efforts to quell rumours and has asked, along with Steve’s wife that I publish the email he sent to me this morning. Here is that email.

Bloomeram, I recently complained too you regarding this issue, and I have to say the M.O.Ds have dealt with the issue quite well . However, the recent speculation regarding Steven is categorically NOT CORRECT, the reasons are Very real, but do not and I repeat DO NOT concern any other Player, Wife,Girlfriend,Manager\Staff member, in any way shape or form ! It is a private and at sensitive issue, which in the fullness of time, will be revealed. I , on behalf of Steven and His Wife, would like to on record Thanking the Club and especially Nigel for understanding the reasons for his leaving, which I might stress has been ongoing for the best part of 18 months. It also very relevant of me to say, thank you all DCFC, but please drop the " witch hunt" as there is nothing regarding the CLUB and more importantly anyone associated too it. Many thanks Mr M Davies "Stevens Father" .

We do hope everyone will respect the matter and the Davies family in respect of this matter and let the matter rest. Thank-you...

Posted by one of the mods on the derby forum.

After weeks of rumour and counter rumour. I have recently had an exchange of emails with Steve Davies' father. We hope the following article puts people straight and we can all move on.

Derby County mad readers, it has come to our attention yet again that there are rumours flying around our, and other message boards regarding the reasoning behind the departure of Steve Davies from the club.

As I have mentioned before, officials of the club, players, their representatives, wives and family do read our message board. In the last week alone there have been at least two threads in which speculation about Steve’s motives or reasoning in wanting to leave the club have been called into question, usually by those that know the least about the situation

In my capacity as editor of the Derby County mad site, I do get regular complaints and the Steve Davies topic has been seen and read by his wife and Father. Mark, Steve’s Father has contacted me on several occasions about the untruths that have been bandied about his son.

All the moderators and myself have striven to remind people that you do need to substantiate any written accusation or rumour they post on our message board, or legal proceedings could be taken by the person mentioned in the post.

Mark Davies has today emailed me again with thanks for the moderators and my own efforts to quell rumours and has asked, along with Steve’s wife that I publish the email he sent to me this morning. Here is that email.

Bloomeram, I recently complained too you regarding this issue, and I have to say the M.O.Ds have dealt with the issue quite well . However, the recent speculation regarding Steven is categorically NOT CORRECT, the reasons are Very real, but do not and I repeat DO NOT concern any other Player, Wife,Girlfriend,Manager\Staff member, in any way shape or form ! It is a private and at sensitive issue, which in the fullness of time, will be revealed. I , on behalf of Steven and His Wife, would like to on record Thanking the Club and especially Nigel for understanding the reasons for his leaving, which I might stress has been ongoing for the best part of 18 months. It also very relevant of me to say, thank you all DCFC, but please drop the " witch hunt" as there is nothing regarding the CLUB and more importantly anyone associated too it. Many thanks Mr M Davies "Stevens Father" .

We do hope everyone will respect the matter and the Davies family in respect of this matter and let the matter rest. Thank-you...

you were quite right to post that here,

If Steve's dad/wife/gf are reading welcome to Bristol

you were quite right to post that here,

If Steve's dad/wife/gf are reading welcome to Bristol

Are you sure you mean that and I don't mean the welcome to Bristol ?

:shocking:

We've seen how quickly unfounded rumours can spread on here like wildfire, but when it's only something like transfer speculation then the worst outcome is the player doesn't sign for us. Personal stuff, such as seems to have happened with Davies, can be immensely damaging and even if untrue the damage is often done once it is the public domain.

Perhaps it is a lesson for this forum so that posters will think a bit more before posting.

Archived