IGNORED

Steve Davies - Signs On 3 Year Deal - Official

Andrew_V1

Anybody seen what Davies has just re-tweeted?

Chris Hudson‏@ChrisHuddo

@stevedavies2410 good luck , will be nice to play for a manager who not nil & void of tactics ,

Although obviously not his words, the fact he re-tweeted it would suggest he doesn't have a particularly high opinion of Clough!

Doesn't surprise me, I've always had the feeling clough is trying to copy his dad, and making a pigs ear of it.

Constantly slags and undermines his players in public. Cloughie senior was unique, and could get away with it. His son is a pale imitation

Doesn't surprise me, I've always had the feeling clough is trying to copy his dad, and making a pigs ear of it.

Constantly slags and undermines his players in public. Cloughie senior was unique, and could get away with it. His son is a pale imitation

Never good to slag off an ex manager....!

And Keogh must have found NC ok..?

Is this Keogh who's new club have conceded 7 goals in 2 games (including 5 to a league one team) since he came in to 'bolster' their defence? Personally I think we dodged a bullet there.

Many do, then upset him in someway. There must have been 5 public beratings of players by clough since he has been at Derby. I think players respect it if it is in private. Fans may appreciate in public.

So if it is good enough for clough to go public, I guess the players think it is okay as well.

That said, I am unaware of anything derogatory, clough may have said about Davies.

Good to see im not a liar and you have got a new player! Congrats, hope he does more for you than Trundle did! :surrender:

Stick around Jack :)

Thankyou fella, i will stick around. I visit your city monthly on average and always stay there. Spoke to the concierge the day before & he stated they have they fair share of footballers stay there. So will let you know if i see anyone or Mcinnes again, now i know who he is :preacher:

Great news!

But I want the jack to spill the beans on Cloughie. Still haven;t forgiven him for scoring that goal in the League Cup semi at Ashton (god I nearly cried and was up in the Dolman next to all those Forest fans).

Jack if you're still around let us know all. If you're nervous about getting banned on here just click the link in my sig and leave it there mate! I'll never ban nor censor you ;)

Wont say too much more as i suppose they conversation was private even though they wernt exactly keeping topics quiet. Athough, Bearded red has quoted something similar to what was said last night, aswell as other things :violin:

I suggest that Jackarmy deserves an apology from some on here.

Well done mate and thanks for the info.

Anybody seen what Davies has just re-tweeted?

Chris Hudson@ChrisHuddo

@stevedavies2410 good luck , will be nice to play for a manager who not nil & void of tactics ,

Although obviously not his words, the fact he re-tweeted it would suggest he doesn't have a particularly high opinion of Clough!

You are not wrong.

could be shackell ?

the player the swans poster thought was being referred to as choko.

He was a derby centreback who left for biggish money not long back. Dont know if he had a rep for being a bit nasty though as sounds like Davies was suggesting

Shackell is the guy. It was probably the fact that Mcinnes accent is very strong that i thought he was saying Chaka as a nickname. It says on internet he left derby this year for 1.1m but your manager said figures were around 4m?! Although they were talking about Keogh at roughly the same time so not sure whether i misheard & that price would have related to Keogh and not Shackell. But i suppose with all other figures wages, signing on fees etc deals could end up alot more expensive than us fans would ever know.

Oh and potbelly - jog on boy! :icecream:

Nottingham Forest ‏@infromthetrent

Steve Davies has signed for Bristol City - I really did think he was better than that. No disrespect to #BCFC. Glad we've played them.#NFFC

Sounds like we got a decent player.

No disrespect? Cheeky git! Let these people think we will be a poor side this season I genuinely think we will surprise a few.

A goal every four games ... and is Bristol City a step up from Derby? Another very average signing. Pleasant - unspectacular - but nothing to set the blood fizzing. Oh for a John Galley or a Hugh McIlmoyle ...

And yet all the Derby fans think he has potential and ability. Still, you know best.

I want those who bertated maynard for wanting to leave us after we helped him through injury to have a little think about the character we have just signed.

Badly injured at Tranmere, comes back, refuses to sign a contract, ends up moving for pittance to derby. Injured a lot of his time for derby, who rehabilitate him, he refuses to sign a new contract so ends up with us.

So don't get too angry in 3 years time. :)

I want those who bertated maynard for wanting to leave us after we helped him through injury to have a little think about the character we have just signed.

Badly injured at Tranmere, comes back, refuses to sign a contract, ends up moving for pittance to derby. Injured a lot of his time for derby, who rehabilitate him, he refuses to sign a new contract so ends up with us.

So don't get too angry in 3 years time. :)

Yeah but it's ENTIRELY different when they move to us rather than from us!

To be fair though, I think Tranmere got £700k for him in tribunal which is pretty good for a player moving from L1 to championship

Yeah but it's ENTIRELY different when they move to us rather than from us!

To be fair though, I think Tranmere got £700k for him in tribunal which is pretty good for a player moving from L1 to championship

Tranmere got about 200k plus another 200k on appearances(dunno if he made the required appearances) and the rest paid if derby made the prem within 3 years of signing. I am not sure if they got promoted before or after he joined.

One way or another, their manager was far from happy with the tribunal outcome. But I guess any club would be if he is that important to your team. And quite rightly I guess, the same year, maynard came to us for 2.25 million from the same division!

Is this Keogh who's new club have conceded 7 goals in 2 games (including 5 to a league one team) since he came in to 'bolster' their defence? Personally I think we dodged a bullet there.

Keogh is not at fault for our embarrasing capitulation against S****horpe and Wednesday. Clough is. Just remember when you play us (home or away it doesn't matter). If we manage to go a couple of goals up, hell - maybe 3 goals up (unlikely but still). YOU ARE STILL IN THE GAME. Clough will try and defend this lead, regardless of how long has gone. 20mins gone? 2-0 up? you betcha. His way of doing this is taking off all attack mined players and flooding the team with defenders inviting attack after attack and eventually the wall breaks. This must have pissed Davies and maybe half the bloody squad off over the last few years not to mention the fans who have to put up with it week after week.

Before mate. He joined in the summer of 2008, just after the disaster season.

Cheers mate.

Do you think Clough is trying to copy his dad? and be a bit utspoken

He seems to use the media a lot to berate players, I am sure if he keeps doing that, team spirit will surely take a dip

It's great to hear we have signed a talented player who seems to be highly thought of by the supporters of both his previous club and those of his previous club's worst enemies. I also understand that he can take free kicks!

However (and how I hope to be proved wrong) if the Rams fan assessments are accurate he seems to meet very few of the criteria I understood DMc had identified - i.e. pace, work-rate, physical strength etc.

It is frustrating that yet another manager seems to think the solution to our lack of creativity and goal threat might be to sign a talented forward who has scored some goals elsewhere whilst doing nothing to address the underlying failing - e.g. Brian Tinnion signed Marcus Stewart, Gary Johnson signed Lee Trundle (not to mention Saborio, Agyeman, Styvar???? and others too numerous to mention), Millen signed Pitman - none of whom delivered a fraction of what was hoped or ever really managed a proper run in the team.

Brett may not be as good as I think he is but did he really not deserve introduction before the injury time board went up? - DMc thought not. Most on here put this down to his work-rate and/or his inability to play as a lone striker. If this is correct it is hard to see why DMc has in signed a player who (based on Rams fan assessments) cannot play as a lone striker, cannot form an effective partnership with anyone else, is likely to be invisible for 89 minutes and may then pop up and score a goal but will score goals if you play good attacking football.

Putting his truly shocking record of injuries to one side (and it should be noted that these are not recurrences but a long run of bad luck which might be due to end now) can anyone see him having a prolonged run in the starting eleven if our creativity remains unchanged? Will he score more goals in his time here than MS or LT - of for that matter Saborio?

Is this the first transfer that was suggested first on this forum? is it part of a new undisclosed plan? or is it the first panic-buy of the new season?

It is frustrating that yet another manager seems to think the solution to our lack of creativity and goal threat might be to sign a talented forward who has scored some goals elsewhere whilst doing nothing to address the underlying failing - e.g. Brian Tinnion signed Marcus Stewart, Gary Johnson signed Lee Trundle (not to mention Saborio, Agyeman, Styvar???? and others too numerous to mention), Millen signed Pitman - none of whom delivered a fraction of what was hoped or ever really managed a proper run in the team.

+1

Archived