IGNORED

Steve Davies - Signs On 3 Year Deal - Official

Andrew_V1

Right age.

Decent prospect.

Player seemingly on the up and who was at a club who were keen to retain his services.

Not a great availabilty record.

My only concern if the other striker IS DJ Campbell, is that we manage to keep BOTH of them relatively injury free, otherwise having 2 Brookers on the books could be rather damaging to survival/promotion chances, but on the face of it, a very very interesting signing.

Looking at it, I'm very chuffed with the signings so far. If Campbell and Amougou/new cb come on board we would have signed eight players and Pearson.

Of those eight that we've signed, probably seven of those will start if we assume the team will look something like this: Heaton, Wilson, Fonts, new CB, Cunningham, Albert, Morris, Skuse, Anderson, Stead/Campbell and Davies

Heaton: hard to compare to DJ as on his game, DJ was, as we know, England's number one. Anyhow, a great replacement.

Cunningham: far far superior to any LB we had before.

Wilson: from what I've heard looks fantastic and better than Foster.

Morris: Good addition to midfield.

Anderson: from the sounds of it, better than Woolford and has the foundations to be a good player.

Steve Davies: Exactly what we've needed.

Welldone Del!

Looking at it, I'm very chuffed with the signings so far. If Campbell and Amougou/new cb come on board we would have signed eight players and Pearson.

Of those eight that we've signed, probably seven of those will start if we assume the team will look something like this: Heaton, Wilson, Fonts, new CB, Cunningham, Albert, Morris, Skuse, Anderson, Stead/Campbell and Davies

Heaton: hard to compare to DJ as on his game, DJ was, as we know, England's number one. Anyhow, a great replacement.

Anderson: from the sounds of it, better than Woolford and has the foundations to be a good player.

Welldone Del!

dont worry some people on here will still find something to moan about...

Welldone Del!

Spot on!

Welldone Del!

I don't agree that Davies is exactly what we need. I feel we need a pacey striker, we have Stead for the target man role. However as GJ says "its another club in the bag".

From the Derby fans' description of him, he is a similar player to Pitman, so could this mean Brett is off? I know Burnley were reportedly interested but I thought all that had gone cold. I like Pitman but do we really need him if we have Davies now? Especially if we sign DJ as well..

Derby fan here.

SD could turn out to be a good signing for you, if he stays fit. IF. He's the type of player that can get injured brushing his teeth. This paragraph on wiki sums his time up with us:

'The injury meant that Davies had had six operation in his three years at Pride Park, following treatment for a fractured eye-socket and cheekbone, cruciate ligament damage in his knee, an ankle problem, a broken foot, hamstring, groin and hernia problems, and an infected big toe. It meant Davies had played a role in just 78 of Derby's 169 games (46%) on 21 October 2011 during his time at the club, despite being considered a first-team player by most commentators'

I hope he stays fit. If he does and you give him the service (he can be lazy) he's a 15 goal a season man. IMO you've got to play him down the middle and don't get tempted playing him wide (just because he has pace) because he hasn't got a trick and can't cross a pair of rabbits.

Keep him away from magnets and airport scanners (metal plate in his head), wrap him in cotton wool and he may do a job.

On another note, it could well be 'Shacks' Shackell he was talking about. Our player of the season mysteriously sold in the summer and replaced with an almost identical model (and cost) in Keough from Coventy. Rumour (and I must stress rumour) has it something fishy was going on between Shackell, Davies and/or a.n.other (poss Bailey who has also been frozen out). I don't know, probably bollocks - but that would fit if so.

Good Luck for the season.

Derby fan here.

SD could turn out to be a good signing for you, if he stays fit. IF. He's the type of player that can get injured brushing his teeth. This paragraph on wiki sums his time up with us:

'The injury meant that Davies had had six operation in his three years at Pride Park, following treatment for a fractured eye-socket and cheekbone, cruciate ligament damage in his knee, an ankle problem, a broken foot, hamstring, groin and hernia problems, and an infected big toe. It meant Davies had played a role in just 78 of Derby's 169 games (46%) on 21 October 2011 during his time at the club, despite being considered a first-team player by most commentators'

I hope he stays fit. If he does and you give him the service (he can be lazy) he's a 15 goal a season man. IMO you've got to play him down the middle and don't get tempted playing him wide (just because he has pace) because he hasn't got a trick and can't cross a pair of rabbits.

Keep him away from magnets and airport scanners (metal plate in his head), wrap him in cotton wool and he may do a job.

On another note, it could well be 'Shacks' Shackell he was talking about. Our player of the season mysteriously sold in the summer and replaced with an almost identical model (and cost) in Keough from Coventy. Rumour (and I must stress rumour) has it something fishy was going on between Shackell, Davies and/or a.n.other (poss Bailey who has also been frozen out). I don't know, probably bollocks - but that would fit if so.

So he has pace?

Thanks for the input by the way.

So he has pace?

Derby fan here.

heard from a good mate who is a derby fan the rumour was shackell was giving davies misses one so to speak.......

he also said this...

"7/10 id rate him, will score, and has some pace, keep his misses away from any center backs tho!"

luckily are center backs are useless, so that shouldnt be a problem!!

heard from a good mate who is a derby fan the rumour was shackell was giving davies misses one so to speak.......

he also said this...

"7/10 id rate him, will score, and has some pace, keep his misses away from any center backs tho!"

or sign a couple of gay centre backs.

So he has pace?

Well, not really. Sorry for the confusion. He's not slow IMO and can beat a man but he's not Usain Bolt. I think that because he's over 6' it will suprise you that he has a burst of pace. When he first came to us he was quicker, the injuries have taken their toll IMO. In the last year he was used much more as a target man (of sorts) by Clough which he isn't at all (not strong enough against the bigger center backs and can be bullied a bit). He's good in the air and very brave with his head, hence the metal plate. The type of player also that can pull a goal out his arse when there looks to be nothing on at all.

excuse my ignorance, please elaborate....

Just rumours, that people like to spread concerning sexuality of our players, a bit like the Coppell rumours.

Not that it makes much difference nowadays! It seems to be gay is to be cool. Although judging by the fashanu documentary, that may not have filtered down to football yet.

I won't mention names, I thought it was a common knowledge bit of tittle tattle.

Just rumours, that people like to spread concerning sexuality of our players, a bit like the Coppell rumours.

Not that it makes much difference nowadays! It seems to be gay is to be cool. Although judging by the fashanu documentary, that may not have filtered down to football yet.

I won't mention names, I thought it was a common knowledge bit of tittle tattle.

yup, rumours seem to always fly around, i just hadnt heard whom from us it would, be, i have a good idea tho- from process of elimination its not louis, fonts or james wilson (his misses is ridicules btw), so that leaves 2 cb's...... mr 12k a week to do f all, and nyatanga.

he also said this...

That's it mate, can't comment on the rumour but 7/10 is about there. If he'd of stayed fit for most of his time at Derby he would of left us for about £2 mill for someone shit in the Prem..say Wigan and probably be limited to 10min cameos against the likes of Stoke. What I'm trying to say is, he's almost a modest Prem striker when fit and in form, which is great if you're in the Championship. We'll see....

Good player is Davies, scores a few crackers aswell.

Hopefully now a CB and another ST and we will have a very decent side.

Heaton, Wilson, new signing, Fontaine, Cunningham, Adomah, Skuse, Morris, Davies, Stead, new signing?

Looks rather good if you ask me and with the likes of Foster, Pitman, Pearson, Anderson, Elliot we have decent options.

Archived