IGNORED

Pitman

old_eastender

Did you go last night Jake?, Taylor was immense, his movement, strength, aggression, determination, awareness, first touch & link up play was excellent.....he is a far better player than Pitman.

Davies has obviously been signed to replace Pitman as he can play the 'hole player' role that BP has never settled into.

It's sad when a player with the obvious finishing ability of BP has to leave but too much of his game is lacking for the rigours of the Championship......football is a cut throat business I'm afraid.

BCAGFC

yeah i did and he was class, but with the new signings of davies and baldock i dont think he will get much game time and feel he will be better if he went on loan into league 1 MK Dons need a replacement for Baldock

When the team was announced "shop window" was the general concensus,

Anyone who thinks MacInnes is the type of manager to play someone to put them in the shop window needs their head read. He will put out the team he feels most appropriate to the job in hand.

Otherwise Stewart and Kilkenny would be starting every game.

Anyone who thinks MacInnes is the type of manager to play someone to put them in the shop window needs their head read. He will put out the team he feels most appropriate to the job in hand.

Otherwise Stewart and Kilkenny would be starting every game.

Who?

The forgotten man, another one that can go.

Every other time he's ever turned out?

He has been injured pretty much ever since he signed for us. 1 poor league cup start against Swindon (Where everybody the entire team was crap) and a handful of cameo sub appearances in between injuries.

Anyway, good to see the lad given a chance after such a torrid time with injuries last season, lets hope he has a bit more luck this year.

i remember him being out stand out performer v swindon aswell everytime i have seen him i haved sated tho bloke

That is odd because when I saw him he was messing around with Elliott and had a massive smile on his face.

Agree that it is more than likely he will be off soon though.

I was referring to when they were warming up before the kick-about, he seemed to have no interest in taking part and appeared to be deliberately doing it badly - just going through the motions like a spoilt brat!

I was referring to when they were warming up before the kick-about, he seemed to have no interest in taking part and appeared to be deliberately doing it badly - just going through the motions like a spoilt brat!

I'm frequently accused of being Pitmans harshest critic, but I don't think you can ever read anything into his demeanour or body language, if he had started 20 games in a row and scored in all of them he would still ooze the same aura. Just his style one would assume.

Two points:

1) We don't know what McInnes sees in training on a daily basis. He's got access to a lot more info than we have about who's playing well, who's working hard an who deserves a starting place.

2) When Pitman has started or come on a sub under McInnes he's never done enough to warrant continue selection. I like him as a player and want him to succeed either here or somewhere else but I don't think, during a relegation struggle last year, a striker who wasn't contributing much in terms of goals or overall play was worth persevering with as it would have just lost us games we needed to win. He started the first game of this season but again didn't do enough to prove himself.

All that said, I think it's just unfortunate for Pitman rather than his fault - I think he just doesn't fit in with the way that McInnes wants us to play. I think he'd do a good job somewhere else and that he's been unlucky but the manager's got the right to play how he wants to and select the players that display the qualities he wants. Pitman obviously does not which is why it would be the best thing all round for him to get a chance elsewhere.

Agree with this. I like Pitman but if as it seems he's a square peg in a round hole then let's sell him and use the money to buy a round peg

I guess a lot has changed in a matter of days regarding Pitman, especially with Davies and Baldock coming in......both of whom offer a better alround game then Brett.

I would get rid of him, Taylor PROVED yesterday what a huge advantage having 2 hard working forwards offer.

Archived