IGNORED

Pitman

old_eastender

After watching him Tuesday night he was lucky to be in the Team, Infact im sure if Taylor was fit he would not been in the team!!

So for you lot going on about the 90th min, Really doubt he would of done much!!

See thats the problem.. to be perfectly fair to Brett we cannot say he is better or worse than Taylor because we have seen virtually nothing of the latter. I'd like to think its nonsense that Brett might be on his way.

We could certainly do with a creative midfielder like Felaini though... get innnnn my babber.

I rate Pitman as many do and with the right service will score goals and lots of them. Think he has almost tried to hard latterly under Del. As many have said if he does go he will still keep my interest. No way will he leave under a cloud for me, and I wish him well except against us. Who knows though maybe he will stay.

I was convinced and said it then that against the gash, he along with stead appeared over anxious.

Maybe Pitman has not had the right partnership and Del see's him alongside Davies or Campbell.

I agree Pitman looks disinterested all the time, but we all know he has no pace so maybe someone else running of him.

As much as I like Stead, maybe he can't work alongside Brett so resorting us to play one up front.

Maybe Taylor is the striker Del might get rid of, he's certainly had less time on the pitch under Del than Pitman so I would think he'd be the least safe of City's forwards

Should Taylor go it'll at least give The Evil the chance to conclude a paragraph with " ....his career at Ashton Gate failed to get off the ground, much like his 6ft 2 in frame whenever a header came his way."

Hopefully Brett moves on and gets a team that are better suited to him.

I certainly wouldn't write him off, and we should do whatever possible to negotiate a sizeable sell on clause.

mutch as i enjoy watchin bret play,i fear this is not his level.

looks fantastic when presented with a chance and smacks it in. but all this talk about the real creative midfielder to set him up,is a dream.

those players that some of hope we sign,well they aint there at this level!

seems to me very talented,but hay theres bin loads,at every level of football.

aint gona quit make it to the top. hope im wrong,like the guy.

So...

...we have signed Davies, who McInnes stated was not the type of striker he wanted...

...we need a striker with pace...

...DJ Campbell has still not signed and may not at all...

...we now have four strikers and no quick ones...

...and the one striker we have that has proved that he can find the net is being bombed out (apparently).

Campbell better sign or McInnes has dropped the mother of all b0ll0*ks IMO.

So...

...we have signed Davies, who McInnes stated was not the type of striker he wanted...

...we need a striker with pace...

...DJ Campbell has still not signed and may not at all...

...we now have four strikers and no quick ones...

...and the one striker we have that has proved that he can find the net is being bombed out (apparently).

Campbell better sign or McInnes has dropped the mother of all b0ll0*ks IMO.

I don't see it that way at all, SJ. I think DM plays his cards close to his chest and whilst some fans will undoubtedly become frustrated by that it is a positive thing. Should the pacey forward not materialise then McInnes will have to rethink his ideas and tactics a little, but nothing to difficult. I can't imagine there is no reason for Brett's apparent fall from favour, speculation of course.

I don't see any clangers here though. Davies is highly rated and talented and will hopefully prove to be a good addition.

I don't see it that way at all, SJ. I think DM plays his cards close to his chest and whilst some fans will undoubtedly become frustrated by that it is a positive thing. Should the pacey forward not materialise then McInnes will have to rethink his ideas and tactics a little, but nothing to difficult. I can't imagine there is no reason for Brett's apparent fall from favour, speculation of course.

I don't see any clangers here though. Davies is highly rated and talented and will hopefully prove to be a good addition.

Well I hope that you are right JT.

But after McInnes identifying the need for some pace up front (something that we all knew of), to then sign a striker that does not address that problem I find baffling to say the least.

As for Pitman, there may well be reasons that first Millen and now McInnes have not rated him. Speculation, as you say. However, his limited minutes on the pitch have proved his eye for goal, and I personally will be upset to see him go without an extended run in the team - something that he has never been afforded.

It is all very well writing him off on the rare occasions he gets a start. Give him ten starts in a row. If we are going to have no pace up front, lets at least have someone prolific up there.

What I dont understand is the fact is a new season only 1 game in and apparently Pitman is out of favour already?

When we played 442 towards the end of the season Pitman played alot!

Pitman did appear a fair bit in pre season aswell and I should think he will be played a fair bit this year aswell, he could play slightly deeper off a pacey striker or play off a target man!

What I dont understand is the fact is a new season only 1 game in and apparently Pitman is out of favour already?

When we played 442 towards the end of the season Pitman played alot!

Pitman did appear a fair bit in pre season aswell and I should think he will be played a fair bit this year aswell, he could play slightly deeper off a pacey striker or play off a target man!

You read enough threads here and what you just said about Pitman becomes a 'fact' !!!

What is a fact, however, is that all of the comments mentioned about Brett being bombed out, out of favour, ready for the exit door are all heresay and supposition.

For all we know Pitman might have a fabulous season with us, score 15 goals, and be snapped up by Norwich who will be relegated this season.

Until we hear anything from the official sources Pitman IS and remains very much in Del's plans for the season. That, of course, might change next week.

Right now we've got Stead, Pitman, Davies and Taylor, right? I've left out Amandi-Holloway as I'd expect he's not a first team contender just now.

The presumption is we're looking to bring in DJC to add to the side, and someone would be shifted out to make it 4 first team strikers.

But why are we presuming Pitman is the one leaving? Taylor may very well head out on loan to league one/two for all we know. In that situation, even if we did sign DJC, we'd only have four strikers, so Pitman leaving would be a strange move for us.

Ultimately a lot of this will come down to what role he is willing to accept. Being one of four strikers on rotation in a Championship team is not exactly a 'dead end' for a 24 year old striker; he'll likely get his chance to impress at some point. But if he just wants to play, and is willing to drop a division to do so, then that is his want and we can't do much about that.

Personally I like Brett; I think he is a good player on his day. But I do think that even his staunchest supporters have to admit that he is inconsistent, and unlike someone like Stead, when Pitman has an off day he contributes very little to the team, as his game is not based around work-rate. I think he is a good player to have in our squad, but whether he wants to be in it is another matter entirely.

I don't truck with these suggestions that at another club at this level he'd hit 20 a season without breaking a sweat though; I think he'd face many of the same problems he'd encountered here and I struggle to identify a club at this level that doesn't have at least one other 'Pitman-type' player who is (IMHO) more consistent/proven.

Well I hope that you are right JT.

But after McInnes identifying the need for some pace up front (something that we all knew of), to then sign a striker that does not address that problem I find baffling to say the least.

As for Pitman, there may well be reasons that first Millen and now McInnes have not rated him. Speculation, as you say. However, his limited minutes on the pitch have proved his eye for goal, and I personally will be upset to see him go without an extended run in the team - something that he has never been afforded.

It is all very well writing him off on the rare occasions he gets a start. Give him ten starts in a row. If we are going to have no pace up front, lets at least have someone prolific up there.

The Derby fan on the Davies thread said he is quick.

I still think he is the 'striker/goalscorer' we need. He looks lazy but he is reading the game, not running around like a headless chicken like the rest of them. Putting him out on the wing is not the answer, he should be upfront like a Shearer/Owen player.

It would be a shame to lose him but we don't have the back-up for the kind of player he is.

The Derby fan on the Davies thread said he is quick.

I think he actually said that he's quick for 6ft+ striker, but whether he has sufficient pace to stretch a defence is another matter. I'd actually like to see a genuine 433 tonight with Davies and Adomah either side of Stead. I suspect it'll be 442 though

I think pitman is extremely over-rated

We have to remember he isn't Del's signing and he doesn't seem like del's sort of player del likes the hard working player with a little bit of flair (all his players he has brought in has this)

Pitman is not ahard worker he does well off the bench but given a run he becomes lazy and spends too much time arguing with his own team mates then makeing runs off the ball,

I think him and Taylor will be shipped out by the end of this season with one more coming in

We have to remember he isn't Del's signing and he doesn't seem like del's sort of player del likes the hard working player with a little bit of flair (all his players he has brought in has this)

Pitman is not ahard worker he does well off the bench but given a run he becomes lazy and spends too much time arguing with his own team mates then makeing runs off the ball,

I think him and Taylor will be shipped out by the end of this season with one more coming in

Davies has a reputation for laziness or going missing from what Derby fans have said.

Davies has a reputation for laziness or going missing from what Derby fans have said.

Not from what I've read, most wanted him to stay but the tune has changed to bitterness once he's left like with every player that moves club,

I'll reserve judgement myself until I see him play a few games in a city shirt

I agree. Pitman has had his chances and like so many players he has the ability but lacks the dedication and commitment to turn it into top quality ( think noble). His body language on occasions is that of a spoilt child, time to get rid i`m afraid.

Not from what I've read, most wanted him to stay but the tune has changed to bitterness once he's left like with every player that moves club,

I'll reserve judgement myself until I see him play a few games in a city shirt

I posted on the Derby forum and they were perfectly friendly and positive about him, the main criticisms of him were his injury record and tendency to disappear in games and look lazy...

I will be doing the same, mind. hoping he becomes a star for us!

I agree. Pitman has had his chances and like so many players he has the ability but lacks the dedication and commitment to turn it into top quality ( think noble). His body language on occasions is that of a spoilt child, time to get rid i`m afraid.

I'm not a noble fan but at least he had a good game every 3 starts Pitman seems to start then disappears until he's dropped comes of the bench bags a goal is given another start and disappears again,

This is the season we can't afford to carry players, we were decent enough against forest but lacked that final ball once thats sorted we should be comfitable mid table

Archived