IGNORED

Pitman

old_eastender

I agree. Pitman has had his chances and like so many players he has the ability but lacks the dedication and commitment to turn it into top quality ( think noble). His body language on occasions is that of a spoilt child, time to get rid i`m afraid.

I agree with both of you, thats my exact feeling on Pitman too, Any one can stand around the box and swing a foot or head it!!!! Bit harsh on Taylor tho Monkeh,

I posted on the Derby forum and they were perfectly friendly and positive about him, the main criticisms of him were his injury record and tendency to disappear in games and look lazy...

I will be doing the same, mind.

What disappearing and looking lazy? We need you fired up and ready to jump off the otib forum bench.

Pitman who?

Tansley is back, Tansley is back!!

Im afraid even the most die hard Pitman fans have to admit he will struggle now! Personally nothing against him but our strike force is simply class now!

He is the obvious choice to go unfortunately. Absolutely delighted with the two new recruits!! Just a centre half now!

Del really has worked wonders!

Tansley is back, Tansley is back!!

I afraid even the most die hard Pitman fans have to admit he will struggle now! Personally nothing against him but our strike force is simply class now!

He is the obvious choice to go.

Haha, missed me? ;)

I've never had anything against him either, to be fair, just don't rate him as highly as some.

I can't wait for Nogbads reaction to Pitman now being 5th choice....

Haha, missed me? ;)

I've never had anything against him either, to be fair, just don't rate him as highly as some.

I can't wait for Nogbads reaction to Pitman now being 5th choice....

Of course mate! Little dull without you shall we say!?

We now have serious competition! Taylor will only improve, Stead we know will always work, Davies will be an all rounder and can play wide plus the addition of Baldock, like it or not Pitman is 5th choice as it stands.

I never want to see our better players leave, but when you add the quality we have it's not looking good for him.

Should Taylor go it'll at least give The Evil the chance to conclude a paragraph with " ....his career at Ashton Gate failed to get off the ground, much like his 6ft 2 in frame whenever a header came his way."

I bet you feel a bit of a tit tonight......

I bet you feel a bit of a tit tonight......

Not really - Taylor was absolutely terrific last night; the diametric opposite of every other time he's ever turned out for us when he's been shocking.

Seemed to me a combination of him working on his fitness & ball control, playing in a more ordered formation & upping his commitment (possibly due to the number strikers we now have.) When the team was announced "shop window" was the general concensus, in which case he more than made a display of himself such that it could be others he's placed in the spotlight.

That said, Palace were utterly woeful & their defending wholly absent - partly due to the pressure Taylor & others put them under.

If Taylor gets the chance of doing the same Satuday I'll be more than delighted.

Not really - Taylor was absolutely terrific last night; the diametric opposite of every other time he's ever turned out for us when he's been shocking.

Seemed to me a combination of him working on his fitness & ball control, playing in a more ordered formation & upping his commitment (possibly due to the number strikers we now have.) When the team was announced "shop window" was the general concensus, in which case he more than made a display of himself such that it could be others he's placed in the spotlight.

That said, Palace were utterly woeful & their defending wholly absent - partly due to the pressure Taylor & others put them under.

If Taylor gets the chance of doing the same Satuday I'll be more than delighted.

Shocking? He scored a pretty good goal on his last appearance if memory serves...

Hey Tansley,

Good to have you back. That 6-1 win last night was pretty special wasn't it!

(we hit the woodwork twice!)

Go ahead and provide evidence I said anything of the sort. It's pretty simple to go through someone's posting history.

You won't be able to though, I said nothing of the sort. Unfortunately some are too challenged to understand a simple point.

Go ahead and provide evidence I said anything of the sort. It's pretty simple to go through someone's posting history.

You won't be able to though, I said nothing of the sort. Unfortunately some are too challenged to understand a simple point.

Oh come on.

You quoted that Liverpool would have finished top 4 had their 33 strikes of the woodwork counted as goals.

It is without question one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

In any case. It was a joke. Welcome back.

Oh come on.

You quoted that Liverpool would have finished top 4 had their 33 strikes of the woodwork counted as goals.

It is without question one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read.

In any case. It was a joke. Welcome back.

No, I said had those close calls been on target the Liverpool would have finished 4th, which whilst irrelevant was a point trying to show the margin between success and failure are fine.

Irrelevant, though. City forum, City won. Thanks for the welcome... You can all call me a **** and I can actually reply this time ;)

If I was Pitman I would want to leave anyway, even before the Davis and Baldock signings... He has been treated like sh!te by City.. It seems that everyone is given a fair chance and a run in the team even if theyve played badly bar Pitman, and and Del obviously has something against him. His first season here proved how crucial he can be, and I think he just needs a good run in the side to be up to standard.

If I was Pitman I would want to leave anyway, even before the Davis and Baldock signings... He has been treated like sh!te by City.. It seems that everyone is given a fair chance and a run in the team even if theyve played badly bar Pitman, and and Del obviously has something against him. His first season here proved how crucial he can be, and I think he just needs a good run in the side to be up to standard.

Two points:

1) We don't know what McInnes sees in training on a daily basis. He's got access to a lot more info than we have about who's playing well, who's working hard an who deserves a starting place.

2) When Pitman has started or come on a sub under McInnes he's never done enough to warrant continue selection. I like him as a player and want him to succeed either here or somewhere else but I don't think, during a relegation struggle last year, a striker who wasn't contributing much in terms of goals or overall play was worth persevering with as it would have just lost us games we needed to win. He started the first game of this season but again didn't do enough to prove himself.

All that said, I think it's just unfortunate for Pitman rather than his fault - I think he just doesn't fit in with the way that McInnes wants us to play. I think he'd do a good job somewhere else and that he's been unlucky but the manager's got the right to play how he wants to and select the players that display the qualities he wants. Pitman obviously does not which is why it would be the best thing all round for him to get a chance elsewhere.

Some of the criticism Pitman gets from a few is harsh.

Some players can adapt to teams different ways of playing.....other players have teams built around them. Pitman I feel is the latter.

Pitman is a penalty box player who can strike a dead ball superbly. Unfortunately, we dont have the quality in midfield to put things on a plate for him. Like Tony Thorpe, play to his strengths and PItman will score goals at this level. I still say Trundle would have done better at this level had we played to his strengths.

If he goes to the right team, he would get between 10-15 goals a season at this level.

However, Im more then happy with Davies and over the moon with Baldock, who I feel are both an improvement on Pitman.

Im certain Brett is off, in fact, I wouldnt be at all suprised if he is gone by this time next week. Good luck to the lad

On the flip side,

I really want to keep Brett and feel loaning out Taylor would be better as he can get more game time and improve. Having four strikers is a bonus if one gets injured or goes on a bad run of form we need someone as backup hopefully we sign DJ as he can be the expienced head up top with Stead.

Did you go last night Jake?, Taylor was immense, his movement, strength, aggression, determination, awareness, first touch & link up play was excellent.....he is a far better player than Pitman.

Davies has obviously been signed to replace Pitman as he can play the 'hole player' role that BP has never settled into.

It's sad when a player with the obvious finishing ability of BP has to leave but too much of his game is lacking for the rigours of the Championship......football is a cut throat business I'm afraid.

BCAGFC

Every other time he's ever turned out?

He has been injured pretty much ever since he signed for us. 1 poor league cup start against Swindon (Where everybody the entire team was crap) and a handful of cameo sub appearances in between injuries.

Anyway, good to see the lad given a chance after such a torrid time with injuries last season, lets hope he has a bit more luck this year.

Pitman's body language during the HT break last night (after Baldock announcement) spoke volumes. Looked really p*ss*d off. He will be gone soon I expect -either loan or sale.

That is odd because when I saw him he was messing around with Elliott and had a massive smile on his face.

Agree that it is more than likely he will be off soon though.

Archived