IGNORED

Monk

Frome Red

he is alot better then all of our defenders but if he doesn't want to come here i don;t want him

It seems a case of him not so much saying, no, I don't want to play for Bristol City, more a case of him wanting to stay and fight for his place in the Swansea side in order to play in the PL, which is fair enough I guess - especially considering he's their captain!

It seems a case of him not so much saying, no, I don't want to play for Bristol City, more a case of him wanting to stay and fight for his place in the Swansea side in order to play in the PL, which is fair enough I guess - especially considering he's their captain!

good point,

Like with baldock if he did sign he would get my full support

Just back from watching City train and can confirm that "Bikey" is indeed training with us. Looked very good; thought he had lost a couple of pounds. Baldock looked very sharp and easily lost his marker on a couple of occasions with his pace. They didn't play a game whilst I was there but I saw enough to be impressed with Baldock, Davis and Anderson.

Just back from watching City train and can confirm that "Bikey" is indeed training with us. Looked very good; thought he had lost a couple of pounds. Baldock looked very sharp and easily lost his marker on a couple of occasions with his pace. They didn't play a game whilst I was there but I saw enough to be impressed with Baldock, Davis and Anderson.

Nice, can you just go in and watch then?

Any chance it is us just doing him a favour and letting him train with us to keep fit? Seems clubs do this a lot, a thank you for helping us out last season?

It's not like Wilson who was being named in friendlies.

If he signed it would be a very good stop gap for a season or 2. This will almost certainly be Careys last season, Stewart can't have long left, only a season hopefully? So next summer there would be scope to sign a couple of Centre halfs - assuming we could find them of course!!

I wouldn't be at all unhappy with this if it happened. OK, it's a short term measure. He's 33. Two seasons at most. But he's well regarded, highly experienced and clearly possesses the leadership qualities we were all bemoaning the lack of last season. He would command respect and lead by example. It might retard James Wilson's progress a little in the short term, but could enhance it in the long run. Monk at centre half and M. Wilson at right back has a solid, well-seasoned ring to it to me. Other players will still get games when either is unavailable and will learn a lot from them. (Is my memory at fault or did Carey not play alongside Shaun Taylor early in his career? If I'm right, I'm sure Louis would say that did him no harm at all).

I can think of worse signings.

Archived