IGNORED

Monk

Frome Red

If Monk does prefer a loan and reluctant to sign permanently then I'd be disappointed to sign him tomorrow. If it is a loan we'd arguably be better off signing after the transfer deadline when all other deals have been done and we know which players which prem clubs might be willing to loan out.

• Admin

If Monk does prefer a loan and reluctant to sign permanently then I'd be disappointed to sign him tomorrow. If it is a loan we'd arguably be better off signing after the transfer deadline when all other deals have been done and we know which players which prem clubs might be willing to loan out.

If we sign a player on loan after the window shuts the maximum length is 90 days so either we wait & stick with what we have until October or whoever we get has to leave before the busy festive period.

If we sign a player on loan after the window shuts the maximum length is 90 days so either we wait & stick with what we have until October or whoever we get has to leave before the busy festive period.

Ah I'd missed this point.

I have seen him play there know he wasn't great but think he coud do a job for city somewhere.

I will be very surprised to see him in a City shirt again, He had the chance to sign instead looked else where, in that time Delboy signed Morris!

From what i understand it is highly unlikely a centre back will sign before the transfer deadline. Monk was wanted on a permanent deal not a loan deal.

Persoanlly think a loan deal is a better option as he is injury prone and we can ship him back should that happen.

Perhaps Bikey will sign a deal until Jan?

Rumour is that Amougou is Boro bound.

Maybe McManus deal is back on..?

How about Danny Wilson from Liverpool. Cant get a look in there, spent some time with Blackpool last season. Clearly very talented as he proved during his time at Rangers. Season long loan maybe ala Caulker ?

Great shout! Rodgers even said the other day that he wants Danny to go out on loan to a Championship squad to get some first team experience! Only thing is, I'd get bloody confused with the J. Wilson, M. Wilson and D. Wilson!

I like the idea of Monk signing on a two-year contract. He's a leader, a player with vast championship experience and succeeding in the division aswell.

The fee wouldn't be any more than 200k i'd of though though? The team could look like this in a few weeks:

Heaton, Wilson, Monk, Fontaine, Cunningham, Adomah, Skuse, Pearson, Davies, Stead, Baldock.

subs: Gerken, Carey, Foster, Elliot, Morris, Anderson, Pitman

Such a new look squad and how much stronger is that from last season?! That back four and keeper would be vastly better than last year, midfield is fairly similar and the striking options are on another level.

COYR. Excited about today vs Red Birds.

Woolford ??

So looks like we didn't sign him because of a back injury (just read the old posts on here) - a good thing we didn't. Looks like he might still be able to offer something at our level tho:

http://www.thisissou...tail/story.html

Got to admire his commitment, I can see why Del went after him as I get the impression that is the sort of player he wants, regardless of age.

So looks like we didn't sign him because of a back injury (just read the old posts on here) - a good thing we didn't. Looks like he might still be able to offer something at our level tho:

http://www.thisissou...tail/story.html

Got to admire his commitment, I can see why Del went after him as I get the impression that is the sort of player he wants, regardless of age.

shhhhhh don't post that people like to think that lansdown won't pen the cheque book or we can''t attract players not that we propperly scouted them and was concerned about an injury

Archived