IGNORED

Monk

Frome Red

I can't see much of a problem with rotating Carey and Monk alongside Fonts for the season. Two very experienced and classy ball winners and Fonts who is arguably our best centre half.

Good signing that will 'plug a gap' for a couple of seasons and hopefully help develop other players we have :)

Im suprised at how little we've used Anderson so far but i guess as Del suggests, it's down to the opposition we play. Would like to see more of him to see what he can offer.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Anderson playing in the hole today, perhaps off Davies or Taylor

Dont want him if he stated in the summer he didn't want to come then seems to be changing his mind cos he's being pushed down the pecking order! I'd say thanx but no thanx! Bikey for me all the way he's played already with Fontaine and he's free

More of a case of wanting to stay in the prem. Now it looks like he won't get a game at Swansea, things change.

I don't see it as him being negative towards us, more the fact he wanted to stay in the prem, somewhere he has strived to get his whole career. Not something you want to give up too easily.

He knows how to get promotion to the prem, just the kind of experience and attitude we need I reckon.

I can't see much of a problem with rotating Carey and Monk alongside Fonts for the season. Two very experienced and classy ball winners and Fonts who is arguably our best centre half.

Good signing that will 'plug a gap' for a couple of seasons and hopefully help develop other players we have :)

Exactly this Tansley! He is better than what we have and he lived with the best in the prem last season!

He would bring great experience and will be a superb addition for two years.

Exactly this Tansley! He is better than what we have and he lived with the best in the prem last season!

He would bring great experience and will be a superb addition for two years.

I'm thinking the same.

How match fit he is I don't know, he couldn't have played much last season though. Williams and caulker were their mainstay last season weren't they?

I have been informed by someone in the know at Swansea best mates with first team player that provided monk is happy with our terms this will happen by Wednesday of next week.

Funny. I have heard that the hold up is whether it is loan or prem. Monk is after a loan as he will be due a testimonial. Also he is not at the liberty today....well his car isnt!

I'm thinking the same.

How match fit he is I don't know, he couldn't have played much last season though. Williams and caulker were their mainstay last season weren't they?

Yeah to be fair TRL he wasn't a regular but I think he filled in at full back at times and when called upon didn't let anyone down.

I think his experience would be an asset and he is a model pro.

But match fitness could potentially be an issue. Saying that I trust del 100% with his transfer dealings. His work in the transfer market has been fantastic so far.

Jack here lads. First of all thank you for doing over the blueturds / red dragons or simply the scum. Monky is a class act, more than held his own when called on last here. Was a rock in the championship and will go down as our GREATEST EVER captain. Without doubt a legend and will give you his all. Be gutted to see him leave, but would be happy to see him go to you. Whats more he hates the scum more than anybody. If I was a BC fan I would be delighted to sign a player and man with the qualities of Gary Monk.

No doubt Monk's a good player but the age is a concern. If we're not paying a big fee his experience and strength could be very valuable.

If we managed to shift Nyatanga and/or Stewart and bring in a young centre half (even a Prem loan) as well it could be ideal.

No doubt Monk's a good player but the age is a concern. If we're not paying a big fee his experience and strength could be very valuable.

If we managed to shift Nyatanga and/or Stewart and bring in a young centre half (even a Prem loan) as well it could be ideal.

If the guy has kept himself fit I see no concern at all with his age; fit enough = good enough and what is more age in that position can be a major advantage.. the guy needs and has a decent quick thinking brain something a YTS kid from the prem might not have in the spur of a moment. What will be the big test is if he has the fight for another promotion push!

What is this obsession with signing young players? Where has it got us in the past? As the poster says above, I'm fed up with waiting for these players with "potential" to actually never fulfil it. If someone had similar qualities as Monk but was 8-10 years younger, he wouldn't be playing for us ala Caulker. We've got the chance to sign a real hard winning centre back with some fantastic premier league experience. A player that was at the heart of defence in a team that stood firm and even wowed the Premier League. He is also a captain and a leader. Great signing IMO

I second that for sure

L2 mate, 3 promotions, 1 championship, FLT, Play off winner. Cant emphasis enough the qualities of the man.

I think he is a quality player, as our good friend from across the severn states. He has bags & bags of experience, great tackler, great at winning in the air & reds a game like it was his favorate book. Can't see why people are over obsessed with age... he'll better our team, surely that is all that matters.

One thing though, please don't take our Albert away!

I think he is a quality player, as our good friend from across the severn states. He has bags & bags of experience, great tackler, great at winning in the air & reds a game like it was his favorate book. Can't see why people are over obsessed with age... he'll better our team, surely that is all that matters.

One thing though, please don't take our Albert away!

Can't see "Bert" being taken away. He still has much to learn, like making the right decision!

Jack here lads. First of all thank you for doing over the blueturds / red dragons or simply the scum. Monky is a class act, more than held his own when called on last here. Was a rock in the championship and will go down as our GREATEST EVER captain. Without doubt a legend and will give you his all. Be gutted to see him leave, but would be happy to see him go to you. Whats more he hates the scum more than anybody. If I was a BC fan I would be delighted to sign a player and man with the qualities of Gary Monk.

Thank you for your insight Jack and may i say what a breath of fresh air you lot have been in the Prem.

The thing is what we miss at the back is an organiser and a ball winner. He may be 33, but these things tend to come with age, experience and having been there and done it.

Unless of course there is an exceptional young talent like a Caulker around.

I think he will be a fantastic addition to our squad.

Cheers fella. Heard he signs Tuesday. The squad then complete. As for Cardiff......ave some!

Archived