IGNORED

Adomah This, Adomah That, Zzzzzz (Merged Topics)

_Bristol-City_

@Agent_ITK: Hearing #Wigan are going to make a £2mil bid for Albert Adomah to replace Moses. #Football #Bristol #Robins

I say that blokes an absolute cretin.

ITK or not a bid doesn't mean he is off. I don't do twitter, but it doesn't seem any more reliable than Football Rumours to me.

Well he's no longer our star player imo as that is now Baldock.

However I really hope we keep Albert as he's still brilliant!

Blimey, don't get to carried away! Baldock is highly rated and was more than impressive on Saturday but it's stupid to label him as our 'star player' after only playing 30 minutes for the club. Who's to say he won't go 10 games without scoring now?

I wouldn't accept anything less than £3M for Albert, he wasn't at his best towards the end of last season but has already grabbed a goal + assist this season and that's without him being at his best!

He wasnt fit, he took a heavy tackle at Coventry and never really recovered. I dont think he's the finished article yet and would only be warming the bench in the Prem. Maybe this is the season he can polish off his game while improving with us and then get his chance next season to star with a Swansea or Fulham type team?!

Assuming we don't need to sell financially (and I can't imagine SL would've sanctioned last week's signings if we did) I don't think we should be looking at selling for less than £3 million - maybe even holding out for £4 million unless he actually states he wants to go.

It's not just how good Adomah is; it's also the psychological blow of losing a key player just as things are looking good again, the fact we've already sold one winger in the last week and the limited time to get a replacement. You could argue £4 million is more than his 'true' value but, if we don't want to sell, then that's not really the point and we really should keep him unless we get an offer we can't refuse.

We are getting a really good attacking unit together and the pressure is now slightly off Albert. That is to say he is now not our only outlet and can therefore I think be back to his most effective and not have half a dozen defenders on him. I think it would really be bad news if we lost him now

Albert would be stupid if he went to Wigan, there probably smaller than us and will most likely end up in the Championship next season selling there best players in the process! Think about it Albert, think!

Not really, if he goes to Wigan and really looks impressive in the premier league he will be sold to a much better team if Wigan went down.

Albert would be stupid if he went to Wigan, there probably smaller than us and will most likely end up in the Championship next season selling there best players in the process! Think about it Albert, think!

I expect people said the same about Moses now look where he is.

Bet Micky wishes he had not given Roberto Martinez such short shrift now. Wigan's track record for developing players is pretty impressive and Albert would do well there.

Realistically there's absolutely no way in which Wigan are smaller than us. Higher division, higher attendances, more money, bigger wage bill. It'd definitely be a step-up for Albert if he went. Really hope he doesn't though.

In what reality is this true? Maybe 20 years ago but certainly not now.

Also it's "they're"... :ph34r:

Archived