IGNORED

Penny Arcade

Cider Army

I can see this going down like a damp squib. Dont get me wrong im all for it. But its a little known song and has no relevence to us or the city. I can just picture 10000 people just looking around at each other thinking wtf is this and a couple of 50 somethings doing a little jig taking the urinal.

I hope it does catch on and is given 4 or 5 games as on the other hand i can picture 10000 of our fans belting this out pre a big game.

Who would have thought that a song from Broadway musical would be such an anthem for Liverpool.

Why do you think rangers sing it at old firm games? To wind up Celtic fans.

Next we'll have those orange order scumbags marching at half time.

Rangers sing it at every game.

Why would an American singer give any kind of thought to the Old Firm rivalry? I've never even saw a Celtic fan complaining about it, if there was any real significance to it, Celtic would have complained.

One thing i don't get about the troubles.......the IRA fought so hard to get the country back from the british, but they don't say jack about the EU. Or the loyalists..... They love being british, so why don't they do anything about being taken over by brussels?

This is why I think the BNP and EDL are controlled opposition run by MI5. It's like they're saying: ''If you want Britian to remain independent and sovereign, then you're a racist just like these 2 groups, so we should all embrace the EU''.

This is a pro loyalist song celebrating bloody sunday. Whoever suggested it is sick in the head.

As a member of the Celtic race, I can't put into words how offended I am..

THIS!

I admit to being a Celt but a City supporter since 1975 when my dear old dad took me to the Gate for the first time.

We aren't a loyalist or a pro-republican club, we naver have been and never should be IMHO. This IS a Rangers song.

Del is a Rangers fella, fair enough but I can bet I and alot like me will be here long after he has gone!

What next? Moysie comes back and we are singing Hail Hail?

Leave well alone TBH, nothing to with our club and it shouldn't be played at all.

Crap move and quite insensitive, I would rather YNWA is played this weekend for the 96.

One thing i don't get about the troubles.......the IRA fought so hard to get the country back from the british, but they don't say jack about the EU. Or the loyalists..... They love being british, so why don't they do anything about being taken over by brussels?

This is why I think the BNP and EDL are controlled opposition run by MI5. It's like they're saying: ''If you want Britian to remain independent and sovereign, then you're a racist just like these 2 groups, so we should all embrace the EU''.

You make a good point. I for one can't stand being ruled by Brussels. Also, I just can't comprehend why the Joe public vote for the same 2/3 parties, all who are as bad as each other. I mean look how Labour left the country, now because the tories have made cuts people will vote Labour again. Are there memories really this short? I couldn't care less about being called racist, infact it happens regularly. Most people are scared though and your second point is spot on. We won't get our country, and powers back until we stand up and be heard.

In case people don't understand why this song was taken on by Rangers and is offensive to alot of people, it was sang by Rangers in 1986 after this...

BELFAST, Northern Ireland, Sept. 17— Four gunmen burst into an amusement arcade here today and killed a Roman Catholic businessman, the 50th victim of sectarian violence in Northern Ireland this year.

Now I am not a bigot nor particularly religious but the song is about the death of someone during the troubles in Northern Ireland. Rangers have support which have very strong views regarding those issues, as do Celtic. For us to play this tune isn't a very good idea IMHO.

So if we all start singing this song we all advocate the murder of an irish buisiness man even if it was first sang years before the event ?

The fact of the matter is that it is very offensive to many people for that reason alone it should not be sung, as someone who was brought up in a very large Irish community in KW where practically all of us were city fans it was the same at school at st. bernadettes, practically all city fans, it will not go down well, i do not condone any song being publicly sung which is so offensive to such a large amount of people and am amazed that the club would even think of alienating so many, i just cannot see how so many are trying to justify it

Archived