IGNORED

Penny Arcade

Cider Army

Your right, I cant.....probably along with most of this forum

Enlighten me.......has Del rented out "The Fields of Ashton Vale" (ooooh, lets not go there!) as the scene for Braveheart 2?

Or is the entire squad going to star in a new historical remake of the Battle of the Boyne....renamed "Battle of the Boing" in recognition of Del's time at the Baggies

I think I get it, all of these Scots are going to impregnate selected west country aryan type women in an attempt to spawn the next generation of a credible Scotland international football team, a bit like 'the boys from Brazil'.

In fairness, can't we just ban all Tina Turner songs on grounds of taste?

As Tina once said 'what's taste got to do with it', I would have thought that mere fact that rangers fans have the temerity to sing one of her hundreds of songs is more than enough reason for some on here to consider her whole back catalogue as offensive or sectarian.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to rock the Gate with Wurzel based songs.. And perhaps a medley of 'Ruby, Combined Harvestor, Blackburd etc' as the team comes out would work..

So why hasn't it been done..?

Great to have a single identity, but sometimes it takes a radical change to bring out something in the fans.

Perhaps we will never be able to have any sing that will rock the Gate.. It's just the way us fans are.

But something catchy like Penny Arcade that gets the EE jumping before the game will definitely have an affect.

You are right about all things Old Firm.. But while it is difficult to avoid, this is what works for BCFC.. Not what anyone else wants to read into it.

For me listening to Irene winds me up...

There is a mural in that stand with the words When the moon shines on it. No need for this dodgy link.

As Tina once said 'what's taste got to do with it', I would have thought that mere fact that rangers fans have the temerity to sing one of her hundreds of songs is more than enough reason for some on here to consider her whole back catalogue as offensive or sectarian.

Ah it's in the lyrics of each of them see..........you think they are about love or old River Boats .but no....vile they are ...utter secterian filth.........

It's all about the song... Try not to get too blinkered who sings it.

Every song that comes from the terrace is rarely original.

And for years we have tried to be original.

I think every fan would love 'One for the Bristol City' and 'Drink up thee Cider' ... And on many occasions they get sung with real passion.

But unfortunately as a club we are very poor at wanting to develop and adopt.

The Liquidator is played at numerous stadia and IMHO is dire.

Sorry to bring in Rangers again, but they have a 5/10 min spell before the teams come out when they play tunes that relate to the club.

And finishes with 'Simply the Best' as the teams enter the pitch.

The fans begin to sing the medley and it reaches the pitch when Tina starts to sing.

Now that's what David Lloyd should do... A medley of songs that start the clapping and flag waving just as teams arrive.

Get the crowd involved.

It's not that Del is looking to bring 'mini Gers' to Ashton Gate, what he is looking to do is to develop what works elsewhere.

Let's take it on board make the passion begin and Bristol City unique. It's not about who sings what or what he song is supposed to mean its about making our club rock and give visiting fans the right to say 'wow - this place is special'..

'If you do as you do... You will always get what you've got'

At last someone with sense..Ive gone away and come back to see whats been written its about creating atmosphere and making Bristol city unique not about religion,What is it with this club and everything it tries to do is knocked back.This is why Bristol city never move forward,I cant see in any way why this tune shouldn't be used and people going on about scots taking over the club..Bristol city have always been linked with Scotland its nothing new.

Gary Johnson wanted Ashton gate to rock and we got bounce around the ground etc..Now del boy is trying to take us that one step further.

Id love to here an anthem sung at away games in pubs at Ashton gate lets give this club something.Liverpool have you never walk alone and so do Celtic why not Rangers and Bristol city it makes no difference as long as it helps Bristol city to be successful.

Snarf is just on the wind up again. Some posters on this forum spout some shite but this "bloke" is the most pointless WUM on here. I really don't see the point. Plenty of people bite, but his "wind ups" aren't even remotely funny. Some of the bull he's come out with I don't know how he hasn't been banned or at the very least warned for some of his comments. He may or not be a ****, but he sure comes across like one.

Snarf is just on the wind up again. Some posters on this forum spout some shite but this "bloke" is the most pointless WUM on here. I really don't see the point. Plenty of people bite, but his "wind ups" aren't even remotely funny. Some of the bull he's come out with I don't know how he hasn't been banned or at the very least warned for some of his comments. He may or not be a ****, but he sure comes across like one.

He's taken wind-up merchandising to a whole new level. Shockingly good at his trade.

The song is sung by fans of clubs with sectarian supports, that has not stopped City fan singing the odd nationalistic song in the past, but if the club wins matches plays attractive football fans will respond in kind. No need to force things.

Everyone should Gesture like that at Celtic.

sorry. Really don't get where the recent anti Celtic feeling has erupted on this site recently, but as neither Rangers or Celtic play south of the border... or us in any competition or friendly I fail to see their relevance.

The fact of the matter is that it is very offensive to many people for that reason alone it should not be sung, as someone who was brought up in a very large Irish community in KW where practically all of us were city fans it was the same at school at st. bernadettes, practically all city fans, it will not go down well, i do not condone any song being publicly sung which is so offensive to such a large amount of people and am amazed that the club would even think of alienating so many, i just cannot see how so many are trying to justify it

Exactly mate.

Knowle West is a Bristol City heartland and was populated by Irish immigrants. Just like Moss Side and Burnage in Machester who all support Man City.

If anything, Bristol City is an Irish club.

Think there's a few Rangers/City fans on here, including myself.

Being a Catholic i'd prefer Celtic to Rangers but that's as far as it goes i certainly don't look for Celtic's results on a Saturday and could not name 1 of their players, i don't understand this Rangers love-in from so many city fans and i have more respect for gas fans who only follow a Bristol club than anyone that follows Rangers, Man utd, Chelsea etc

Rangers sing Orbison. Celtic sing Depeche Mode. Surely if we have suddenly found the need to belt something out apart from the Wurzels,why can't it be something equally as random as either of those. For all the threads on here that start ' A song for...',none get any vocal backing because they are not a song which every other team uses, eg,the bloody awful 'We've got Albert Adomah' tune.

Ricardo,as a fellow member of the Tinman quiz winning team, youd've recognised me wearing the hoops,so would know where my loyalties lie up there,but my view is Penny Arcade is a decent enough tune,as is Just can't get Enough. I just don't think we need to sing either of them at the Gate,they're taken. I say get a lucky fan to be led round HMV blindfolded until he says 'Stop'. Without knowing where he is he can pick a cd out and choose a track. Knowing my luck the git would pick 'Seven Nation Army! as played by the Wembley band.

Rangers sing Orbison. Celtic sing Depeche Mode. Surely if we have suddenly found the need to belt something out apart from the Wurzels,why can't it be something equally as random as either of those. For all the threads on here that start ' A song for...',none get any vocal backing because they are not a song which every other team uses, eg,the bloody awful 'We've got Albert Adomah' tune.

Ricardo,as a fellow member of the Tinman quiz winning team, youd've recognised me wearing the hoops,so would know where my loyalties lie up there,but my view is Penny Arcade is a decent enough tune,as is Just can't get Enough. I just don't think we need to sing either of them at the Gate,they're taken. I say get a lucky fan to be led round HMV blindfolded until he says 'Stop'. Without knowing where he is he can pick a cd out and choose a track. Knowing my luck the git would pick 'Seven Nation Army! as played by the Wembley band.

That'd be better :travolta:

Cracking post...

I can just picture the guy in HMV... :-)

Hope all well with you... Can't believe we helped raise money for Tinman..,? But we were unbeatable that night... Well you were...

Hospitality in the Number 7 for me in coming weeks.. Got St Mirren & Hearts games...

As for a tune...? Well we just never will adopt anything - just the way we will always be.. The one thing that the GASH will have over us...

Damn Irene..

All this Rangers-Celtic stuff is really way off base.......Anyone considered all the people addicted to fruite machines, is it having a pop at them? get over it, tis only a song ffs

Exactly... Well said...

It is so pathetic... And seeing it first hand up here makes me glad that England will NEVER have the old firm welcomed down South..

Archived