IGNORED

Cunningham

mightyreds89

Mirror what has been said, the refs are not held accountable and quite frankly should be - the tackles were shocking, davies was taken out as well, taylor should of had a penalty and their pen was a joke - is there a system wherby the refs are scored on a points system per game and can managers score them like you can in non-leauge football. Needs addressing.

It really was a "wince-worthy" moment. The speed with which he hit cunningham was sickening. Should have been straight red.

From what I remember of Skuse's I dont think that was a bad tackle? I guess it must have been if it left 2 stud marks but I thought it was a 50-50 in the box.

I think on another night we could have lost a couple of players for reactions to tackles, however the Ref should have had more control and I think knowing his mistakes he was leniant on our reactions.

Just seen it!

I have to say it is a terrible challenge. The guy went in so late it was ludicrous and caught the trailing leg so was clearly not going for the ball. My understanding is that yellow cards can be turned into red subsequently and if there was ever a case for it this is!!

Just seen it!

I have to say it is a terrible challenge. The guy went in so late it was ludicrous and caught the trailing leg so was clearly not going for the ball. My understanding is that yellow cards can be turned into red subsequently and if there was ever a case for it this is!!

Where did you see it? Was it on player or somewhere else?

Just seen it!

Never known this to happen. Ive heard of retrospective straiggt reds used when the ref didnt see so therefore couldnt act upon the incident. In this case the ref saw the incident and responded in way he saw fit. No whether the ref was right or wrong is another conversation.

Cheers. Can you watch player on your mobile?

I can on my android phone but the world site isnt set up right for mobile devices, its a bit awkward but it does work. Probably because they dont want you to view on mobiles as they will probably try and fleece you out of a couple more quid per month in the future for an official app.

Never known this to happen. Ive heard of retrospective straiggt reds used when the ref didnt see so therefore couldnt act upon the incident. In this case the ref saw the incident and responded in way he saw fit. No whether the ref was right or wrong is another conversation.

My understanding is that if a ref does not take action at the time there is no recourse. However if the referee makes a decision at the time and this is not deemed to be enough then there is recourse.

I have looked on the FA website and feel inclined to make a complaint, however there seems that there is no easy way to ask what the FA mandate is regarding these kind of issues and how to make a complaint regarding a situation like this

I'm happy to make a complaint on behalf of the forum and the club if someone can get me a contact or email address!

If you would rather PM me please feel free!

My understanding is that if a ref does not take action at the time there is no recourse. However if the referee makes a decision at the time and this is not deemed to be enough then there is recourse.

I have looked on the FA website and feel inclined to make a complaint, however there seems that there is no easy way to ask what the FA mandate is regarding these kind of issues and how to make a complaint regarding a situation like this

I'm happy to make a complaint on behalf of the forum and the club if someone can get me a contact or email address!

I thought it was ther other way around.

If the referee misses say an off the ball incident, then with TV evidence retrospective judgement can be given. If, as in this case , the ref saw the incident and judged on it so ther issue is the degree of severity, then I didn't think his decision could be changed.

For what it's worth, my opinion is that if either Little or Barnett's challenges had happened in the prem then they would have been straight reds. The problem was that on the night he had bottled decisions left right and centre so you just knew he would only give yellows. The irony is that in the melee that followed Barnett's tackle, at least one of our players could have been shown red for hands raised. The double irony is that Posh fans seem convinced that we were the beneifiaries of lenient refereeing!

I thought it was ther other way around.

If the referee misses say an off the ball incident, then with TV evidence retrospective judgement can be given. If, as in this case , the ref saw the incident and judged on it so ther issue is the degree of severity, then I didn't think his decision could be changed.

Very confident that you're correct - a referee's decision can't be disputed, but a 'non'-decision can be.

Ben Thatcher had his yellow card overturned and changed to a red and an extended ban for his assault on Pedro Mendes, but that was in the Prem (I don't know if that makes a difference or not) and is an exception rather than the rule I believe. I think Mendes' team were considering reporting the incident to the police or something and forced the FA's hand.

Tihs won't go anywhere, the FA won't overturn the yellow and issue a red.

This is part of the bullshit reply I got

"

There is a system in place for monitoring the performance of referees and referee's assistants. This involves referees assessors and reports from club managers. All assessors come from a footballing background and the majority are fully qualified referees themselves. The performances of referees over a season are then taken into consideration when the leagues appoint their referees for the following season.

The National Group officiates in the Football League and is the responsibility of David Allison, Referees Manager at the Football League. Football League refereeing enquiries need to be addressed to David Allison, Referees Manager, The Football League, Edward V11 Quay, Navigation Way, Preston, PR2 2YF or at enquiries@football-league.co.uk

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation."

I do worry how our defence will fare without cunningham. He's been solid at the back and has provided stability on the left going forward. He is the reason woolford has had a great start and now without him, we will go back to usual tactics of passing it to alby and hoping something happens. We lose an outlet when we lose cunningham. A replacement is definately needed for the short term along with a centre back. I hope we have someone in place by saturday

I do worry how our defence will fare without cunningham. He's been solid at the back and has provided stability on the left going forward. He is the reason woolford has had a great start and now without him, we will go back to usual tactics of passing it to alby and hoping something happens. We lose an outlet when we lose cunningham....

+1

This is part of the bullshit reply I got

"

There is a system in place for monitoring the performance of referees and referee's assistants. This involves referees assessors and reports from club managers. All assessors come from a footballing background and the majority are fully qualified referees themselves. The performances of referees over a season are then taken into consideration when the leagues appoint their referees for the following season.

The National Group officiates in the Football League and is the responsibility of David Allison, Referees Manager at the Football League. Football League refereeing enquiries need to be addressed to David Allison, Referees Manager, The Football League, Edward V11 Quay, Navigation Way, Preston, PR2 2YF or at enquiries@football-league.co.uk

We do appreciate all of the feedback we receive from supporters. This feedback is collated and used to build a picture of public opinion and is subsequently fed back internally within the organisation."

I have sent this to the person named below

To David Allison Referees Manager

Dear David

I and many others would appreciate some feedback regarding two horror tackles inflicted by Peterborough players on Bristol City players on Tuesday evening just gone.

While the referee cautioned players for their offences the punishment really did not fit the crime and it is the opinion of many that the second tackle would not have occurred if the first tackle had been dealt with properly within the laws of the game.

As a former referee myself I am not in the habit of criticizing officials, however the sense of injustice felt by many has incentivized me to bring this game and the situation to your attention.

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments as would many within the club

I have sent this to the person named below

To David Allison Referees Manager

Dear David

I and many others would appreciate some feedback regarding two horror tackles inflicted by Peterborough players on Bristol City players on Tuesday evening just gone.

While the referee cautioned players for their offences the punishment really did not fit the crime and it is the opinion of many that the second tackle would not have occurred if the first tackle had been dealt with properly within the laws of the game.

As a former referee myself I am not in the habit of criticizing officials, however the sense of injustice felt by many has incentivized me to bring this game and the situation to your attention.

I would appreciate your thoughts and comments as would many within the club

Take your spell check of American. He might take you a little more seriously.

Amazing some of the ****tish comments made by Posh supporters - http://www.theposhfo...=21613&start=30 !

Apparently we'll end the season at the bottom of the table with them; we were poor and our goals were lucky and our play was equally dirty as theirs! Amazing - you couldn't make it up! :argh:

I think you need to read some of their comments again, some are clearly sarcastic, while the chap you mention clearly says that "Bristol" will be at the bottom. Now I don't know much about the egg chasers so he might be right!

Says on the website at least a month.

Is that official?? My app is buggered so I can't see!?

Desperately hoping its only a few weeks as Cunningham has been absolutely class for us this season. So assured and calm on the ball.

If it is a month then it will be far from ideal but I would take that in the circumstances.

Desperately hoping its only a few weeks as Cunningham has been absolutely class for us this season. So assured and calm on the ball.

If it is a month then it will be far from ideal but I would take that in the circumstances.

Unfortunately we know with City that early estimations for recovery times are usually well wide of the mark.

It looked and sounds a bad one - let's hope the results of the scan dispel everyone's worst fears of a serious long term injury.

From what we've been told so far if it does turn out to be 'just' a month that would come as something of a relief.

At least a month. If its as bad as described I doubt we'll see him again this season. We can only hope the scan reveals minor damage.

Unfortunately we know with City that early estimations for recovery times are usually well wide of the mark.

It looked and sounds a bad one - let's hope the results of the scan dispel everyone's worst fears of a serious long term injury.

From what we've been told so far if it does turn out to be 'just' a month that would come as something of a relief.

I'm with you on that. Going on what I have seen and heard about it, a month would certainly be something of a relief!

first of its not pick on Nogbad day :)

I agree it use to be wide of the mark but we have changed almost all our medical staff so I expect it will be a bit better reporting now,

Skuse is out for 3 weeks at least thats good news, lets keep our fingers crossed for gregg

Archived