IGNORED

Maynard Suffers "serious Knee Injury"

Rudolf Hucker

It's not the same knee. Consequently I don't see previous injuries have any bearing on his recovery from this one.

Hope he gets back into the team asap as he made a real difference to our attack, but I'm sure we have enough high-quality cover. Hopefully Joe Mason will get some more games now.

He probably compenstated a lot with his other knee, even if he didnt know it. If now both knees are dodgy then it will be a lot harder.

Back on to "Micky", al I can say is, I hope he doesnt move anytime soon as I'm using his Wifi!

12th March 2013 - Daily Star Exclusive: Crocked professional footballer Micky Maynard denies all knowledge of downloading dubious pictures through his ISP account. Micky says "I don't know where these images are from or why they came through my computer. If I want to look at a load of big tits I'd go into work." The trial continues.

I live in one of the very few nice areas of Cardiff, I love living here, it's the people I hate.

Oh please, like every city Cardiff has it's good and bad parts, but the vast bulk of the city is extremely liveable indeed. The east generally less so (Tremorfa, Trowbridge, Pentwyn, parts of St Mellons), but there are very few parts of Cardiff that aren't pleasant, green and with good transport, schools and local facilities.

And people are pretty much people everywhere, and certainly Cardiffians are frequently considered friendly, and I was specifically told this the other day by a visiting person who lives in Bristol..I quote.."I've got to say, the people here are very, very friendly."

Anyway..

"Nicky has a torn anterior cruciate ligament, an injury that requires surgery," Cardiff City Head of Performance Richard Collinge said this evening.

I would imagine that's 6+ months out. Third serious injury of his career, makes you wonder if he could come through another...?

Note "torn" not "ruptured". A tear is bad but it's not quite the career-threatener that a rupture can be.

Why the concerns? It's a subliminal instruction about what you should do if any have strayed....

Thought it might be reference to a sexual position our friends from over the bridge adopt with sheep.

Oh please, like every city Cardiff has it's good and bad parts, but the vast bulk of the city is extremely liveable indeed. The east generally less so (Tremorfa, Trowbridge, Pentwyn, parts of St Mellons), but there are very few parts of Cardiff that aren't pleasant, green and with good transport, schools and local facilities.

And people are pretty much people everywhere, and certainly Cardiffians are frequently considered friendly, and I was specifically told this the other day by a visiting person who lives in Bristol..I quote.."I've got to say, the people here are very, very friendly."

Anyway..

and then you nutted him!

Anyway..

Anyway..

You forgot to mention Llanrumney, Llanederyn, Splott, Adamsdown, Grangetown, Riverside, Gabalfa, Mynachdy, Ely, Fairwater, Pentrebane, Butetown etc all shit holes.

You are right about people though, not that you can understand half of them!

You forgot to mention Llanrumney, Llanederyn, Splott, Adamsdown, Grangetown, Riverside, Gabalfa, Mynachdy, Ely, Fairwater, Pentrebane, Butetown etc all shit holes.

You are right about people though, not that you can understand half of them!

Grangetown, Riverside, Splott, Adamsdown..all just traditional working class terraced areas..lots of shops, a few pubs and bars, restaurants etc..not bad areas really. Ely and Llanrumney-your traditional large edge of city estates..comparable to Hartcliffe. Gabalfa and Mynachdy are as good as council estates get to be honest..not really bad areas at all. Yep, Butetown is, or can be rough, but it's probably the poorest part of the city, but a dream compared to the poorest parts of London, Manchester or Glasgow. You forgot to mention Tremorfa..my least favourite part of the lot...nothing there whatsoever. What i like about Cardiff is it's still an affordable city. The working class of this city aren't being pushed out.

Llandaff, Whitchurch, Roath, Lakeside, Canton, Pontcanna, Victoria Park, Penylan, Llanishen, Lisvane, The Bay, Heath..all nice areas..the bulk of the city is nice in my opinion.

Anyway..

Very true CBL as there are good and bad parts of every city/town same as there are good and bad people in every city/town.

Personally, I dont have a problem with the Welsh apart from the Cardiff fans who act 'tough' and start trouble. Same as any other teams fans really (apart from maybe our nearest neighbours).

Back on topic, I don't wish injury on any player (apart from Ian Alexander if he was still playing :D ) and wish Mick a speedy recovery, but I do think he might struggle to come back as good as he was after another serious knee op. Time will tell I suppose.

Note "torn" not "ruptured". A tear is bad but it's not quite the career-threatener that a rupture can be.

Actually it can be career threatening in as much as the knee will never be as good as it was pre surgery, and obvoiusly pre injury, I would be very surprised to see Nicky achieve the level of fitness required to play in the Premier League.

his dream may well be over, before its begun, and he faces a lengthy rehab programme. He will also face a huge mental barrier to overcome.

I don't think he ever achieved again the sharpness he had shown with us prior to his first injury.

Grangetown, Riverside, Splott, Adamsdown..all just traditional working class terraced areas..lots of shops, a few pubs and bars, restaurants etc..not bad areas really. Ely and Llanrumney-your traditional large edge of city estates..comparable to Hartcliffe. Gabalfa and Mynachdy are as good as council estates get to be honest..not really bad areas at all. Yep, Butetown is, or can be rough, but it's probably the poorest part of the city, but a dream compared to the poorest parts of London, Manchester or Glasgow. You forgot to mention Tremorfa..my least favourite part of the lot...nothing there whatsoever. What i like about Cardiff is it's still an affordable city. The working class of this city aren't being pushed out.

Llandaff, Whitchurch, Roath, Lakeside, Canton, Pontcanna, Victoria Park, Penylan, Llanishen, Lisvane, The Bay, Heath..all nice areas..the bulk of the city is nice in my opinion.

I'd agree to a point but even a Cardiffian can see that Strangetown, Splott etc are run down. As for Roath, the area around the back of the Claude is a dump, 2 murders in a short space of time, a homeless/junkie hostel on Oakfield St & the Roma pick pockets on Albany Rd have brought the area down, ditto for Canton, less the murders.

Llanishen is 50/50, large houses then there's the Crystals, I'd agree that Pontcanna is nice, as are Penylan, Cyncoed & Llandaff although Llandaff turns into Fairwater pretty quickly once you pass the Dell.

I'd say that there are some nice areas in Cardiff but Pontcanna asides, Cardiff lacks the independent, artistic village vibe that Bristol suburbs like Montpelier, Clifton, Hotwells, Bedminster, Southville, St Werburghs etc has.

Bristol has undoubtedly worse areas too, Cardiff has nothing comparable to St Pauls, Hartcliffe, Knowle West, Southmead, Easton etc.

Um ditto.

I don't actively wish ill, but I'll not be penning a get well soon card any time in this millenia.

yep. I don't really care if he's not injured. By the same rule I don't give a hoot now that he is. People crowding around wishing him well, get a grip. He's knackered his knee. He's not lost a leg or had a heart attack or a brain hemorrhage. really don't give us a toss if a loaded footballer whose not with us takes a nick. part of the job and they get paid well for it.

Anyway..

I've been to Cardiff quite a few times and I love the place. I've always found the people of Cardiff to be friendly.. Me and a friend of mine drove over the bridge and took the park and ride into the city, the bus driver asked us where we were going then got a map out to show us where to go and even recommended a pub to get a steak.

I think Cardiff is nice as a place, but I have to say - your football club is a bit mickey mouse ;-)

Nicky Maynard the CARDIFF player is injured in what way shape or form does it concern the city? Who cares!

Exactly. If anything he did us a favour. Baldock for me is the type of striker we require and Maynard leaving for WHU put us in a good bargaining position. We should be thanking him!

Hope he recovers speedily regardless.

My two pence worth . I work in Cardiif alot . Most parts are ok . A lot less divided than Bristol . Bristol is very divided along the line of class and creed. Just go on the Rovers website and see the comments they make about South Bristol . I have met people from Redland/Cotham who have never been South of the River.

However I think both the citezens of Bristol and Cardiif can count themselves lucky they leave in Cities that are not riddled with drugs , crime , gangs and fear . I have spent a time working in Manchester I can honestly say what a vile horrible place it is, and I found the people unfriendly and unwelcoming . Bristol and Cardiif do have it's social problems but some of the Northern Town are grim beyond belief.

Actually thats not strictly true a tear can be worse in the long term...with a rupture the ligaments are repaired normally using a piece of the hamstring or groin ligament, as with Ribeiro a few seasons back. This has complications in as much as it takes time to redevelop the core muscles, and hamstring and groin problems are common during recuperation. Once healed a ruptured Cruciate is generally as strong if not stronger than before.

With a torn ligament there will always be a weakness there...and this is obviously an area in which Maynard is susceptible. I think 12 months recuperation torn or ruptured is on the cards.

Its not the severe injury it once was though...but I often wonder why it is quite a common injury these days relatively speaking.. In my playing days in the 70,s Cruciate ruptures were quite rare.

Actually thats not strictly true a tear can be worse in the long term...with a rupture the ligaments are repaired normally using a piece of the hamstring or groin ligament, as with Ribeiro a few seasons back. This has complications in as much as it takes time to redevelop the core muscles, and hamstring and groin problems are common during recuperation. Once healed a ruptured Cruciate is generally as strong if not stronger than before.

With a torn ligament there will always be a weakness there...and this is obviously an area in which Maynard is susceptible. I think 12 months recuperation torn or ruptured is on the cards.

Its not the severe injury it once was though...but I often wonder why it is quite a common injury these days relatively speaking.. In my playing days in the 70,s Cruciate ruptures were quite rare.

You do have to wonder if Nicky will struggle with both knees being slightly weakened, one injury surely means that other usually becomes the stronger no?

I wonder if its the boots (blades) that cause more injuries, with blades does it keep the foot facing forward where traditional studs would make the boot/foot turn in same direction as knee is going?

Archived